Television The Last of Us TV series in the works from Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin and Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
My problem with this series is that i think they should focus on other characters in this world. Ellie and Joel's story has been told. They already nailed it. It's one of the best games ever made and you're very unlikely to improve on it. We know these characters so well, i don't like the idea of having another Ellie and Joel.

So hopefully they will do that, otherwise i'm very skeptical of this show.
Only people who have played the game know the characters, there is a massive audience out there that dont know the story. I think its a great idea to bring the story to all those who havent played the game like we have.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I think Mahershala Ali would've been a great choice for Joel, personally. He could easily play the belligerent older man who has been made cynical and hardened by the world around him and by his own personal loss, while also lending a great deal of pathos to the character which stops him from becoming one-dimensional. Just watch him in Moonlight.

As for Pascal, I'm not so sure. Mostly because I haven't seen him in much apart from GoT and Narcos before I stopped watching it. Time will tell on that one, but I'm not all that enthused by it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Same kinda thing as Mandalorian for Pascal, minus the space wackiness.

Gruff distant man takes care of a kid against his wishes before growing attached to them.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Assuming the series will take part between the first and second game. Hope they include the Scars, the scene in part two when you have to traverse the forest while the Scars are communicating through whistles was so tense.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I think Mahershala Ali would've been a great choice for Joel, personally. He could easily play the belligerent older man who has been made cynical and hardened by the world around him and by his own personal loss, while also lending a great deal of pathos to the character which stops him from becoming one-dimensional. Just watch him in Moonlight.

As for Pascal, I'm not so sure. Mostly because I haven't seen him in much apart from GoT and Narcos before I stopped watching it. Time will tell on that one, but I'm not all that enthused by it.
Yeah I'm with this. I like Pascal, but I think his role in GoT really oversells his other work. I mean in Mando he doesn't have to do a huge amount, and in WW he did the best he could with the shite fed to him, but even then it was way too cheesy for me.

)_(

Hugh Jackman is 52, certainly in the ballpark for the first game. It takes place 20 years after the intro, where Joel has a 12 year old daughter. Even if he had her when he was 18, that still makes him 50 at the start of the first game. Give or take a few years.
Fair enough. I can't really see him in this role though.

RedDevilRoshi

Is this due to start airing later this year i.e. roundabout Christmas or most likely next year?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
At least we don't have to suffer any more of those comparison Reddit posts where someone says "Mr Actor would be perfect to play Joel purely because in this picture he also has a big beard."

Sylar

At least we don't have to suffer any more of those conparison pictures where someone says "Mr Actor would be perfect to play Joel purely because in this picture he also has a big beard."
Haven't most video game movie/tv adaptations been shit due to them going for somebody who looks like a character rather than the best actor to bring the character to life?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Haven't most video game movie/tv adaptations been shit due to them going for somebody who looks like a character rather than the best actor to bring the character to life?
It seems that way. They also like to put them in the exact same outfits but in entirely different situations compared to whatever game they wore it in. I remember that Resi Evil movie with Barry, Leon and Ada all wearing their game outfits and thinking "wait, isn't this a few years after the zombies took over and these folk have all been scavenging that entire time? Where the feck is Ada getting that red ball gown cleaned?!"

LonelyFire

Assuming the series will take part between the first and second game. Hope they include the Scars, the scene in part two when you have to traverse the forest while the Scars are communicating through whistles was so tense.
It may get there but it’s certainly starting with the story from the first game.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Only people who have played the game know the characters, there is a massive audience out there that dont know the story. I think its a great idea to bring the story to all those who havent played the game like we have.
I'm one of those people.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It'll start at the beginning of the story. Anything else is madness.

Sylar

Did you dump her? For fecking up the chronology?
Haha no, although she will get me the first part too so I can't complain (and I don't think I would have played it at all without her getting it so there's that too)
She also got me spiderman and other games I've enjoyed too

Game was still fun doing it that way. I can play part 1 as a prequel now :lol:

Norris

They sort of nailed The Witcher though. It helped that Cavill was a massive fan of the book and game, but the casting was with the characters in the book in mind. There was some furore over Yennefer's casting, but I can't imagine anyone playing her now.

Sylar

They sort of nailed The Witcher though. It helped that Cavill was a massive fan of the book and game, but the casting was with the characters in the book in mind. There was some furore over Yennefer's casting, but I can't imagine anyone playing her now.
That's fair,, I enjoyed s1
I mean they can still sorta butcher the remaining seasons and then this will be revisited haha

Sylar

How did you find the game and the characters after playing the second one first?
Fine, it was easy to understand with the flashback scenes and the cut scenes which explained the relationship and the motives behind Ellie, and even Abby (from her pov)

1 after 2 can easily be done as a prequel as I think the game was produced and written ei well

Yagami

Good post resistant
Boo.

Translate an actual good story telling video game into a TV show with Telltales The Walking Dead.

Superunknown

Fine, it was easy to understand with the flashback scenes and the cut scenes which explained the relationship and the motives behind Ellie, and even Abby (from her pov)

1 after 2 can easily be done as a prequel as I think the game was produced and written ei well
I just wondered if those key moments (no spoilers) still had any impact if you didn't get to witness the relationships between characters being built up in the first game.

What would be interesting for you to do is play 1 as a prequel and then play 2 again and see if that's changed at all. Quite curious to see what you think when you play 1. I loved both games and I'm looking forward to the tv adaptation.

Sylar

I just wondered if those key moments (no spoilers) still had any impact if you didn't get to witness the relationships between characters being built up in the first game.

What would be interesting for you to do is play 1 as a prequel and then play 2 again and see if that's changed at all. Quite curious to see what you think when you play 1. I loved both games and I'm looking forward to the tv adaptation.
Defo the plan once I return to uk. I loved game 2 and everybody says the story and game is better for 1. I'd like to see it it's aged given the time period I will play it

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Oh no, Nico Parker is from London. She's going to be asked to put on one of those grating fake Londeny-Dick Van Dyke accents like that actress from The Falcon and Winter Soldier series.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Sarah is only on screen for about 5 minutes but they packed a lot of personality into those 5 minutes and her death was heartbreaking.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I love how negative we all are! Maybe it’ll be alright! Who knows?