The Longstaff brothers

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Which one was United after? The one that scored the goal?

AshRK

The way we are playing even lee catermole would look like peak paul scholes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was inevitable that ginger one would score, first game and all!

Adnan

Talent Spotter

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Newcastle might have the Longstaffs but we can just as well field two massive dicks in our central midfield.

stepic

imagine the wanking on here if they’d come through our academy

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Sean's clearly got some talent but I couldn't tell you where he might eventually wind up in terms of capabilities. Matty needs more playing time but looks promising.

Matty getting a goal on his debut start is going to be one of the few bright spots of the season for us though, not going to lie, so I'm currently loving it. Over the moon having local talent come through that's actually capable of holding their own in the league.

POF

I didn't think either of them were particularly impressive. Backs to the wall terrier like performance by both. Nothing that indicated either were destined for playing at a higher level.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Be curious to see how they fare against an actual midfield when we play them coming out of the international break.

always_hoping

When i seen the Newcastle team sheet today i thought it was an error with Longstaff named twice. Never heard of Matty Longstaff before today and he ended up scoring the winner, you really can't make this shit up.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
The next Scholes
I watched the game and thought I was watching a young Paul Scholes.

His passing, the way he struck the goal and his tenacity were all similar, but his stature and the way he holds himself was almost identical too!

It will be interesting to see if he can push on from a magnificent debut. If he does, United should be looking at both brothers.

Dozer

Newcastle certainly aren't short staffed on Longstaffs

GBBQ

I watched the game and thought I was watching a young Paul Scholes.

His passing, the way he struck the goal and his tenacity were all similar, but his stature and the way he holds himself was almost identical too!

It will be interesting to see if he can push on from a magnificent debut. If he does, United should be looking at both brothers.
Would he be willing to drop down to the Championship? Shouldn't we wait and see how does against decent opposition? etc. etc.

Seriously though he looked good, got about a bit and wasn't overawed by the occasion. Reminded me of Rooney bursting on to the scene but will be interesting to see if he can keep it going.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We have our own, Luis Longstaff, coming through the ranks. 18-year-old winger. Really hope he makes it with a name like that.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Be curious to see how they fare against an actual midfield when we play them coming out of the international break.
Thing is this isn't even WUM! I'm curious to see how Matty does against, well, an actual midfield, too! Not even by Chelsea standards - just any other midfield in the league.

norm87cro

I know we're shit but honestly I'm just soooooooo tired of these average british midfielders in underwhelming teams like West Ham, Newcastle and Crystal Palace raising their game solely against Manchester United. I'm even more tired of them getting a thread of their own as if they are an option for this club.

Mark Pawelek

I know we're shit but honestly I'm just soooooooo tired of these average british midfielders in underwhelming teams like West Ham, Newcastle and Crystal Palace raising their game solely against Manchester United. I'm even more tired of them getting a thread of their own as if they are an option for this club.
I'm not sure they raise their game. I think our players lower their game.

Bulldog United

I'm not sure they raise their game. I think our players lower their game.
Yes there’s been very few defeats where I looked at the opposition and thought ‘game raising c#%!s’. Yesterday was all-round dreadful from both teams. Ironically we conceded within the only 10 minute spell where we looked nearly half-decent, and that we might even potentially threaten the Newcastle goal. Once their goal went in, the towel quickly followed.