Television The Leftovers (TV Show)

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Anyone watched this yet? I'm part way through the first episode now and it's pretty good so far.

Does anyone know what the piece of piano music is that keeps playing throughout?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anyone caught the latest episode?

Absolutely amazing.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hadn't heard about it until today. Ratings aren't amazing, but it sounds interesting and airs on HBO. Worth a watch?
Only three episodes in but I think so. The storyline is good but it's more character oriented.

Cina

I enjoyed the first, and thought the second was awful. Glad to hear the third is better.

Ekeke

This is so weird. But in a sort of good way. I expect when they reveal what the hell is going on with the people in white it'll be a let down

Cina

HBO + Damon Lindelof? I'm conflicted.
You should be, because it's very hit and miss. The great production values you'd expect from a HBO show mixed with the annoyances and overly sentimental shite of Lindelof, and yes, it's quite like Lost in terms of "you know around 10% of the plot and we slowly unravel it", although it seems they know where they're actually going with this one.

Cina

The newest episode was superb. The two that have focused on specific characters have been great, the rest have been largely average/poor/depressing.

Seveneric

^I agree. The eps with the priest and this woman have been the best so far- though the episode before this one was pretty good. I enjoyed the gruesomeness of the opening scene.

Having never watched a show similar to this(didn't follow Lost, I heard they're similar shows), am I barking up the wrong tree in hoping it'll all start to tie together and connect anytime soon? While the show isn't bad, it just seems like a collection of random events rn. I was hoping there'd be more focus on finding out what could have caused the event.

Ekeke

I thought they were all good, but agree that the most recent episode was fantastic stuff.

Thats what we just dont know. We dont know we'll get answers soon, we dont know if the answers will be any good.

Still, cant wait for the next

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Thought I had seen an interview with one of the creators where he indicated that why the event happened is not important to the story only that it happened and the story will be about the people still around and how they deal with the event. Hence the title "The Leftovers."

Might be wrong though.

Ekeke

So interesting and strange. So far I'd give it about 8.5/10 with the prospect of turning into 2/10 when they actually reveal more than about 25% of the plot.

Also Max Richter - Twins (the piano music they keep using) is out of this world

Deleted member 78215

I hope this is transcendent rather than extraterrestrial.

Jev

I thought the pilot was a complete drag, just bleakness and weirdness for the sake of it, extremely pretentious. Has it improved since, or will I continue not liking it if I didn't enjoy the pilot? I'm one of those who still loved Lost even after 'The End'.

Deleted member 78215

It isn't as pretentious as it could have been, that's for sure.

It's different. Definitely worth a watch.

Ekeke

Its strange and miserable. But its so interesting I can't wait for the next episode.

I dont understand the pretentious comment. You don't think you'd notice if a bunch of people all went missing at the same time?

Cina

The newest episode was amazing.

So far the show has been; three amazing episodes (Nora, Reverend, this one), two average ones (first episode and eighth episode), and the rest were poor.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Just watched the pilot. Worth sticking with?

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Is this any good? Only airing in the UK now.

Cina

Just watched the pilot. Worth sticking with?
Is this any good? Only airing in the UK now.
It's hit and miss. Great production values and acting, as you'd expect from a HBO show, but some episodes really fail to deliver.

There's ten episodes, three amazing ones, two or three very good ones, and three or four poor ones.

I'd say give it a go and stick with it until episode three, which is one of the amazing ones. If you don't like that, don't bother.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thanks, got the pilot on record for tomorrow's repeat and then will try to catch the 3rd episode.

GBBQ

Watched the pilot. Not sure what to make of it. Just don't think there's ever going to be a sufficient explanation as to why people just vanished or why people dress in white, don't speak and smoke like feck.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I hated the woman's screaming voice in the trailer/advert so don't want to watch it.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone persisted with this? I have and its fair to say I'm confused as fruck. Probably a state they want me to be in before the 'reveal' whatever that will be. There's always a reveal obviously.

Prediction and programme spoilers below if you haven't seen all the episodes
My purgatory assumption has been set aside because that sounds too obvious. Wayne's two oriental babies will probably be a destroyer and saviour of the planet. Or something.

Cina

Anyone persisted with this? I have and its fair to say I'm confused as fruck. Probably a state they want me to be in before the 'reveal' whatever that will be. There's always a reveal obviously.

Prediction and programme spoilers below if you haven't seen all the episodes
My purgatory assumption has been set aside because that sounds too obvious. Wayne's two oriental babies will probably be a destroyer and saviour of the planet. Or something.
It's good, stick with it. The last two episodes are top notch and help explain things. It's a show largely based around religious themes so naturally there'll be a bit of mystery, hidden stuff and confusion along the way.

Regarding the spoiler
the writers have already stated they won't be explaining what happened. The story is about how people deal with the results of it, not the mystery of the event itself

GloryHunter07

I think i read about this - haven't the makers said that the show isnt really about what happened, more about how people have become since?

vanthaman

Winner
Sounds like LOST again, which was shit.
Lost was not shit, far from it

The problem with this is thst hardly any stories carried on over more than one episode and not a single thing was explained

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Series finale on next Tuesday, where we should get some tangible reveals at last. If you haven't seen the series up to now you'll probably still get the premise.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
F**k me that was a crap series finale. Probably the worst in any series finales I've seen. Revealed nothing, still concentrating on how people are re-acting to the 'situation'. Who fcking gives a shit anymore? Just tell us, or give us a hint of what's going down morons!

I'd recommend this series even less than Revolution (which I'm also watching, what a sucker). I'll keep you abreast if its worth jumping into in season 2 - highly doubt it now.