Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I’m in the middle of it. I definitely find it very easy to get lost in which is something I love in a game but there’s something missing for me to be a special experience. Will come back on full thoughts / conclusion once I completed it.
The fact it doesn't have a proper narrative and path. As a spectacle and achievement it's up there as one of the best of all time, the world is definitely the most consistent and well designed ever as everything works as it's supposed to and it's up to the player to use it. But as a "game" it lacks cohesion. And also dungeons.

It's very much a game that depends on the gamer and their imagination/desire to use the game for what it is. If you miss all the little magic touches and creativity, then it will drop some points there for sure. Which is why it's so odd how rabid people have got elsewhere when someone dares to claim it's not perfect.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The fact it doesn't have a proper narrative and path. As a spectacle and achievement it's up there as one of the best of all time, the world is definitely the most consistent and well designed ever as everything works as it's supposed to and it's up to the player to use it. But as a "game" it lacks cohesion. And also dungeons.

It's very much a game that depends on the gamer and their imagination/desire to use the game for what it is. If you miss all the little magic touches and creativity, then it will drop some points there for sure. Which is why it's so odd how rabid people have got elsewhere when someone dares to claim it's not perfect.
Actually I love games that don’t define necessarily have a singular path or at least let you chart your way through the overarching objective. For me Outer Wilds (and it’s DLC) is one of the greatest games ever made - in my top 3 - and it just lets you experience the world, it’s systems and piece things together. But I think the difference is as you say that aside from the moment to moment little gameplay experiences that feel your own, there is a strong narrative thread to hook me in and grab me by the balls (even if it’s told in a non typical mode). That’s definitely one thing that feels missing in botw. Maybe also the combat seems just fine to me so far so isn’t making up for the narrative aspect (I don’t really bother with narrative in FS games but their gameplay is so darn good).

But like I said, I’ll draw a conclusion once I complete. I’m definitely really enjoying what it does offer as well - the freedom, the organic manner in which you engage with it etc

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Ps read some of the posts from back in 2017 when this game came out. My main takeaway is that this @fcbforever fella is a total cnut :lol: