The manager has lost the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There's no excuses to not put the same effort in as that second half all the time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Definitely hasn't lost the players. The problems are on the coaching side, not in terms of earning their support.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Downing tools is different to having lost faith in the manager. These players are obviously motivated to not get knocked out of the CL group stage.

Roboc7

Said at half time it reminded me of when we came back from two nil down against Newcastle. The players saved Jose that day and they saved Ole today but I don’t think in either case they are/were really behind the manager. At the end of the day the players don’t want to get knocked out and I think that’s probably more an inspiration than Ole.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There's no excuses to not put the same effort in as that second half all the time.
The excuse is obviously that it's unsustainable? But also that there's 2 teams on the football pitch, and Atalanta today shat themselves in the 2nd half and let us back in. It's not about effort. United work hard but we don't work smartly at all. I'll (almost) never criticize the work rate under Ole, even when we play like shit. We have no plan though, work rate has never been the issue.

GeniusIdiot

Exactly.

If Ole perpetually was in danger of being sacked, we would have been golden, but if hes not it seems the effort and intensity is just "meh"
Easy 6 month rolling contract and we'll be unbeaten until Ole retires :lol::lol::lol:

mu4c_20le

No doubt about it they are playing for Ole. Fantastic win
Of course they are. Ole never lost them. It's just that heads dropped when Leicester scored late and then killed the game.

sport2793

Downing tools is different to having lost faith in the manager. These players are obviously motivated to not get knocked out of the CL group stage.
Obviously, Zidane can't come and win the CL if we are out at the group stages now can he?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
AGAIN

How many times now have we seen Ole have the noose around his neck and we turn it around? This time in the space of a single half of football.

Why do we go from looking like a bunch of plonkers to looking like an actual team from one match to the other?

It boggles the mind
He’s just the luckiest man in football. There’s no denying it now

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Said at half time it reminded me of when we came back from two nil down against Newcastle. The players saved Jose that day and they saved Ole today but I don’t think in either case they are/were really behind the manager. At the end of the day the players don’t want to get knocked out and I think that’s probably more an inspiration than Ole.
Yeah, this was the Newcastle match.

Caliban

Ole will never loose the players (excluding the dutchman to secure myself). Never. That is silly talk that he would. People just see what they want to see, and make it the truth. If he can bring out the best in them is another question. Sometimes yes, other times no.

Blood Mage

They haven't downed tools obviously but I still say they no longer believe in him. They're fighting for their lives to avoid Europa League football again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Guys guys, remember what happened with Mourinho ? The team also had similar games with similar turnarounds and we know what happened in the end.
Let's not draw any conclusions

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He’s just the luckiest man in football. There’s no denying it now
Luck? Its the opposite of luck. Either you give it all or you dont. Its a question of effort and desire, not luck

The second half we really looked like we wanted to win, something we rarely have done so far this season, which is why the question was raised.

The thing is, we have to play this all the time, not just in short spurts

GazTheLegend

Luck? Its the opposite of luck. Either you give it all or you dont. Its a question of effort and desire, not luck

The second half we really looked like we wanted to win, something we rarely have done so far this season, which is why the question was raised.

The thing is, we have to play this all the time, not just in short spurts
Personally think we were good in the first half and unlucky to go in behind. Ole changed up and played a 4-2-4 with Greenwood right and Rashford left. The guy has got BALLS. At least if he's going down, he's going down fighting.

Shiva87

This was nothing like Newcastle. We went hail mary in that game.

Today, the goals came from players finding each other in spaces where they have been overhitting or underhitting passes. Rashford goal is clearly the transition goal that Ole loves, and the other two are good crosses with players in the box.

Mind boggling why we can't defend properly for 90 mins. On paper, we are a good defensive side. Ole needs to sort that out

Josep Dowling

There are so many parallels to Jose’s final season. Of course we will have a few good results along the way. Just delays the inevitable and likely ensures our season is being at greater risk of failure.

Ollie Derbyshire

The excuse is obviously that it's unsustainable? But also that there's 2 teams on the football pitch, and Atalanta today shat themselves in the 2nd half and let us back in. It's not about effort. United work hard but we don't work smartly at all. I'll (almost) never criticize the work rate under Ole, even when we play like shit. We have no plan though, work rate has never been the issue.
Have to disagree, the work rate and intensity is definitely something I’d cities Ole and the players for, and other teams play with high energy most games without an issue.

AFC NimbleThumb

Rarely agree but this is bang on. A more astute team see that out, infact give them 3 senior CBs & they’d have been better.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Guys guys, remember what happened with Mourinho ? The team also had similar games with similar turnarounds and we know what happened in the end.
Let's not draw any conclusions
I don't think Ole lost the players, they like him. But they're not playing for him either, they want to stay in the CL, which player doesn't? If this was in the league, can't see us coming back like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Have to disagree, the work rate and intensity is definitely something I’d cities Ole and the players for, and other teams play with high energy most games without an issue.
They play with organization and instructions. I doubt they work harder to have more intensity than we do under Ole. You don't have the amount of comebacks we do without a good collective attitude and work rate. The problem is there is no organization in the first place. Get a good system and a good level of intensity is sustainable. That 2nd half today is impossible to sustain, hell Atalanta themselves had loads of space to play during our lulls too.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Personally think we were good in the first half and unlucky to go in behind. Ole changed up and played a 4-2-4 with Greenwood right and Rashford left. The guy has got BALLS. At least if he's going down, he's going down fighting.
We were and i might have worded myself poorly, but the second half performance today vs the abject, casual shite we saw vs West Ham, Everton and particularly Leicester is night and day almost

Ollie Derbyshire

They play with organization and instructions. I doubt they work harder to have more intensity than we do under Ole. You don't have the amount of comebacks we do without a good collective attitude and work rate. The problem is there is no organization in the first place. Get a good system and a good level of intensity is sustainable. That 2nd half today is impossible to sustain, hell Atalanta themselves had loads of space to play during our lulls too.
Yeah of course we can’t play with exactly that level of intensity but their is no excuse for the abject performances we have had over the last few years, we’ve had more low energy performances than high in my opinion and that’s our biggest issue. The comebacks are required because of abject sluggish performances, they go hand in hand.

We need both more organisation and intensity.

Wilt

Agreed. No matter what they may think of the manager, no player worth his salt wants to go out of the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.