Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

Marcelinho87

I am about 8 hours in and I think this is one of the most tedious games I have ever played... the segments between story are just so long and drawn out I find myself losing interest.

I am struggling to play this and it's a shame.

b82REZ

I am about 8 hours in and I think this is one of the most tedious games I have ever played... the segments between story are just so long and drawn out I find myself losing interest.

Pretty much where I am with it.

Not played it now for a few weeks and I don't see myself returning to it anytime soon.

onemanarmy

You know you can skip the video segments, right? I'm enjoying it a lot.

Marcelinho87

You know you can skip the video segments, right? I'm enjoying it a lot.
The video segments are fine, I like cutscenes in a game which is film orientated... I find the segments between cutscenes on this too long and takes you out of the story as it's just sneaking from a-b everytime.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Update tomorrow adding a lot of features. Permadeath etc.

But they're also adding a film grain option which leads me to asking why wasn't that an option on the original release? Why leave something in that uglifies the game?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Update tomorrow adding a lot of features. Permadeath etc.

But they're also adding a film grain option which leads me to asking why wasn't that an option on the original release? Why leave something in that uglifies the game?
Probably because they've finally fixed some issues that it was hiding.

Looks like a fun update though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

@Damien update title.
I’ve been waiting for this news. I’ve yet to play last of us part 2,, Ghost of Tsushima and GoW as didn’t like either the 1440p res or choppy frame rate on GoW. Stoked for this!

Bojan11

I’ve been waiting for this news. I’ve yet to play last of us part 2,, Ghost of Tsushima and GoW as didn’t like either the 1440p res or choppy frame rate on GoW. Stoked for this!

It’s fake. I got hoodwinked by some clown on resetera, who is apparently going around creating threads with fake news.

Paxi

It’s fake. I got hoodwinked by some clown on resetera, who is apparently going around creating threads with fake news.
Seriously? That’s a bummer. Hopefully they do it anyway.

Paxi

Part 2 should definitely have some 60 FPS mode. 4K 60FPS update was probably wishful thinking on my part.
I’d be happy with 4K 30. Naughty dog do fine with 30fps if Uncharted series is to go by.

Sylar

My GF got this for my birthday. Im really enjoying this.

I remember there being a big controversy over some storyline before it was released but cant remember what it was (and if it was for this, but im sure it was for this)
Im on the part
where youre in the hospital and find out where a certain character is (and then it shows 2 years previously)

BTw, the part where they are in the museum and Ellie puts the hat on the dinosaur is something i totally would do myself. I think id be good friends with her for that humour alone.
But yeah, enjoying it.

Ive been out of games for a long long time and got back in this year due to lockdown / wfh. I didnt play part 1 but I hear from others its great and although the ending is kinda told in this, im still thinking of getting it to play.

AaronRedDevil

My GF got this for my birthday. Im really enjoying this.

I remember there being a big controversy over some storyline before it was released but cant remember what it was (and if it was for this, but im sure it was for this)
Im on the part
where youre in the hospital and find out where a certain character is (and then it shows 2 years previously)

BTw, the part where they are in the museum and Ellie puts the hat on the dinosaur is something i totally would do myself. I think id be good friends with her for that humour alone.
But yeah, enjoying it.

Ive been out of games for a long long time and got back in this year due to lockdown / wfh. I didnt play part 1 but I hear from others its great and although the ending is kinda told in this, im still thinking of getting it to play.
Wait. You’re playing this but haven’t played one!? Are you mad? :lol: . Anyway yes for the love of god play one. It’s a masterpiece. Part 2 is just as good IMO.

gormless

I borrowed it from my mate. It’s not for me. It’s a good game. But I felt that I was just having to get through it.
The magic of the first game was about Ellie and Joel’s relationship. By not having them journeying somewhere together I feel like it’s just a very good game. I think I just wanted more of the same, but can see why people loved it

Sylar

Wait. You’re playing this but haven’t played one!? Are you mad? :lol: . Anyway yes for the love of god play one. It’s a masterpiece. Part 2 is just as good IMO.
I am indeed haha
I kinda started it cos my gf wanted me to test it out even though I told her I haven't played one
Then once I started I thought fck it, enjoying this too much :lol:

I'll play one as a prequel haha

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Wait...you played it?

bUt WoT aBoUt ThE aGeNdAs!!!!!

(I liked it too actually. Not the best game ever, a bit too long, but still was a decent play)
The gameplay was delivious. A vast improvement on the 1st game and I personally enjoyed the story. The only issue I had with the game was the length of the 2nd story arc, that should have been shorter, as to me I struggled to get through it for obvious reasons. Trying not to spoil the story. :)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The gameplay was delivious. A vast improvement on the 1st game and I personally enjoyed the story. The only issue I had with the game was the length of the 2nd story arc, that should have been shorter, as to me I struggled to get through it for obvious reasons. Trying not to spoil the story. :)
The problem with the gameplay overall, is that it is very dated. The stealth, the A.I, the collisions they are all from the first game. Also, you have an epic beautiful world and absolutely nothing to see or bother to explore (past the first little bit) as there's nothing worth finding and incredibly linear. It's all 10 years ago on that front.

However there was a ton of atmosphere, the shooting feels impactful and the overall mood hits home. It speaks volumes that the best moments for me are the flashbacks to Joel that echo the best bits of the first game, their relationship building, so I get why some were mad at the route they took for this one. But all in all, whilst still pretty much the same as the first, it could have gone a lot worse and I still stuck around until the end.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I find a lot of the segments just far too long. I give myself an hour or two to play but I’m done after 30 mins. I think I’ll still be going through it past Christmas because I don’t have the urge to pick it up.

There’s parts of it where I felt I did the same thing over and over

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've not managed to finish it yet, life's bullshit got in the way. Gonna have to either start again or pray I remember wtf was going on.

Sylar

Damn this got dark. The part where

Ellie kills the pregnant woman. And then pretty much right after Jesse dies. I thought he would die but it kinda came outta nowhere for me

anant

Damn this got dark. The part where

Ellie kills the pregnant woman. And then pretty much right after Jesse dies. I thought he would die but it kinda came outta nowhere for me
You mean Abby, right?

Paxi

Spoilers people. Some haven't played the game yet.

Sylar

Yeah what @RedSky said
It just gets dark

I do like how we can control Abby and play from the other side and see it from that perspective

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Do we know when multiplayer is coming to this? And the next gen patch?

TLOU1 multiplayer was so good.

Lay

What was the TLOU1 multiplayer like? Don’t think I ever played it

Code-CX

I’ve been playing this for the past two days, and I’m enjoying it. Maybe not as much as the first, but it’s still pretty good.

I think I’ve been living under a rock recently, but apparently this game’s received a lot of backlash for some reason? Can anyone fill me in? Is this some sort of Mass Effect 3 ending type of backlash cause that would be pretty disappointing tbh.

Also, can anyone let me know how long I still have to finish the game? I really need to get back to work:lol:.

I’ve just started playing as Abby after she finds Ellie and co at the theatre

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I’ve been playing this for the past two days, and I’m enjoying it. Maybe not as much as the first, but it’s still pretty good.

I think I’ve been living under a rock recently, but apparently this game’s received a lot of backlash for some reason? Can anyone fill me in? Is this some sort of Mass Effect 3 ending type of backlash cause that would be pretty disappointing tbh.

Also, can anyone let me know how long I still have to finish the game? I really need to get back to work:lol:.

I’ve just started playing as Abby after she finds Ellie and co at the theatre
You're about half way through? Maybe even a third. I'll split the difference and say 40%.

stu_1992

Finished this on Friday after a long break in playing it, mainly down to just being busy. Honestly the first half of the game felt like a little bit of a slog. I can understand people who say that. However it gets so much better once you

Get to replay the Seattle days as Abby. Overall I thought she was way more interesting than Ellie and had a better character arc.

Also

I can understand if some thought it was rather pointless for Ellie to not kill Abby after all that effort but I was glad Abby survived. She was a much better perosn at that point. Of course Ellie sparing Abby is a sign of a bit of a redemption too but it's still in the early stages and remains to be seen if she has changed for the better.