The 'Manchester Is Blue' Thread

Zen86

It's an old photograph, but the point still stands.

They have a ridiculously poor following yet they continue to spout this "Manchester is Blue" nonsense.
None of them actually believe that though, it's just peddling a myth outside of Manchester.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
"Didn't the manager say that we would not be sitting back in games and looking to score for the full 90 minutes ?

Now I can understand taking Kun off but to put Garcia on and not put Dzeko on or god forbid let us have a look at Guidetti when we are 5-0 up, terrible decision."

A post I just saw on Bluemoon. That was posted not two minutes ago.. they are 5-0 up at home to a team who just about missed out on 4th last season and this kind of shit is posted up.

Castia

He's got a point though, why bother bringing on a DM at this stage when they have a 30m striker on the bench who could do with the minutes.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Djeko always finds himself on the bench, he really isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Djeko always finds himself on the bench, he really isn't as good as he thinks he is.

I think hes one of the more underrated strikers in the league, was great for Wolfsberg too, If you started him week in week out he would get around 17-20 goals a season which isnt a bad return

nemanja nemagic

Although the OP's picture is out of date I did notice a very patchy attendance and remarkably poor atmosphere for the supposed gravity of the fixture yesterday

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Dzeko reminds of Bendtner. Really hate him for some reason. He plays as if he thinks hes better than he really is.
I have a real irrational hatred of Dzeko also. I remember his first press conference after he signed for City he was laughing about Manchester being blue and I thought, there's a prick.

When he scores he seems to have a 'I'm not gonna celebrate cos its no surprise to me that I scored. I'm wonderful' type expression which also bugs me a bit.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
City is the benchmark in England now, ahead of Chelsea squad wise, no doubt, just Chelsea have a better manager.

Chabon

Thats a pretty damning indictment of the current level of English football, if true.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
City is the benchmark in England now, ahead of Chelsea squad wise, no doubt, just Chelsea have a better manager.
There is no benchmark in England at the moment. There's a bunch of obviously flawed teams who struggle to even compete when they come up against an actual good side.

Put this City side in the EPL 5 years ago and they'd be lucky to finish in the top 4. The likes of United, Chelsea and even Arsenal back then would just take them to the cleaners.

For some reason Kompany seems to think they're the bees knees, when all they've done so far is win the Carling Cup and be easily dismantled in Europe. This puts them on a par with mighty outfits such as Birmingham City.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There is no benchmark in England at the moment. There's a bunch of obviously flawed teams who struggle to even compete when they come up against an actual good side.

Put this City side in the EPL 5 years ago and they'd be lucky to finish in the top 4. The likes of United, Chelsea and even Arsenal back then would just take them to the cleaners.

For some reason Kompany seems to think they're the bees knees, when all they've done so far is win the Carling Cup and be easily dismantled in Europe. This puts them on a par with mighty outfits such as Birmingham City.
Completely agree. Individual wise they are good, but all 3 of us, Chelsea and Arsenal were proper teams. We had good players, balanced teams and great managers who knew how to get the most out of them. These days City doesn't seem balanced at all, they rely too much on individual talent, same with United (although we have a terrible balance and no midfield and other problems). Chelsea are the only team these days who I can see with a clear good structure about them and if any team is close to the benchmark for premier league teams, it's them. Once they add a top striker and the players get more used to Mourinho and everything they'll be very hard to displace I think.

On the Kompany point, I have no idea what they have done to make everyone think they are up there with the likes of Barca, Bayern and Madrid. They finished 11 points behind United last season, are currently 9 points behind Chelsea (with 3 games in hand admittedly), and haven't really impressed against any top teams this season. A few thrashings against bottom teams and everyone starts wanking over them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Chelsea are the only team these days who I can see with a clear good structure about them and if any team is close to the benchmark for premier league teams, it's them. Once they add a top striker and the players get more used to Mourinho and everything they'll be very hard to displace I think.
I agree. I hope Mourinho doesn't stick around with Chelsea as i think he'd be able to stamp a Fergie-like dominance on the league.

Count Orduck

I agree. I hope Mourinho doesn't stick around with Chelsea as i think he'd be able to stamp a Fergie-like dominance on the league.
I'm pretty resigned to this happening tbh. He's the best manager in the league by far, and he's got the second biggest wealth fund in the league to back it up.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
Their fans quickly filtered out when Sunderland scored, even though there was a good 5 mins or so left.