Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I want to replay OOT soon but the thought of having to navigate through the water temple puts me off. I absolutely loathe that temple, and the final boss in it was shit too.

That said, I heard they did change a few things for the 3DS version to make it somewhat more bearable.
It's incredible is all I can say about the game, didn't expect it to be this good, the ghraphics on the 3ds are good as well, seen screenshots of the older version and the difference is huge.

Maxii

Paad
I didn't know where to put this so I'll leave it here.

BOTW was my first Zelda game and that got me exploring old Zelda games on my 3ds and Wii so I played both Oot (amazing game) and Wind Waker (also an amazing game) and I was wondering if there's a recommendation on which title to play next? I was thinking either Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask, or just go as far back as Link to the Past.
My favourites are a link to the past followed by majoras mask so I’d start there.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
On Waterblight Ganon.

Been playing in handhelh mode, with both controllers plugged in it tries making me play with the Joy Con Grip.

I don't want too. Has anyone experienced this issue ?

kps88

Has anyone replayed this? I get the feeling it won't be as good. A large part of the game was the exploration and discovering new things.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Has anyone replayed this? I get the feeling it won't be as good. A large part of the game was the exploration and discovering new things.
I tried, it's not the same, of course, fun to punt around in, but you can do that with your lategame save and have a lot more gear anyway.
Well I meant they haven't official said anything like "There's a sequel and this is what it's going to be like...".
Fair, that's true. I'm sure they said that there'd be a Zelda in 2019, but I think'd it'd be some smaller title, like a 2D adventure, or such.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I just found a new shrine for the first time in ages, feels so good :drool: Apparently I've only done 102 so far, so there's still 19 to go. No idea where they could be hiding :lol: I love that I'm still finding stuff with more still to come.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think I miss that part of my brain that enjoys Zelda games. I mean, I can see why it would appeal to people but it's just so boring.

I think it's me and not the game but meh.

ovoxo

I think I miss that part of my brain that enjoys Zelda games. I mean, I can see why it would appeal to people but it's just so boring.

I’m in the same boat. I really tried to get into it but I just didn’t enjoy it.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Just found a new town/village :confused::lol: I'm sure the game must gradaully introduce places that weren't there before, I'm not sure how I could have missed a whole place like that while playing for ~130 hours.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only got the switch a month ago and was waiting for my brother to be done with zelda so I can take it off him, so just started playing last night for a few hours. Feels like I barely did anything yet 2-3 hours just went by... feels great playing a new Zelda again though, even though it seems way different than any other one.

Side question, is the DLC worth getting? And if so, should I get it while I'm right at the start or is it not a big deal if I wait til later on in the game?

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It’s not you.

I can see why people enjoy playing it, but it does absolutely nothing for me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Think I'm gonna have to get a Switch when I start my new job. The Zelda nostalgia has suddenly become too strong a pull.

Ainu

As weird as this sounds, I think it took me around 50 hours for this game to properly click. Clearly, a game has to be doing something right just to hold my attention for 50 hours, but I wasn't completely blown away. Since then I've started enjoying it more and more though. I don't really know why. I'm about 70 hours in now and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface. It really is a remarkable game.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
As weird as this sounds, I think it took me around 50 hours for this game to properly click. Clearly, a game has to be doing something right just to hold my attention for 50 hours, but I wasn't completely blown away. Since then I've started enjoying it more and more though. I don't really know why. I'm about 70 hours in now and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface. It really is a remarkable game.
It does make sense. It's hard to explain, but the genius of the game is that you are given everything from the start and yet all through the game you still learn new things and see new sights. There have been bigger and more filled worlds, and far deeper individual gameplay systems, but rarely has there been a world so cohesive in how it works that you can try/find something new all throughout without it even needing to be a designed milestone.

caid

I'd rather they were working on a new game. I'll be playing BotW for years to come, keep throwing out new ones while they've got a great engine in place.