Television The Leftovers (TV Show)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Funny seeing places in Melbourne in the show. No way Hosier Lane would be that quiet :lol:

Jig1234

The best, most underrated series on TV. Each season just gets better. Deserves more respect.

OTT hype for shows like Stranger Things (Don't @ me I've seen every episode).
Stranger Things is overrated The OA is actually better.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I hope they don't go down the route of Kevin going mental again.

The Firestarter

So what about the
explosion that was mentioned? I think it's nuclear, As the paranoid guy in the airport was screaming about.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Episode six was incredible. Just when you think the show has peaked it delivers another masterpiece of an episode.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The best episode of the season? Has to be.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just caught up with the last couple of episodes.

Typical Leftovers fashion that I'm still pondering why the doctors refused Nora after asking her about the two babies, and what the "I'm 91 and having a son" thing was about. Oh, it was a song.

DWelbz19

Episode 6 was fecking great. Easily the best of the season so far.

jem

I'm 3 episodes into the current season, and this show is reaching some pretty rarefied air, and by that I mean Sopranos/Wire levels of excellence. One of the best, most moving things I've ever seen (with the best soundtrack of any show ever.)

jungledrums

I'm 3 episodes into the current season, and this show is reaching some pretty rarefied air, and by that I mean Sopranos/Wire levels of excellence. One of the best, most moving things I've ever seen (with the best soundtrack of any show ever.)
That is very high praise indeed!

DWelbz19

I think it has been up there for portions. The last 5 episodes of Season 2 were incredibly high standard.

I've also only just realised we only have 2 episodes left! :(

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
last night watched episode 1 of season 2...

WTF!!! for a moment i thought i had the wrong torrent! a completely different show...
i hope it gets back on track on episode 2

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I have really enjoyed all 3 series of this show but my fear is that they will feck up the ending. How can you end this is any sort of satisfying way?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The use of music in this show, particularly this season, is fecking incredible.

I do miss the season 2 intro, though.
I hate all of the intros in all 3 seasons. The graphics are irritating and they have never nailed the intro music - ranging from ho hum to appallingly wrong choices. Shame as the rest of the show is top notch.

True Detective showed how to do good titles with music that work together.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Ok, ill trust you.

PS. A Tv Series of a family of cave men would be fecking epic. Kinda enjoyed the story of that mother at the beginning... :p
Series 2 isn't bound by the novel, so they take more chances and it becomes much crazier as a result. When you get to the end I'm fairly sure you'll look back on it being one of the best series of anything you've ever seen. It's brilliant.

Eckers99

Episode 6 of series 3 was one of the most emotional episodes of the whole show. Superb. I got some dust in my eye towards the end which might've given the impression that I was hopelessly blubbing. Wasn't though.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I hate all of the intros in all 3 seasons. The graphics are irritating and they have never nailed the intro music - ranging from ho hum to appallingly wrong choices. Shame as the rest of the show is top notch.

Season 1 intro was fairly boring but I thought the 'Let The Mystery Be' intro was a pretty idiosyncratic and inspired choice, took a while for it to grow on me but I love it now.

I like how the intro songs in season 3 relate to the episodes.

kps88

Season 1 being patchy and the show only running three seasons stops it from being in The Wire territory for me. If we're just judging individual seasons though, 2 and 3 (so far) are right up there with anything The Wire has done.

nimic

something nice
Scout

I haven't liked the intro music for this season, and the first season intro was a bit boring. For some reason, though, the second season intro really grew on me.

DWelbz19

I have really enjoyed all 3 series of this show but my fear is that they will feck up the ending. How can you end this is any sort of satisfying way?
You sort of don't, really. I imagine it'll be a lot less polarising than Lost, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it being divisive in this thread.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I haven't liked the intro music for this season, and the first season intro was a bit boring. For some reason, though, the second season intro really grew on me.
Season 2 titles music as OK and with better titles may have been very good.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Episode 6 of series 3 was one of the most emotional episodes of the whole show. Superb. I got some dust in my eye towards the end which might've given the impression that I was hopelessly blubbing. Wasn't though.
That whole scene when Nora tells that story of Usher is incredible.

Eckers99

That whole scene when Nora tells that story of Usher is incredible.
Yeah, that was great. Was full of superb moments - and all down to the quality of writing and acting.

jem

This current season is up there with the best seasons I've ever seen (Season 4 of The Wire, Season 1 of The Sopranos, Season 4 of Breaking Bad, even Season 2 of The Leftovers.) It's just an incredibly powerful show, one that allows you to examine your own feelings of loss and grief (divorce, death of loved ones: in their own way, these things can feel like sudden departures, things that you revisit over and over again, wondering how they happened and what you could have done differently, and how you can somehow take control of your emotional reaction post-even, however futile that may in fact be. I've lost count of the number of times part of me wants to watch the beach ball be passed around among the crowd, while the other, seemingly more rational, half reaches out to deflate it.)

I think it's almost miraculous how the supernatural element that initially provides the foundation for the show (ie. the Sudden Departure,) can feel so beside the point at times.

Sb_16

Just 1 more episode left. Its ending a season too soon at least.