The Make A Fecking Sub ETH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

So frustrating to watch him lose us the game with his in-game management after doing so well to get back in it. It's either stubbornness or stupidity, but he needs to sort it out.

Malone_Post

He’s had an awful 3 days with his tactics & substitutions. Just awful. Really hope it’s a blip and nothing more then that.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
How have we not made any yet? :lol:

Idxomer

Not taking Ronaldo off in this game is all you need to know that we're writing another season off because of this cnut.

paulscholes18

Only so many times you can make negative changes Vs teams you should be beating comfortably until it comes back to bite you on the ass.

lsd

The Oracle
Such a strange substitution bringing on McTominey for Elanga. Now does he take off Casemiro which would weaken us more

El Zoido

Should have brought Garnacho on for Elanga, keep up the threat. Not sure why McT was brought on.

We need an rvn

McT came on for elanga and most likely a tactical change and a few minutes later Garnacho came on for martial who has done feck all moving rashford as a striker

with 2 keepers, maguire on the bench, his hands are tied

some of the comments are a bit harsh

acnumber9

Stop bringing McTominay for fecks sake. Makes us considerably worse every fecking time.

The United

His first option of subs and formation changing in second halves of the games are weird. I am not exactly sure what he tried to do sometimes.

Most of all these 2nd half goals or comebacks happened after he put attacking sub like today or just raised the tempo with our normal playing pattern like in Villa game. So the question is that why he didn't try to keep the tempo in second half instead of trying (seemingly) to close out or control the midfield with weird sub and formation?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am starting to be worried about his subs now. Yes, Garnacho scored and it was good sub but why is he keep trying with McT (and putting Bruno on the right)?
We go in defence mode after that sub every time and lose any possession.

The United

I am starting to be worried about his subs now. Yes, Garnacho scored and it was good sub but why is he keep trying with McT (and putting Bruno on the right)?
We go in defence mode after that sub every time and lose any possession.
It almost reminds me of how Jose used to do it (going ultra defense mode) in second halves of the games and still lost in most of those games.

RedOrange

Reading this thread is like hearing the inner thoughts of a small child who is angry that their parents won't buy them a toy that they can't afford and doesn't exist.

Judas

Open to offers
He's doing what he can with the players he has. Mctominay had chances to win it, and didn't. He brought Garnacho on, and we won. We're under strength and look tired already.

Dominos

He started the trend of packing the team with midfielders against Southampton/Leicester early on in the season and I hate it more every time it happens. I've yet to see us actually improve after we've made these subs.

Team balance is more important than just mindlessly subbing off one of your weaker players and then having players out of position instead.

The United

He's doing what he can with the players he has. Mctominay had chances to win it, and didn't. He brought Garnacho on, and we won. We're under strength and look tired already.
I don't think the options he has right now are great for subbing.

But what concerns me more is the mindset for the second half. It is more like "keep it tight and close it out" while losing all the tempo and giving us total opposite effects on the pitch most of the time. Why can't we at least keep our tempo high for awhile longer? Of course, I'm hoping it has more to do with a lack of bench options than with his primary second-half tactic.

cyberman

His subs have scored a ridiculous amount of goals when he brings them on

Status
Not open for further replies.