Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

AaronRedDevil

Such BS. the multiplayer in the first one was some of the best multiplayer I've ever played. Then all that teasing every year only to cancel it now. All because they wanted to do some dumb online service type. Hopefully for TLOU 3 they'll just give us the same as the first one, with better movement and weapons. That's all anyone wanted for it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You do know that when people buy their game they do not already know the storyline or who the characters will be or their sexual orientation right? I have no problems with Ellie liking a girl, just as I have no problems with Abby being big. Representation and diversity is important. But don't do it just for the sake of it which felt to me like what they did (Lev as well?!). What the game should have done more is to focus on the premise of revenge and its implications which was the main idea of the game.

Anyway that wasn't the main reasons (it was one small gripe) I didn't think the game wasn't very good. I just got bored of it halfway through and was waiting for it to end.
Same is the case any film or work of art. Your choice whether you want to consume. If the sight of a lesbian kiss annoys anyone they are free to turn it off. Yeah it’s a story of revenge - but are such stories not meant to have personal stories within them? This isn’t John Wick. Also what would make it ‘not for the sake of it’. Genuinely curious about that one.

What happened to Lev? I care so little about this diversity / hate diversity business I don’t notice. I remember him being a rebellious young boy

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How do you people not realise yet that gay people’s existence in things means it’s being literally forced upon us.

If you think for longer than one individual synaptic connection of your brain you may also come to the conclusion that someone being gay is no more “for the sake of it” than an Asian character, or a female character, or literally the choice of horse colour. It’s arbritrary and only seems to matter to certain people. But let’s not stress our heads with that much critical thinking.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How do you people not realise yet that gay people’s existence in things means it’s being literally forced upon us.

If you think for longer than one individual synaptic connection of your brain you may also come to the conclusion that someone being gay is no more “for the sake of it” than an Asian character, or a female character, or literally the choice of horse colour. It’s arbritrary and only seems to matter to certain people. But let’s not stress our heads with that much critical thinking.
Stop forcing your Solius-ness on me

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Such BS. the multiplayer in the first one was some of the best multiplayer I've ever played. Then all that teasing every year only to cancel it now. All because they wanted to do some dumb online service type. Hopefully for TLOU 3 they'll just give us the same as the first one, with better movement and weapons. That's all anyone wanted for it.
Unfortunately modern gaming doesn't allow for that. Thanks to the rise of Twitch and streaming, online multilayer is a whole new world of constant updates, content releases and not to mention the huge amount of server cost.

It's not as easy as just dropping a mode and letting it run it's course anymore, it's an equal if not bigger investment in itself now. Sucks, but that's just the way it is.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wait TLOU2 should have focused MORE on revenge?! It's all they bloody talked about.

Oh except for the 2 hour soliloquy about how if you don't like trans people then you're a bigot... oh wait!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

That's the thing, nothing was rammed down our throats, those characters just existed like they do in real life.

Just say you dont like gays and get on with it.