The manager has lost the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvored

Platitudes and barren words

He missed out, "but I will never start him, or give him a good substitute session. Well maybe now I'm completely baffled I might start him, or I might keep McFred and Jesse hes nearly gone so should I play him and VDB.....Carricky what shall I do my head hurts"

Maticmaker

Never quite sure what people are referring to when they say "the manager has lost the players"?

Does it mean the players no longer have confidence/ believe in the manager's ideas?
Does it mean the players don't understand what the manager is trying to do... so did they ever understand?
Does it mean some players (and maybe some coaching staff) are 'sniping from behind cover' at the managers beliefs, spreading despondency and 'briefing' others, including the press about such matters, and he is unable to control it?
Does it mean the manager has allowed, and/ or is unable to stop 'cliques' forming within his staff and his players?
Does it mean the manager is too disciplined, or too undisciplined, in his approach/dealings with players (individually or collectively)?
Does it mean the players feel the manager is unable to, or lacks the experience to, manage 'upwards', i.e. with the board, owners etc.

If any one or two of the above apply then maybe with corrections the manager can survive, if they all apply, then he is 'blowing in the wind'.

Unfortunately I think Ole is dangerously close to a 'full house' of the above.

Lee565

His squad management is absolutely woeful, Mourinho got a ton of stick for freezing out fred but my god ole truly takes the biscuit, we almost have a first 11 made up of players that have been ignored by ole

SAFMUTD

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think Carrick benching Bruno for the game against Villarreal and then Ronaldo against Chelsea was an intent of retaking some power by the coaching staff.

cyril C

Never quite sure what people are referring to when they say "the manager has lost the players"?

Does it mean the players no longer have confidence/ believe in the manager's ideas?
Does it mean the players don't understand what the manager is trying to do... so did they ever understand?
Does it mean some players (and maybe some coaching staff) are 'sniping from behind cover' at the managers beliefs, spreading despondency and 'briefing' others, including the press about such matters, and he is unable to control it?
Does it mean the manager has allowed, and/ or is unable to stop 'cliques' forming within his staff and his players?
Does it mean the manager is too disciplined, or too undisciplined, in his approach/dealings with players (individually or collectively)?
Does it mean the players feel the manager is unable to, or lacks the experience to, manage 'upwards', i.e. with the board, owners etc.

If any one or two of the above apply then maybe with corrections the manager can survive, if they all apply, then he is 'blowing in the wind'.

Unfortunately I think Ole is dangerously close to a 'full house' of the above.
All of the above except the last point. Whether Ole can handle upstair is irrelevant (to players) once season starts, when summer recruitment finished.

Our MFs are lost with the new tactics, don't know what to do. Back 4 are either too inadequate or confused as the MFs. Bruno was either lost, or simply himself. Only DDG knows what to do.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I guess this can function as the new sack watch thread. Nice.

Daengophile

There was an odd comment from Rashford along the lines of players "are now able to give 110% now that Ole has gone"

What does that effectively mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.