Television The Last of Us TV series in the works from Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin and Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann

AaronRedDevil

Hope they dont go full on feminist with it. They probably will. And I really hope they have good actors to play Elle and Joel. Turn her into a badass and Joel will be logan hah.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I wanted this for so long

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Oh my. This will be amazing. Hugh Jackman as Joel surely?

kps88

Can't wait for everyone to lose their shit over whoever they cast and whatever tiny changes they make.

Rooney1987

Being done by guy who made Chernobyl too. The tension in that show would really work a Last of Us show as well imo.

hobbers

Why does it even need an adaptation? The game is cinematic enough.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hope they dont go full on feminist with it. They probably will.
Wot?

The game itself had its fair share of strong female characters, don't see why the show wouldn't follow suit. Unless they have a big "kill the patriarchy" banner behind them at all times I'm not sure what people will have to complain about..but, who am I kidding, they probably will anyway.

AaronRedDevil

Least HBO are good with characters, especially the women ones. Every women in a lot of shows are all “I am a women, I am strong, independent and don’t need no man, and I’m stronger then them all too”. The best ones don’t act like this and just slowly grow on the show and become one of the best characters. Like Ygritte, Carmela, all GOT. Elle is in her teens and isn’t exactly strong yet. So it would be stupid if Elle could beat a 200 pound guy. So hopefully she can beat guys by sneaking behind them or having the knife like in the game.

Sweet Square

Be interesting to see what they can do with it because I think one of the reasons the last of us gets praised so much is down to how low the level of story telling is in video games. if they just copy it straight from the game it will end up being a standard zombie television show like the walking dead.

kps88

Least HBO are good with characters, especially the women ones. Every women in a lot of shows are all “I am a women, I am strong, independent and don’t need no man, and I’m stronger then them all too”. The best ones don’t act like this and just slowly grow on the show and become one of the best characters. Like Ygritte, Carmela, all GOT. Elle is in her teens and isn’t exactly strong yet. So it would be stupid if Elle could beat a 200 pound guy. So hopefully she can beat guys by sneaking behind them or having the knife like in the game.
So you basically don't want to see a teenage girl beat up a 200 pound guy. I think you'll be okay.

Morpheus 7

HBO and the director give me hope, not often you say it will be hard to match the game.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
My first thought for Ellie was the girl who played Loretta in Justified or the one out of Leave No Trace. Both great actors.

For Joel...errr...not sure...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
No thanks, she's 23 years old.

Ellie should be played by a young, unknown actress.

Oh and not be black cause.. uh.. feckin' woke SJW's amirite @AaronRedDevil
Age is just a number (careful....).

Alyssa from The End of the Fecking World is 27 and I had no idea until I googled her. Thought she was 18-20.

She'd actually be a good pick if she can do an American accent.

Bobski

What made the Last Of Us so compelling was that core relationship between Joel and Ellie. Not sure how you manage to stretch that out over a 10-12 episode season for a TV format. Means buffing up some of the stories around that core pair and world building.

A lot of talk about who should play Ellie, getting the right actor for Sarah will be important as well, that opening sequence in the game is a gut punch.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
What made the Last Of Us so compelling was that core relationship between Joel and Ellie. Not sure how you manage to stretch that out over a 10-12 episode season for a TV format. Means buffing up some of the stories around that core pair and world building.

A lot of talk about who should play Ellie, getting the right actor for Sarah will be important as well, that opening sequence in the game is a gut punch.
It will be shit if they just copy the game story anyway, it would work far better as a film. The'll have to change it up.

diarm

She didn't. She just commented on the apparent likeness, and was a little miffed about it.
Knew there was something I remembered reading. She was the absolute bop off her in fairness.