The Kings view on Oles Utd

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Haven't seen it posted, deserves a thread of its own..

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
In my 13 years on the caf this is the first time I can remember Cantonas comments have been ignored.

Typical of modern support I suppose.

hobbers

I'd forgive our performances if Cantona was managing. At least he has a sense of humour.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
In my 13 years on the caf this is the first time I can remember Cantonas comments have been ignored.

Typical of modern support I suppose.
Yeah this is the first time I'm aware he even made any comment, thanks to your bump.

It's strange to see it so silent in here. You would think fans would appreciate honesty from someone who genuinely cares for the club but I guess not.

He's bang on, even if its said in jest, his simile sums us up to a tee.

I know i would take Cantona's blunt honesty over the current cult movement going on any day.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The lack of response to this thread is similar in theme to the debate about the General being less active, the Awards vote being down, the negative atmosphere etc etc - our enthusiasm has been killed off due to the last six years' failings and a future which looks unpromising.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The lack of response to this thread is similar in theme to the debate about the General being less active, the Awards vote being down, the negative atmosphere etc etc - our enthusiasm has been killed off due to the last six years' failings and a future which looks unpromising.
My take on it is, yes we've failed the past 6 years, but when the club is actively trying to lower fan expectations with each successive failure, (Even Ole has done a 180 since he first came in) instead of maintaining high standards.

When it seems everyone associated with the club are more concerned about looking after their self interests instead of what's actually right for the club, it makes you feel awfully helpless about a hopeless situation in general.

ravi2

The terrible decisions of the United board are killing United on and off the pitch. Eventually we will fall financially as well if this keeps up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: Love it. The man has just so much charisma. He's a natural infront of the camera too. Should have his own satirical sitcom.

izec

There is not much to say really. He is right of course, not just with his metaphor, but in general. The structure, the tactics, the culture, the stadium

DoomSlayer

Cantona is obviously summing up the post-Sir Alex era, what is there to discuss? It's hilarious in typical Eric style but it's just a joke.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Daily Mail : "Eric Cantona destroyed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in his Christmas video, saying 'United play like an old man' "

Hughie77

It's brilliant summing up of the present situation. Love the guy.