The Make A Fecking Sub Ole Thread

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Actually just ask Ronaldo or Bruno next time. fecking hell

Dyslexic Untied

No plan or shape with anything arter the red card. Just started making changes to see if anything came off.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I liked his subs. I'd rather have seen Greenwood instead of Lingard, or Martial come on earlier but his subs made sense.

To think they didn't because of what happened (:() is just results based analysis.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've counted our shite performances, parking results here.

We were atrocious v wolves, not good against Southampton and atrocious today.

It's a bit of a joke. We clearly aren't coached whatsoever it's so fecking obvious to see.

abkmufc92

He's fecking clueless at making subs, why take of Donny for a CB when he already brought on Dalot to cover for Wan Bissaka.

All he had to do was to tell Bruno to drop deeper and play from the right.

MrSingh2002

Sunday League managers are doing better in game management these days than Ole.

He truly is clueless about in game changes.

You can buy him a Ferrari and he'll still drive it like a Nissan.

::sonny::

He is always asking to phelan what to do, phelan is the real manager and who takes the real decisions

VanDeBank

Ma’am
How are his subs bad when both goals were a result of 2 individual player's mistakes? We looked very shaky after the red card. The switch to 5 at the back worked out. Dalot and Varane made sense.

Putting in a pacy guy like Lingard made sense to play on the break. My preference would have been Greenwood though, but I get the sub. Matic did well when he came on, I don't have a problem with that. He's fine defensively when we play compact.

I'd personally have put Martial on earlier. His hold up could've been useful in giving us some breathing room.

It's silly to criticize his subs because the result was a loss. They're not directly related.

vanrooney

what exactly did ole wrong? the red was a gamechanger and the backpass from lingard was a one off. if its 1-1 everyone would have taken it with 10 men

UnitedFan93

We should be winning that even with 10 men.

Really poor tactics to go five at the back and leave 36 year old Ronaldo isolated upfront on his own.

UnitedFan93

what exactly did ole wrong? the red was a gamechanger and the backpass from lingard was a one off. if its 1-1 everyone would have taken it with 10 men
Acted like he's still managing Cardiff. Top teams with world class managers would've come away with 3 points even with 10 men.

reelworld

How are his subs bad when both goals were a result of 2 individual player's mistakes? We looked very shaky after the red card. The switch to 5 at the back worked out. Dalot and Varane made sense.

Putting in a pacy guy like Lingard made sense to play on the break. My preference would have been Greenwood though, but I get the sub. Matic did well when he came on, I don't have a problem with that. He's fine defensively when we play compact.

I'd personally have put Martial on earlier. His hold up could've been useful in giving us some breathing room.

It's silly to criticize his subs because the result was a loss. They're not directly related.
They weren't.
Both goals came after countless of attack to our goal. With amount of attack they pour on us, some of them bound to go in.
The switch to back 5 was stupid as it cede control of midfield to them even more. Either put Pogba back to midfield or replace him or Bruno with Matic at half time. Matic-Fred-VdB would let United gain some control as all three can win and keep the ball. And Fred wouldn't have to exhaust himself to the ground.
Also, Martial should never come on before Greenwood. Mason have been absolutely on fire this season, and if you need to replace Ronaldo, you put Mason in. His movement and pace would give them something else to think about.

LJJT

Made loads of subs today- all of them, most in good time to give the players coming on time to impact the game. Some people just spout rubbish to go along with the narrative. Bad day at the office today largely in part to AWB. Credit to young boys let’s hope they give the others a game too

Tony247

We were 1-0 up against a championship level team with half a billion pounds worth of talent at disposal and we couldn't even shut the shop.

First sub was like for like. That is where he should have subbed Pogba with Varane and drop Sancho as box to box midfielder, put lindelof as RB. Then sub Fred with Greenwood and play him and Ronaldo wide so that they both can stretch their defense. I thought dalot and Shaw will play WB but instead everyone dropped deep leaving Ronaldo alone. That was disastrous management.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
They weren't.
Both goals came after countless of attack to our goal. With amount of attack they pour on us, some of them bound to go in.

We were down to 10 men bud. In a CL away game. Jlingz didn't make a shit pass because our box was being bombarded, he made a shit pass because he brainfarted under pressure. How that is on Ole is beyond me.

The switch to back 5 was stupid as it cede control of midfield to them even more.

Except, we managed to defend nice and compact after half time. We were very exposed right after the red card.

Either put Pogba back to midfield or replace him or Bruno with Matic at half time. Matic-Fred-VdB would let United gain some control as all three can win and keep the ball. And Fred wouldn't have to exhaust himself to the ground.

I simply disagree, but either way, this can never be proven or disproven. I can look at the impact of the subs however and see our defensive shape was much better after Varane came in. Dalot did decent and was capable of covering the entire flank, much better than Sancho. Also we took out 2 of our weakest players with those subs.

Also, Martial should never come on before Greenwood. Mason have been absolutely on fire this season, and if you need to replace Ronaldo, you put Mason in. His movement and pace would give them something else to think about.

Yeah, I'd have rather seen Greenwood come on instead of Jlingz (for Ronnie). But Lingard's last minute brainfart is'nt on Ole, especially when everyone knows he always does quite decent defensively. Putting on fresh legs in midfield that can defend and is fast on the break is logical. Martial came on so late, his sub is irrelevant. His holdup play being so good is probably why he came on. Regardless, its silly to think Greenwood would somehow have made an impact with the 0 service he was getting because we were down to 10.

Made loads of subs today- all of them, most in good time to give the players coming on time to impact the game. Some people just spout rubbish to go along with the narrative. Bad day at the office today largely in part to AWB. Credit to young boys let’s hope they give the others a game too
Yes this. How people can make all these conclusions about our loss and ignore the main cause (US BEING DOWN TO 10) boggles the mind :houllier:

FreddieTheReddie

I honestly believe that Ole know more about football than I or most of the posters here, but I have no idea what was his plan with these subs today. Maybe someone could nicely explain?

So AWB was out, he subbed on Dalot as RB for an underperforming RW, I can understand this. Dalot can even play RW sometimes so I thougt this made sense. Then he changed his mind, put Varane on for vdB, that makes Lindelof RB, Dalot RW? Ok but why did he sub Dalot on in the first place then? Could’ve gone for Varane straight away. Than came Lingard and Maric for Ronaldo and Bruno? What was the reason behind this? Why didn’t he try Greenwood as RW instead? We played without any proper forward from that point.

vanrooney

Let's see if he can actually win a trophy before we start comparing him with SAF.
i didnt compare him to saf. you said that a good manager with a good team would have won even with 10. as saf, pep klopp and whoever lost points when down to 10 they are all shit if you are right. i only wanted to show how over the top the reaction is. it was a bad game but its not down to the manager when a player passes the ball to an oppo in the 95 and gift them the game for example. and also the red is not down to ole. until then we controlled the game

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Maybe he’s trying to be everybody’s mate, and by that I mean giving minutes to players regardless of what position they play, regardless of their strengths, regardless of the situation in the game, but literally just to give them some game time because he’s a nice guy like that. No ruthlessness, and this will be his undoing. This season has started okay but our fixtures have been favourable and we have yet to play anybody in the top half, and us having quite good attacking players has pulled us through.

UnitedFan93

i didnt compare him to saf. you said that a good manager with a good team would have won even with 10. as saf, pep klopp and whoever lost points when down to 10 they are all shit if you are right. i only wanted to show how over the top the reaction is. it was a bad game but its not down to the manager when a player passes the ball to an oppo in the 95 and gift them the game for example. and also the red is not down to ole. until then we controlled the game
Of course any team down to 10 men can lose a game. However, that's not my point. Good managers implement a style of play that allows them to manage games even with 10 men. I've seen City under Pep dominate possession even with 10 men. Look at how Tuchel got his Chelsea team to see out the 2nd half against Liverpool, they looked in complete control and were still creating chances.

Top managers are able to find balance in their teams even when going down to 10 men.Ole can't. We went far too defensive leaving Ronaldo isolated.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It wasn't so much the timing of the subs as what he did with them. He brought Fred off with 6 mins to go so he could play Lingard in midfield...makes sense to me.