The Make A Fecking Sub ETH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedOrange

Fred's performance in the first half of this Leeds shows why Eriksen and Casemiro start so many matches and why Casemiro isn't subbed off. Fred is constantly out of position in defence and even when he isn't he's easily dribbled around.

arnie_ni

Fred's performance in the first half of this Leeds shows why Eriksen and Casemiro start so many matches and why Casemiro isn't subbed off. Fred is constantly out of position in defence and even when he isn't he's easily dribbled around.
Have no idea why he sold himself on that goal. What did he see there

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not sure id take Garnacho off, he’s missed a couple but at least he’s lively. We’ve other areas to address imo.

Kag

Correct.

AndySmith1990

Maybe those who constantly bloody moan about lack of rotation will start to understand why. The squad players are crap. Eriksen and Casemiro are the heartbeat of the team

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Not even a sub, could literally just switch Garnacho and Rashford around for a bit. It's fecking blindingly obvious that they're happy to give Garnacho space so that we give him the ball and then just back themselves to nick it off him.

NLunited

Hag will make adjustments, so far we let ourselves down.

Make some changes around 60“.

lsd

The Oracle
Fred just has an amazing talent of never being able to pass to another United player.

PoTMS

Sends the same team out when Weghorst has done nothing and Garnacho has been running into players all game.

Rajma

Should have made changes during half time, becoming worrisome his total lack of ability to react to early warnings

luck&neat

More goals from the bench than any other team in the league this season.

Make of that what you may.

We need an rvn

Should have made changes during half time, becoming worrisome his total lack of ability to react to early warnings
I trust his instincts and knowledge over any of ours given his qualifications and the facts he’s managed Ajax and now us.

15 minutes after half time to implement a change with the current squad and if that doesn’t want them change. A lot of managers do that

Skills

Snitch
I trust his instincts and knowledge over any of ours given his qualifications and the facts he’s managed Ajax and now us.

15 minutes after half time to implement a change with the current squad and if that doesn’t want them change. A lot of managers do that
I don't think internet forums are for you

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
More goals from the bench than any other team in the league this season.

Make of that what you may.
Yeah and maybe that's why he should trust his bench more? Starting XI was utter shite so the fact that those XI were allowed to continue after the break, continued to be shite and conceded again, that's totally on the manager.

Make those two changes at HT and we win that game comfortably.

Keanes Magic Hat

Yeah and maybe that's why he should trust his bench more? Starting XI was utter shite so the fact that those XI were allowed to continue after the break, continued to be shite and conceded again, that's totally on the manager.

Utter shite? How many different players would you have started?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Or we make the changes at HT, still concede just after the break and heads drop.

Bringing Sancho on when he did lifted the crowd a players a level. Obviously neither of us know how it would have gone had the changes been made at HT, but what we do know is it was going wrong and we rescued a point due to the subs ETH made.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Utter shite? How many different players would you have started?
I would’ve probably started the same team. What’s that got to do with anything? I’m not talking about the selection of the starting XI but the fact that they performed poorly and changes were needed at HT.

Keanes Magic Hat

I would’ve probably started the same team. What’s that got to do with anything? I’m not talking about the selection of the starting XI but the fact that they performed poorly and changes were needed at HT.
I see, I read it that he put out a weak team and like yourself I would have started the same so was surprised. My bad.

AndySmith1990

Starting Rashford out of position is a bit weird. Not sure what his thinking is there. Probably would have taken Garnacho off at HF. I won't criticise his decision to keep Fred on because the only other option is the tragic footballer known as McTominay

Roboc7

Should have made changes at half time but with gaps we have and lack of quality it is a going to be a tough run until the end of the season.

Damage limitation until Casemiro comes back and then need to work out our best combination up front and hope they stay fit.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’d have switched Garnacho and Rashford after about 20 minutes. I can’t understand why he didn’t try that.

I’d rather see Maguire up front than the absolute donkey that we had up there again tonight. Weghorst is nowhere near PL quality.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Don't know about subs but why are we starting the most in form forward in Europe completely out of position in order to facilitate a teenager and a Burnley loanee?

I mean nothing against either Garnacho or Weghorst but you wouldn't shove Casemiro to fullback to make room for a championship midfielder and someone from your U23 side, so why are we doing this with our forwards? I was baffled by it

And It took 53 minutes to change it and we were losing for 52 of them.

Keanes Magic Hat

Don't know about subs but why are we starting the most in form forward in Europe completely out of position in order to facilitate a teenager and a Burnley loanee?

I mean nothing against either Garnacho or Weghorst but you wouldn't shove Casemiro to fullback to make room for a championship midfielder and someone from your U23 side, so why are we doing this with our forwards? I was baffled by it

And It took 53 minutes to change it and we were losing for 52 of them.
I did think Rashford is better coming off the left than a center forward as he doesn't hold up the ball but with sancho back know now agree pushing him to center forward unless martial is fit

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I did think Rashford is better coming off the left than a center forward as he doesn't hold up the ball but with sancho back know now agree pushing him to center forward unless martial is fit
He just shouldn't be on the right unless we have a world class striker and world class left winger playing in his place.

Weghorst and Garnacho have 3 United goals between them, and that was two thirds of our attack, with the other third being a self nullified Rashford. I'm still at a loss to what the thinking was and why it took until after half time to do anything about it.

Sancho on the right if Rashford is through the middle is less dumb but as you said Rashford is best from the left and has been one of the best forwards in Europe this season, so really at present at least, other players need to be shifted around to facilitate his strengths, not the other way around.

croadyman

Starting Rashford out of position is a bit weird. Not sure what his thinking is there. Probably would have taken Garnacho off at HF. I won't criticise his decision to keep Fred on because the only other option is the tragic footballer known as McTominay
Yeah that decision was bewildering and shouldn't have happened even though we had no Antony available to play on RW

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Please take off weghorst he offers nothing.

Take him off put rashford centre and we might start creating some chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.