The kids are alright

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ole needs to put all his faith in this crop of youngsters this season and both Woodward and us fans need to back them 100%.

Really feels like we’ve got a special group coming through.

red4ever 79

Gomes and Tuanzebe are ready to start. Greenwood in and out from the bench. Cant for the life of me think why Gomes is overlooked for Mata and Andreas.

RedDevilRoshi

Both Gomes & Greenwood changed the game for me.

Really hope they get a chance this season. They’ve shown when called upon that they can handle the step up.

Tuanzebe was class at the back as well

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Based on this pre-season Gomes should be in the first XI.

Untd55

Will they play is the real question. I think Greenwood and Gomes should be getting quite a bit of time. I think Gomes is a priority, then we might be able to convince him to sign a new contract.

Completely convinced by those two.

Tuanzebe looks pretty good, also.

Reactions: van der star

Dr. StrangeHate

Cannot understand Gomes not getting the minutes Mata does.
Especially considering Mata hasn't impressed since that Juanfield game. I get that gomes shouldn't start PL games but friendly games, Carling cup and FA cup should be all kids. Very few people care about those trophies.

Shiva87

They were good, but putting them in the starting line up puts a lot of pressure on them. I'd like to see Ole keep them around the squad and give them 10-15 minutes every other game. That should be a good place to be for both of them.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
With immediate effect or we'll go through similar motions with risking another manager sacked. The club is simply too afraid of clearout possibility and it's sad.

Days to end of the window and we still got seven CB's... yes, seven.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
They are talented but they need more time before starting games regularly.

Bringing them on with 10-15 minutes to go against tired defences is just right. They can start in the cups, though. I'm confident Ole and the coaching staff will do it properly.

What's really pleasing is that the kids give us a bit of depth and options.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's right there in front of him. Ole wants to play progressive football starting from the back with a fluid attacking line and that's what these kids bring to the side. Just how unnerved did Milan look in the last 10 minutes with James, Gomes and Greenwood running at them?

Okey

I know it's preseason but Ole really does need to get them in the team. They're definitely alright. Tuanzebe looks to be easily better than Lindelof. Perhaps him and Maguire would be out best CB pairing? Gomes does make you purr at times. Greenwood has greatness in his sights. They're kids so need to be blooded the right way, without killing them with pressure. But surely they have to get a look on this season.

DBT85

They need minutes, but getting them with Mata, Sanchez taking up space will be difficult.
Days to end of the window and we still got seven CB's... yes, seven.
Look on the bright side, well have 8 come Monday. Who doesn't want 6 backup CBs?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Look on the bright side, well have 8 come Monday. Who doesn't want 6 backup CBs?
And yet come December they'll all be injured and we'll be playing mctominay and bissaka there.

settembrini

I agree but the absurd amount of deadwood in the squad is going to make giving them all minutes difficult. Gomes for instance has played far less in pre-season than his performances have deserved but is stuck behind the awful Mata who we just gave a new contract too.

flappyjay

I thing Lvg had absolutely right was keeping a small squad in order to fill in with academy lads if there is a need. Right now we have way too many players in the senior squad

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Gomes, Greenwood and James changed that game. Now that doesn't necessarily mean they'd have the same effect playing the full 90 week in, week out - but I'd like to find out. Surely it's got to be better than watching the same old faces offering absolutely no threat.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
But we need to spend or we will be 6th. We bought Maguire for £80m, and we should get Dybala. Let’s loan or sell Tuanzebe and Gomes.

Is Harry Winks going to get less game time because Poch signed a CM?

el3mel

I prefer watching Gomes and Greenwood making mistakes x10 more than watching Mata doing absolutely nothing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My favourite moment from preseason was Greenwood’s penalty and then cutting to Solskjaer who nodded very assuredly and said “He’s brilliant” to whoever was next to him.

The club knows what a diamond they have there.

AgentP

Tuanzebe, Gomes and Greenwood need to be on the bench every game. They are almost ready. They should start most cup games and get plenty of minutes this season.

Chong is a level below the above 3. He won't play much part in the PL but get games in the cups.

Garner is the least ready and probably also the youngest. He might be sparingly used in the cup games.

redshaw

We saw it against Inter as well.

Ole will have no choice to play them when the deadwood are winching around the pitch and struggling to create anything. Attack attack attack.

DBT85

:lol:

With Megaslab we'll have seven and I'm afraid we'll send Axel on loan so other team can benefit. :(
I swear blind I just wrote out all the names and counted to 8. But I've just done it again and only got 7.

My head hurts.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They are good, Gomes, Greenwood, Tuanzebe looked good. Tuanzebe showed so much composure when pressed, complete opposite to Rojo.

Gomes looks more positive player than Mata, he is more skillful and also isn't easily shrugged off the ball.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's a good show. It's like the Goldbergs of the 70s

AneRu

I thing Lvg had absolutely right was keeping a small squad in order to fill in with academy lads if there is a need. Right now we have way too many players in the senior squad
But is there a law that says the senior squad has to play before we try out the kids because to me I see nothing wrong with starting Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Gomes ahead of Mata, Smalling at al and Lingard. The potential upside is too big to miss out on and we'd be crazy to sacrifice our future to please a bunch of wage thieves.

rotherham_red

I know it's preseason but Ole really does need to get them in the team. They're definitely alright. Tuanzebe looks to be easily better than Lindelof. Perhaps him and Maguire would be out best CB pairing? Gomes does make you purr at times. Greenwood has greatness in his sights. They're kids so need to be blooded the right way, without killing them with pressure. But surely they have to get a look on this season.
Axel and Maguire would probably the best partnership in terms of fit because Axel shares many of Maguire's characteristics but has the pace that the latter lacks, and likewise Maguire has the aerial presence that Axel hasn't yet fully developed. Wouldn't be surprised if we played a 3 at the back at times because all three compliment each other very well.

George The Best

Spurs doesn’t have much competition and lack squad depth unlike United. We have 7 center backs and over 7 central midfielder.
Plenty of quantity, but not too much quality, hence we’ve had to buy Maguire at CB. Take Pogba out of midfield and there’s not much left there either, as AC Milan showed tonight. Yes, we’ve got a good batch of kids coming through that should further develop with some game time this season, but we desperately need a DM at the very least. Huge risk to start many of the kids against Chelsea and Wolves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Unfortunately all 3 (Tuanzebe, Gomes, Greenwood) would have had a much better chance of playing had we not just signed Maguire and Dybala

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Unfortunately all 3 (Tuanzebe, Gomes, Greenwood) would have had a much better chance of playing had we not just signed Maguire and Dybala
There’s still plenty of deadwood in those positions for them to oust.

George The Best

Dybala not on board yet as far as I know. Even if we sign him I think it’s unlikely he’ll figure in the first 2 games due to lack of pre-season. Think James or Greenwood will make the team for the first two matches.