The manager has lost the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Andy

Bloke
This entire thread is bollocks. Nobody knows whether the players are with him or against him. You're all speculating both ways depending on your personal view of Ole.

Half saying that he's lost the players and Ole is lucky and the players just didn't want to get knocked out of the CL, the other half saying the players are playing for him.

Nobody knows.

Wilt

Who knows whether the players are for or against Ole? One thing‘s for sure, they all know (or should do by now) that Ole is not a top manager.

With the players we now have we should be strongly challenging the likes of City, Liverpool, Chelsea… the ball is in Ole’s court, if he wants to save his job he knows what he has to do.

::sonny::

Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, Henderson and Van de Beek will ask to leave in January

The reasons for Pogba are evident

For the others the problem is the game time

Ole promised game time, deceiving them, and for this he lost the lockeroom (and for being a nullity as a manger, obviously)

Also the others (Telles, Sancho, Bailly, Mata, Martial) are against him in my opinion

RetroStu

He'd lost them a while ago. That game when Donny spat at him and a couple of our playewrs were comforting Donny, well that shit doesnt happen wiehn players are behind a manager.

Drifter

American
He is just not up to it, but some still think there is a long-term plan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not a lack of effort. But surely they don't believe in what he wants them to do because how can you?

el3mel

A lot of players seem to don't want to play for him anymore and it's so fecking obvious. As I said last game, they were just playing for themselves.

It's not because they have bad relationship with him. No, it's clear that a lot of our players don't trust him or see as a leading figure anymore.

NK86

he hasn’t, I didn’t go to the game but I was expecting more boo’s at the full time whistle.
Half the crowd had left it seemed. The boos at half time were deafening. It's clear the crowd has turned. A humiliation by City (very very likely) will tip it over I feel.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, if they're not up for a game like today, clearly are not up for playing for this manager.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ask Donny and Eric about his man managment.

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly appeared to aim a thinly-veiled dig at his former boss Jose Mourinho by praising Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for his man-management style.

Solskjaer is clearly a popular figure with his squad, and speaking to ESPN Bailly said he believed the Norwegian's successful playing career has helped him as a manager.

"I would say like an uncle, and having someone like that in the club gives the players more strength."

Theres all sorts of questions to be asked about the tactical approach, but the man management has always been top notch.

arthurka

Half the crowd had left it seemed. The boos at half time were deafening. It's clear the crowd has turned. A humiliation by City (very very likely) will tip it over I feel.
He won't get past Tottenham

NK86

He won't get past Tottenham
I meant more in terms of the home support. Feel a new manager won't be thrown into the deep end. Ole will be kept till the international break and with us out of title contention, the manager will be tasked to being the top 4 trophy home.

redshaw

Similar to Chelsea when they bought a load of quality in, the players knew they need better management.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly appeared to aim a thinly-veiled dig at his former boss Jose Mourinho by praising Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for his man-management style.

Solskjaer is clearly a popular figure with his squad, and speaking to ESPN Bailly said he believed the Norwegian's successful playing career has helped him as a manager.

"I would say like an uncle, and having someone like that in the club gives the players more strength."

Theres all sorts of questions to be asked about the tactical approach, but the man management has always been top notch.
Of course he was always gonna praise the current manager.

soralapio

Ah yes, a quote from March 2020, that's the issue settled then. Maybe we should go back and ask Bailly how he feels these days, now that a clearly unfit Maguire is getting picked ahead of him every game?

M Bison

Supports
York City
yeah agree, the HT boos were very loud, it was said in commentary there were still about 60k in the stadium (appreciate they were guessing but still a lot) so I was expecting more noise aimed at Ole and the players.

City will be a bloodbath, also worried for Spurs game too.

passing-wind

He's seemingly having the same season Lampard experienced, more quality players but unable to manage them effectively due to increased expectations. I believe if the team was more inferior results could have changed this season, seems Ole is unable to motivate and guide the more established elite players. It shows that Solskjaer is inept to manage at this higher level exactly the same as Lampard.

Someone

Something

The lack of discipline and effort lately makes me think that he's too soft.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ah yes, a quote from March 2020, that's the issue settled then. Maybe we should go back and ask Bailly how he feels these days, now that a clearly unfit Maguire is getting picked ahead of him every game?
I replied to a poster asking what Bailly said, and this is what he has said.

What do you imagine Bailly is going to say? "I love not playing"?

soralapio

I replied to a poster asking what Bailly said, and this is what he has said.

What do you imagine Bailly is going to say? "I love not playing"?
I think he'd diplomatically give a non-answer so as to not burn his bridges. I am taking issue with the "the man management has always been top notch" line which is utter nonsense IMO. Sure it's good if you're one of Ole's mates who gets picked to play game in, game out. If you're not? Tough shit. We'd rather play Marcus Rashford with literally a broken back than give someone else a chance. Bailly sits on the bench while an unfit Maguire puts in performances that are disgracefully bad. Donny van de Beek must have stolen Ole's car or something to not get a look in despite United's midfield playing like shit week in, week out.

el3mel

His man management is the biggest myth his defenders invented just to distract us from his awful tactics. In fact he has managed most of the squad pretty damn awful. The only player that has improved under him is Shaw and look at him now..he has been fecking shit after one good season and our manager is too soft to kick his arse.

Most of the players have been managed awfully under him. Some are completely undroppable no matter how shit they can play while others don't get a sniff of a chance unless they breathe fire from their mouth in the 10 minutes he gives them every other game.

Awful manager through and through. Our worst manager post Fergie by a long margin, and definitely the worst manager among England's top clubs at the moment.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Insulting another member
I think he'd diplomatically give a non-answer so as to not burn his bridges. I am taking issue with the "the man management has always been top notch" line which is utter nonsense IMO. Sure it's good if you're one of Ole's mates who gets picked to play game in, game out. If you're not? Tough shit. We'd rather play Marcus Rashford with literally a broken back than give someone else a chance. Bailly sits on the bench while an unfit Maguire puts in performances that are disgracefully bad. Donny van de Beek must have stolen Ole's car or something to not get a look in despite United's midfield playing like shit week in, week out.
Do you know what man management is? clearly not. So good night.

Stop being so easily agitated you dolt.

Edit: I am sorry for hurting you feelings. Please accept my apology

Last edited:

Ixion

So just keep scoring he lost them against Leicester, won them back against Atalanta and has lost them again today? Am I getting it right as people were insistent he hadn't lost anyone on Wednesday.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Pogba getting himself sent off on purpose and then chuckling on live TV. Doesn't get more evident that he's lost the players. Wasn't this pathetic under the previous 3 managers.

hudson01

Do you know what man management is? clearly not. So good night.

Stop being so easily agitated you dolt.

Edit: I am sorry for hurting you feelings. Please accept my apology
You lost the arguement after insulting another individual's comments - debate the issue yes but result to insults & you lose. Good luck with yr man-management style...

Wilt

100% he’s lost the players.

God knows what Ronaldo and the others must be thinking.

United Hobbit

At the absolute minimum he's lost Bruno, who's performances recently have been awful. Don't forget Bruno bailing him out multiple times since he's purchased him was potentially a large part of why he's still manager....

The lack of effort /desire/ work rate/ press today was shocking, absolutely appalling. Its Liverpool ffs they were strolling around like it was against a non league team in the FA Cup, and were the ones who were 5-0 up

Has anyone got a video of Pogba? I've seen several people say about his actions as he went up but haven't seen it?

RedorDead21

I don’t think he has. I think they probably don’t trust his tactics sessions. I mean the days of Fergie instructing his teams in such talks worked for him but look abit Sunday league now…”don’t let him past you” etc etc. All he has to do is bring in a top coach. It’s clear that’s not his strength. Even SAF delegated that. He prob has weeks left to do it. I can’t get my head around why it hasn’t happened/won’t happen and instead choose to be sacked.

RedorDead21

Pogba getting himself sent off on purpose and then chuckling on live TV. Doesn't get more evident that he's lost the players. Wasn't this pathetic under the previous 3 managers.
pogba was pretty pathetic under the previous managers though…

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Might be wrong, who knows, but I genuinely don’t think he’s lost the players in the sense of them not wanting to play for him. This is purely down to his ineptitude as well as the coaching staff’s to create a cohesive football team.

Asger

100% he’s lost the players.

God knows what Ronaldo and the others must be thinking.
It’s obvious what Maguire is thinking. Can’t wait to see even slower versions of him! :drool:
Not even Gary Neville was as bad when he realised he should retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.