Television The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Some obvious issues aside, I quite enjoyed S1 and am not afraid to admit it. I am mildly optimistic that S2 will be the step up it needed. I can't imagine Amazon replacing the showrunners and wanting to risk another season with the volume of (justified or not) criticism S1 received.
I liked it too.

Although im a fairly easy audience - I like pretty much anything in that world. I am even forgiving of the Hobbit movies

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Anyway im looking forward to more "I AM GOOOOD" lines from Gandalf.
i think all characters should announce their characteristics and intentions during their first appearance in a show. would speed up watching poirot.

SuperiorXI

If they had included a full nudity hbo like sex scene between Galadriel and Sauron all would be forgiven. Especially if he made his reveal in bed after sex whilst smoking a pibe of tobacco. Anyway im looking forward to more "I AM GOOOOD" lines from Gandalf.
I forget just how shit the writing was in this :lol: I recall also the "follow your nose" bit... very poor!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
i think all characters should announce their characteristics and intentions during their first appearance in a show. would speed up watching poirot.
Anakin Skywalker's first words - "I'm baaaaad"

Blood Mage

The first season had it's moments but overall it was sketchy, some of the acting and dialogue was atrocious. Season 2 needs to be much better, this is Tolkien for god's sake not medieval Hollyoaks.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Amazon are rumoured to have bought the rights to all or parts of The Silmarillion.

Rumour #2: Tom Bombadil will feature in RoP.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Amazon are rumoured to have bought the rights to all or parts of The Silmarillion.

Pretty sure that first part is bs or at least no different to the arrangement for S1, where they could license very small specific parts (eg I think "Armenelos" is never mentioned in LotR or its appendices, so would've been outside the scope of the original rights deal).

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Pretty sure that first part is bs or at least no different to the arrangement for S1, where they could license very small specific parts (eg I think "Armenelos" is never mentioned in LotR or its appendices, so would've been outside the scope of the original rights deal).
The rumour appears to have circulated in January this year. I agree, it's likely BS, as you'd expect them to have shouted it from the treetops if it happened.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

I look forward to Luthien finding Mairon trapped in a tower screaming for help, saving him, developing a love triangle between him and Beren, and then surprise that Mairon is actually Sauron. Revealed in full nudity. Including Luthien of coruse. Luthien's huge dog barges in through the door whilst everyone is naked. Sauron turns himself into the biggest dog in Arda. The most epic dogfight in middle earth ensues ..

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I look forward to Luthien finding Mairon trapped in a tower screaming for help, saving him, developing a love triangle between him and Beren, and then surprise that Mairon is actually Sauron. Revealed in full nudity. Including Luthien of coruse.
Don't forget the 5-second scene of Feanor creating the silmarils.

Gehrman

Don't forget the 5-second scene of Feanor creating the silmarils.
And his speech that sparks off the entire story. "Melkor is a very bad man. I name him Morgoth. That's all i had to say.".

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Lets hear an episode synopsis then
“i’m ba-aa-aa-ad!” echoes around mordor. we cut to the interior, a naked orc wearing a galadriel wig covers its modesty with a bed sheet as it shuffles out of the bedroom. the shot is from the rear. ee see a white hand print on both the orc’s cheeks.

sauron lays sated on the bed. “i will trick some elves today.” he says, then does some magic and dabs

unskippable 45 second ad.

rings of power intro

“previously on rings of power” “i’m ba-aa-aa-ad!” white hand prints on both cheeks. dab.

fade to black.

we cut to the hobbits that aren’t hobbits. they’re doing hobbity things.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The rumour appears to have circulated in January this year. I agree, it's likely BS, as you'd expect them to have shouted it from the treetops if it happened.
Yeah, if it's anything it'll be something like they're allowed to say "Annatar". Tbh they didn't even do a good job on first stage stuff even within the rights they have.

Gehrman

The canon speech actually begins “Melkor is…not GOOD!”
Well there are several versions. The book of tales version
Melkor is....Baaaaaaaaaad!!
‘Why, O my people, why should we longer serve these jealous gods, who cannot keep us, nor their own realm even, secure from their Enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengeance calls me hence, but even were it otherwise, I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father’s slayer and the thief of my treasure. Yet I am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your king? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the jealous mountains and the harvestless Sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless for ever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the salt thankless Sea? Or shall we go home? In Cuiviénen sweet ran the waters under unclouded stars, and wide lands lay about where a free folk might walk. There they lie still and await us who in our folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city. But by the blood of Finwë! unless I dote, if the cowards only remain, then grass will grow in the streets. Nay, rot, mildew, and toadstool.’

‘Fair shall the end be, though long and hard shall be the road! Say farewell to bondage! But say farewell also to ease! Say farewell to the weak! Say farewell to your treasures — more still shall we make! Journey light. But bring with you your swords! For we will go further than Tauros, endure longer than Tulkas: we will never turn back from pursuit. After Morgoth to the ends of the Earth! War shall he have and hatred undying. But when we have conquered and have regained the Silmarils that he stole, then behold! We, we alone, shall be the lords of the unsullied Light, and masters of the bliss and the beauty of Arda! No other race shall oust us!’