Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been really good so far. The clicker noise is spot on and wonderfully creepy. Bella Ramsey is nailing it.

Moiraine

Been really good so far. The clicker noise is spot on and wonderfully creepy. Bella Ramsey is nailing it.
how come zombies didn’t attach when they killed two in Museum if they are connected

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
how come zombies didn’t attach when they killed two in Museum if they are connected
Not sure. There are different types so maybe only the fresher ones can sense it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Not all of them are connected. You saw how the threads of fungus grew out of the ground and touched the one guy in the end, and then we saw the fungus (same organism I guess) grow and touch the people in the courthouse (?), who then popped up and ran.

(No need to use spoiler tags in this thread for already aired content, surely?)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I actually got an urge to play the first game again after that episode. Checked the remake on the PS store thinking it would be €30/40.

€80. They have some cheek :lol: I suppose they knew there would be a horde of new players buying it after seeing the TV show.

AlPistacho

I don't think anyone has actually read the spoiler policy. I've just deleted or edited a huge number of posts - sigh.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/spoiler-policy-updated-02-11-2021.350710/

So this thread is about the TV series only.

You can only discuss what has actually happened in episodes that have been already broadcast.

• No game talk whatsoever. None at all. Especially no comparisons between the game and TV show. It might seem harmless to you but even something like discussing a character in part 2 of the game means they lived and that spoils the tv series for non-gamers.
  • No reviews or trailers should be posted as they often contain spoilers except in labelled spoiler tags (not at all is better).
  • And no discussion of the TV show in the game thread either as the TV show may push people to the game - spoilers again.

Importantly:
  • Any and all comment related to future developments must be placed in spoiler tags.
  • Trailers for future series can only be posted if in spoiler tags AND that the spoiler tag is labelled so people know what to expect inside the spoiler tags.
  • Only speculation that is both your own guess work AND only based on episodes that have already aired can be posted with or without spolier tags.
From now on warning points will be handed out.
[/SPOILER]

AlPistacho

I don't know what the rules are anymore.
I don't think anyone has actually read the spoiler policy. I've just deleted or edited a huge number of posts - sigh.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/spoiler-policy-updated-02-11-2021.350710/

So this thread is about the TV series only.

You can only discuss what has actually happened in episodes that have been already broadcast.

• No game talk whatsoever. None at all. Especially no comparisons between the game and TV show. It might seem harmless to you but even something like discussing a character in part 2 of the game means they lived and that spoils the tv series for non-gamers.
  • No reviews or trailers should be posted as they often contain spoilers except in labelled spoiler tags (not at all is better).
  • And no discussion of the TV show in the game thread either as the TV show may push people to the game - spoilers again.

Importantly:
  • Any and all comment related to future developments must be placed in spoiler tags.
  • Trailers for future series can only be posted if in spoiler tags AND that the spoiler tag is labelled so people know what to expect inside the spoiler tags.
  • Only speculation that is both your own guess work AND only based on episodes that have already aired can be posted with or without spolier tags.
From now on warning points will be handed out.

AlPistacho

Anyone know what this actually means? Surely you don't have to put speculation in spoiler tags?
Future show development can still spoil especially because it’s linked to existing source material.

Hypothetically, season 2 gets announced and people start saying character A is going to do xyz.

1) This lets people know that character is alive.

2) most importantly for something developed from existing source material is people who have played the game will naturally give things away in discussion.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
One of the mods. @Wibble

I think the rules work on a thread that will probably last for years and this year at least will be very active with lots of new people contributing as the season progresses.
@Wibble won't do anything. They're too busy wrestling crocs beside their outdoor BBQ shouting "crikey, mate!". Assuming Wibble's Australian...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Anyone know what this actually means? Surely you don't have to put speculation in spoiler tags?
Yes as many people don't want to know other people's ideas of what may happen. Doubly so as so many people will be unable to not give away furture game based plot because so may will have played the game. If nothing else it is just polite to use spoiler tags. However, most specualtion in this thread seems to be based on what happens later in the game anyway. Which is a spoiler.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yes as many people don't want to know other people's ideas of what may happen. Doubly so as so many people will be unable to not give away furture game based plot because so may will have played the game. If nothing else it is just polite to use spoiler tags. However, most specualtion in this thread seems to be based on what happens later in the game anyway. Which is a spoiler.
Yeah gotcha.

What about the official companion podcast from HBO? It is future-spoiler free (episode by episode), but of course they do talk about it comparison to the game (since one of the creators is also the creator of the game, and the host is the voice-actor for Joel). It's not specifically for people who have played the games, though, it's just like the other HBO companion podcasts that have been increasingly common.

Can you reference if they explain something there, related to aired episodes?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The flashbacks in the first two episodes have been really good so far. I hope they add more of those. It would be good to see some different periods within that 20 year period between the start of the virus outbreak and the present day.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout
The flashbacks in the first two episodes have been really good so far. I hope they add more of those. It would be good to see some different periods within that 2 year period between the start of the virus outbreak and the present day.
20 year, in case you didn't just forget the 0.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah gotcha.

What about the official companion podcast from HBO? It is future-spoiler free (episode by episode), but of course they do talk about it comparison to the game (since one of the creators is also the creator of the game, and the host is the voice-actor for Joel). It's not specifically for people who have played the games, though, it's just like the other HBO companion podcasts that have been increasingly common.

Can you reference if they explain something there, related to aired episodes?
I don't think podcasts were a big thing when we wrote the spoiler policy. I guess either of the following points could apply.

- Trailers for future series can only be posted if in spoiler tags AND that the spoiler tag is labelled so people know what to expect inside the spoiler tags.
- "Next week on ..." clips and trailers aren't considered to be part of an episode and should never be posted even in spoiler tags.

I'd say that nobody would worry if the link was posted with a warning that spoilers may possibly be talked about and better yet if the link was posted in spoiler tags and the spoiler title said something like "Podcast link - spoilers may be taked about" or something like that. The bottom line is not to spoil anyone's enjoyment and when such a popular game becomes a TV show it is hard to separate the 2 in your hread of you have played the game. Which is why we aren't throwing points around and why we are allowing the other thread which contains non-stop spoilers for the game if you haven't played it because it isn't a tread about the game itself.

AlPistacho

The flashbacks in the first two episodes have been really good so far. I hope they add more of those. It would be good to see some different periods within that 20 year period between the start of the virus outbreak and the present day.
Yeah. I’m interested in Joel’s journey and how he met Tess. He’s a good guy who appears haunted by the things he’s seen / done since the outbreak… those 5 minutes at the start might be a good way to show us. Without going down the prequel route.

Last edited:

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I don't know what the rules are anymore.
What are the rules? What. Are. The. Rules? What are the ruuuuuuuules? When you’ve just turned black and you can’t switch back, well you’ve gotta go and find out the rules.

Woodzy

I don’t see why people can’t just put things in spoiler tags, game or otherwise, and just give it a fairly descriptive title so that people know whether to click or not. In my mind it’s that’s straight forward but there you go.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don’t see why people can’t just put things in spoiler tags, game or otherwise, and just give it a fairly descriptive title so that people know whether to click or not. In my mind it’s that’s straight forward but there you go.
Yeah it’s not hard.

arnie_ni

Because people don't do that, then you click and it's ruined. Happened over and over in GOT thread