Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Just looking at some of the of the screenshots from the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time...really gives you a nostalgia kick.

I haven't bothered getting a handheld console for any of the DS games in recent years but might just get a 3DS when it gets out. Skyward Sword is being released later this year as well. :drool:

Surely there must be some other fans on here?

Rahul

Link to the Past was quite easily the greatest Zelda game ever made.

And the best game on the SNES.

Heres the whole game. For all those that have 1hr and 30 minutes free.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
I am probably going to get heckled for this as I have never really liked Ocarina of Time, I wasn't into RPGs back then but I tried playing it in the Autumn but because I have no nostalgia for it and it is now very dated I turned it off in half an afternoon.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Must have played more Zelda games than any other Series. This is the lot Ive played and in order of best -

Ocarina of Time
Link to The past
Majoras Mask
Twiglight Princess
The Legend of Zelda
Wind Waker
Links Awakening
The Minish Cap
The Adventure of Link

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Played only the link to the past, it was great at its time.

But there are several better during its time that makes Zelda pales into comparison, to name a few : Secret of Mana (SNES) - I really suggest you give it a try, it's a very great game with an equally great storyline, FFIV - when it was out it was like the game of the century at the time, and that's roughly the last of the SNES ERA, then comes along the RE, FFVII, and whole bunch of PSX classics.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Played and loved Secret of Mana and FF7 back in the day. I prefer Zelda though

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Must have played more Zelda games than any other Series. This is the lot Ive played and in order of best -

Ocarina of Time
Link to The past
Majoras Mask
Twiglight Princess
The Legend of Zelda
Wind Waker
Links Awakening
The Minish Cap
The Adventure of Link
That was the first Zelda game I played properly when it was new on the market from beginning to end, therefore I have an attraction to it going toward what many have for Ocarina of Time.

Lance Uppercut

A Link to the Past is my favourite, followed closely by OOT and Majora's Mask.

I'll probably buy OOT on the 3DS when it's out.
Same. I haven't played MM, though.

Anyone play Battle of Olympus on the NES? Very similar to The Adventure of Link, only better. Great game.

kps88

I have a real soft spot for Wind Walker. Only downside is its too easy.

MacMUFC

Does anyone know if i'll be able to download Majora's Mask on the 3DS?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
ATM we only know that Gameboy and Gameboy Color games will be available on the 3DS Virtual Console. Maybe in the future, but who knows for now.

Member 39557

I never played Ocarina Of Time. I had an N64, but didn't bother buying Zelda. I then had the Gamecube and played Wind Waker which had a version of Ocarina Of time with it, but I still didn't play it.

If I get a 3DS, I will finally play this rabidly hyped game!

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
A Link to the Past is my favourite, followed closely by OOT and Majora's Mask.

I'll probably buy OOT on the 3DS when it's out.
Mine too, and by a long chalk. Although my second favourite might be controversial in that it's Wind Waker. I didn't play Ocarina until after playing Wind Waker and i didn't think it was as good, i never actually completed Majora's mask but i've still got it for the gamecube so might finish it one day.

Link's awakening was another zelda game i loved, i remember playing it in the playground at middle school with a bunch of kids watching.

The series i've played the most would be Final Fantasy though, unless all the branches of Mario count cause he'd win by a mile.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I loved Ocarina and I got Majora's Mask with N64 back in early 2000s, remember it was a rarity back then and I sold it for $150+. Picked up the whole set (N64 and a few games, two Zeldas, Goldeneye, Mario or something) for less than $80 too so I not only got twice as much for a single game but managed to keep the system along with a few classics. I used to be good at those deals when I was young, I bought a Dreamcast and PlayStation from a friend who needed money to buy something else, offered him $70 and he gladly accepted, sold PlayStation for $120 to another friend a few days later and got to keep Dreamcast. :keano:

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I am probably going to get heckled for this as I have never really liked Ocarina of Time, I wasn't into RPGs back then but I tried playing it in the Autumn but because I have no nostalgia for it and it is now very dated I turned it off in half an afternoon.

Woodzy

Orcarina of Time and Link to the Past are easily my favourites.

Although there's something about Majoras Mask that none of the other games have. The part where you have to save the girl from invading aliens or whatever. I failed, and everybody was heartbroken the next day. I genuinely felt bad.

Sarni

DS/3DS is for girls. PSP2 is where its at.
3DS is cool, PSP2 is basically a portable PS3, can't see how that would be exciting unless you travel so much you need it. There's certainly absolutely no point in playing that at home.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
3DS is cool, PSP2 is basically a portable PS3, can't see how that would be exciting unless you travel so much you need it. There's certainly absolutely no point in playing that at home.
There is when you have a mrs like mine that hogs the main tv with all her fecking soaps.

Scholesgoals

great series of games

ocarina of time was so good when it came out, its probably a little dated now but at the time it was incredible, the whole story line was great, and it was cool with the sword!

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
The first RPG I played beginning to end was Knights of the Old Republic, therefore that set the standard in my mind what an RPG must be and anything before that is 'prehistoric' so to speak.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Ocarina of time is still to this day the finest and bestest of the best videogames I've ever played, and I include Oblivion in this.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
It is close enough to equate to being one for people who at the time didn't like RPGs.
It's more of a Action/Adventure game. I didn't like RPG's at the time either.

great series of games

ocarina of time was so good when it came out, its probably a little dated now but at the time it was incredible, the whole story line was great, and it was cool with the sword!
Dated how?? The graphics are obviously not of today's standard but it's still a brilliant game. Playing OOT when it was new was an experience that hasn't really been topped since in video gaming. People who played it afterwards really missed out on something.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
What do you think of Wind Waker Nilsson? I hated how repetitive it got in the second half, I've heard they scrapped a good few dungeons because they were rushing towards a deadline. Annoying when you consider how they pushed OoT's deadline back to make sure it was perfect.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
What do you think of Wind Waker Nilsson? I hated how repetitive it got in the second half, I've heard they scrapped a good few dungeons because they were rushing towards a deadline. Annoying when you consider how they pushed OoT's deadline back to make sure it was perfect.
I think it's great, probably my favourite post N64 Zelda. Was fun to play and the story was good. The vast sea and the constant sailing had both it's positives and negatives. It was a bit tedious sometimes like during the Triforce quest, but yeah I would have liked it to have been a bit more challenging.

Sarni

There is when you have a mrs like mine that hogs the main tv with all her fecking soaps.
Buy another TV and stick it in a bedroom as I've done. PS3 is far better than any handheld.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
I think it's great, probably my favourite post N64 Zelda. Was fun to play and the story was good. The vast sea and the constant sailing had both it's positives and negatives. It was a bit tedious sometimes like during the Triforce quest, but yeah I would have liked it to have been a bit more challenging.
It also has too much Tingle.

RedLars

Surely there must be some other fans on here?
Fact: I started the most popular Legend of Zelda fansite on the web - Zelda Universe.

No lie, sold it back in 2005. By then it was already above and beyond the most popular one, though.

Ocarina of Time is my all time favourite game, I think. Can't really decide between that and Majora's Mask, with The Wind Waker (if collecting the Triforce Shards quest had been proper dungeons instead, as originally planned, it would have been the best) and A Link to the Past coming in close behind.

Don't think I'll be getting a 3DS though, but I'm really looking forward to Skyward Sword, which I have high hopes for! I think it'll make up for Twilight Princes, which was a bit of a let-down for me.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Buy another TV and stick it in a bedroom as I've done. PS3 is far better than any handheld.
I have another HD tv mate. I just can't be bothered to keep transporting the PS3 from room to room. The one downstairs has full 5.1 surround and is 46" so is better compared to the 32" upstairs. Ignore me mate I'm just being whingey haha.

RedLars

Wow :D

How come you sold it?
Well, to make a long story short: Running it more or less by myself was pretty much a full time job and then some, and I was about to start uni. And I got what I at the time thought to be a pretty good offer as well.

Two years later it was sold again for three times as much though!