The 'Manchester Is Blue' Thread

Vadim

Blue Moan said:
I’ve never come on here moaning about the media but to watch that twat of a BBC presenter interviewing those kids that got a Wembley day out from Sterling has left me bemused. All the questions he could ask these kids and he said “so who do you really support then”
“Utd, utd, Arsenal” were the replies.
What an absolute bunch of wankers for the BBC team to ask that question. Obviously some spiteful shithouse thought that it would be fun to try to belittle us again.
:lol:

The thread is gold - they’re really pissed off with people making fun of little old City:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/media-coverage-2018-19.337141/page-548

Red00012

I have no problem with all the Emptihad banter and not being able to sell out our allocation for a semi final, but your statement that Stirling did not pay for the 550 tickets is uninformed ignorance and spouting your kind of quote is dangerous. Firstly, this has nothing to do with Stirling helping his own image. Stirling, like many top players at many clubs, are consistently making significant contributions to their own personal choice of charities and other supportive organisations and these players do not look for or seek any kind of external gratification. I know this as I work at the Christie Hospital Trust and witness first hand so many incredibly generous contributions by way of money and time, from so many players both from the red and blue sides of manchester. Working in this sector allows me to hear about many other amazing contributions from football players all over the country. In the case of Stirling and the 550 tickets, 100% confirmed that he paid full price for all the tickets from the basic price for Under 16s, for which many were in this bracket, but also across all the various categories from Cat 5 up to basic Club Wembley. This was a big story and it was bound to get out and in fact it was the school itself that issued a press release about this amazing gesture which is why the story came out and became public.

So, rather than put out unfounded, ignorant and biased statements, just wind your neck and and accept that Stirling made a genuine gesture to his old school in a deprived part of London.
Leave Stirling Albion out of this, that club have done nothing to you.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
:lol:

The thread is gold - they’re really pissed off with people making fun of little old City:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/media-coverage-2018-19.337141/page-548
In fairness, I agree with him: I thought it was ridiculous interviewing those kids and asking them which team they really support just for a cheap laugh, and I love to ridicule City at every opportunity. The good deed (Sterling, City PR or otherwise) was overlooked and it was a very good deed, affording kids a chance to visit Wembley for an FA Cup semi-final, which may have been a unique experience for most of them.

JohnnyKills

Nobody cares. Would you make a ride out of Woody's promised Disneyland club given what we have experienced over the past 3/4 of a decade?

It's football. A bunch of guys kicking a ball about making millions. Nobody is watching for the Disneyland story. It's not like we are trying to rebuild our team organically, everyone is telling Woody to throw millions at Ole and back him up instead of telling him to build from ground up.

Once they signed their Ronaldo, fans will pack the stadium and people will start watching them just like they are doing now for Juve.

The challenge for them is to find a way to get around FFP to do it, and whether Pep can integrate such a player without spoiling his system.

I have much more confidence in them getting there than us.
You know Juventus are one of the most popular clubs in Europe, right?

Spielmacher

The notion that the media have it out for them is ridiculous, all they talk about for weeks is the pending quadruple and they never even talk about oil money anymore, a few more years and everyone will have forgotten it, same as with Chelsea. What more do they want?

Trizy

Last edited:

DavidDeSchmikes

I’ve never come on here moaning about the media but to watch that tw*t of a BBC presenter interviewing those kids that got a Wembley day out from Sterling has left me bemused. All the questions he could ask these kids and he said “so who do you really support then”
“Utd, utd, Arsenal” were the replies.
What an absolute bunch of w*nkers for the BBC team to ask that question. Obviously some spiteful sh*thouse thought that it would be fun to try to belittle us again.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't understand why are they annoyed at the BBC reporter? They should be more annoyed that each 1 of those kids didn't support their club. Either way it's fecking hilarious :lol:
They give poor kids free tickets to a semi final and the reporter used it as a stick to beat them with. There's plenty of things the BBC should be reporting about Man City but this was just low hanging fruit that I would expect from Paddy Power, not the BBC.

It's not the worst thing in the world but it was a bit shitty.

Trizy

They give poor kids free tickets to a semi final and the reporter used it as a stick to beat them with. There's plenty of things the BBC should be reporting about Man City but this was just low hanging fruit that I would expect from Paddy Power, not the BBC.

It's not the worst thing in the world but it was a bit shitty.
It's hilarious. Maybe you fail to find the funny side because Chelsea is of the same ilk. More fans though, obviously.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I don't understand why are they annoyed at the BBC reporter? They should be more annoyed that each 1 of those kids didn't support their club. Either way it's fecking hilarious :lol:

EDIT: Ah, I just realised they were the school kids Sterling was bring to the game.... makes it even funnier :lol::lol:
I don't understand why people were so surprised that four young kids from a school right near Wembley were asked what team they supported and the answers were Chelsea, Arsenal and United. I'd have been shocked if there was any more than a handful of City fans in the whole school. Our support has always been concentrated locally seen as we've not competed for trophies for a long time pre-2010, and it takes a lot more than a decade of competing at the top to really start to resonate with younger fans in areas outside of Manchester. To be honest I doubt there'd be many Liverpool fans in that school either. In areas like that the majority of the time it's Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea or United.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I don't understand why people were so surprised that four young kids from a school right near Wembley were asked what team they supported and the answers were Chelsea, Arsenal and United. I'd have been shocked if there was any more than a handful of City fans in the whole school. Our support has always been concentrated locally seen as we've not competed for trophies for a long time pre-2010, and it takes a lot more than a decade of competing at the top to really start to resonate with younger fans in areas outside of Manchester. To be honest I doubt there'd be many Liverpool fans in that school either. In areas like that the majority of the time it's Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea or United.
I would be shocked if there were any City fans in the whole school.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The notion that the media have it out for them is ridiculous, all they talk about for weeks is the pending quadruple and they never even talk about oil money anymore, a few more years and everyone will have forgotten it, same as with Chelsea. What more do they want?
Yeah what? The media never stops gushing about them and how good they are.

JamiePollocksOG

Supports
Manchester City
Just want to jump on Kirsty Gallacher, and not in the good way.

Not seen the video on the thread but if anyone has seen it, her behaviour is appalling. Sniggering and sneering as the caller tried to explain the financial hardship that some working class fans are finding. We had to give up our season tickets last year because we could no longer afford them.
But to see someone, berating people because of hardship is a step to far and the empty seats gags are starting to become a little more toxic.
They really don't care about your average working man, and cos they're millionaires, they feel entitled to take the piss out of a caller.

End of rant and thanks. CTID

Reactions: SteveJ

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Not seen the video on the thread but if anyone has seen it, her behaviour is appalling. Sniggering and sneering as the caller tried to explain the financial hardship that some working class fans are finding. We had to give up our season tickets last year because we could no longer afford them.
But to see someone, berating people because of hardship is a step to far and the empty seats gags are starting to become a little more toxic.
They really don't care about your average working man, and cos they're millionaires, they feel entitled to take the piss out of a caller.

Your fans have put themselves there to be shot at. The self proclaim greatest supporters in the country, claiming there’s more city fans in Manchester than there is united fans. Or further that there are actually very few united fans in Manchester. I’ve been met by astonished gazes on holidays when I’ve said I’m from Manchester and support United, because these same people have met city fans and been told there are no united fans in Manchester. I’ve been bored to death by city fans telling me Newcastle’s average attendance in 1988.

There’s always been an excuse though, fact is you can’t have more fans in Manchester AND the best supporters in the country when you can’t fill your stadium or sell out Wembley trips.

I’m glad your fans are getting called out on a wide scale. It’s your fans who are to blame not Kirsty Gallagher. Your support has been famed by your own support.

Actually you have a pretty small fan base, Manchester is massively more red than blue, statistics have always bourne that out. More so though you just have a large section of very mediocre fans. Theyve always just gone on a freebie or on a one off and felt it made them super fans. Loyal by association.

Now everyone is seeing through it and seeing your fan base for what it is.

But yeah blame Kirsty Gallagher and financial hard times that seem limited to just your club on a massive scale.

Stookie

Nurse bell end

Fair point mate, but as you mention about pisstaking becoming toxic I know what you mean. United have had the ‘no fans from Manchester and we’re all glory hunters’ pisstaking for years and years. To the point of becoming tiresome. You’ll just have to get used to it pal because it won’t go away soon.

SER19

City fans are getting very very good at deflection with a phony moral cause that's becoming eerily similar to Liverpool. The empty stadium is not a reflection of the fact that they simply bought success and can't sell it out, its symbol of the hardship of the working man. Give me a break. Decades of utter bitter venom about City being the Manchester club and they're winning titles and chasing a quadruple in front of empty seats. Fecking embarrassment

JohnnyKills

Your fans have put themselves there to be shot at. The self proclaim greatest supporters in the country, claiming there’s more city fans in Manchester than there is united fans. Or further that there are actually very few united fans in Manchester. I’ve been met by astonished gazes on holidays when I’ve said I’m from Manchester and support United, because these same people have met city fans and been told there are no united fans in Manchester. I’ve been bored to death by city fans telling me Newcastle’s average attendance in 1988.

There’s always been an excuse though, fact is you can’t have more fans in Manchester AND the best supporters in the country when you can’t fill your stadium or sell out Wembley trips.

I’m glad your fans are getting called out on a wide scale. It’s your fans who are to blame not Kirsty Gallagher. Your support has been famed by your own support.

Actually you have a pretty small fan base, Manchester is massively more red than blue, statistics have always bourne that out. More so though you just have a large section of very mediocre fans. Theyve always just gone on a freebie or on a one off and felt it made them super fans. Loyal by association.

Now everyone is seeing through it and seeing your fan base for what it is.

But yeah blame Kirsty Gallagher and financial hard times that seem limited to just your club on a massive scale.
Agree with this tbh.

As others have said, the media are looking for an angle on City as they're winning all the time and it's getting boring. The Emptihad stuff is a cheap win, just like the United gloryhunters thing was.

But the fact is that, just like the United gloryhunters tag, there's a strong element of truth in it. City can't fill their stadium or sell out when they go to Wembley, which only makes their inflated commercial figures more absurd.

The problem City have got is that, up until the takeover, they were defined by their underdog status. They had United, the ruthless, unlovable commercial machine, next door and they were cast as the working-class tryer who never got a break. So they're basically having to reinvent their entire image while being true to the (large) number of fans who stuck with them through thick and thin.

You wonder how big City can truly get. If the club is still failing to sell out with an all-conquering team and Guardiola in the dug-out, are they ever going to 'crack it' and become a mega-club like United, Liverpool or the Spanish giants? It seems people just aren't buying it as it's all totally superficial and plastic.

Trizy

Non-sellout tonight?

Surely not...

:wenger:
It's sold out as of 5 hours ago. Kinda amazing it only sold out on the day. I'd imagine the Spurs home game sold out within hours after the draw just like Old Trafford and Camp Nou.

FujiVice

Maybe there are people in the seats, they are just really small?

Christie

You wonder how big City can truly get. If the club is still failing to sell out with an all-conquering team and Guardiola in the dug-out, are they ever going to 'crack it' and become a mega-club like United, Liverpool or the Spanish giants? It seems people just aren't buying it as it's all totally superficial and plastic.
Meh. Despite how successful City is, they are still a rather unsexy team. Perez has got something right with his Galaticos policy, as he knows Galaticos sells tickets and shirts. City got quality players and a good team, but they still feel like blue collar workers rather than some swanky team. I dare say Aguero is their sexiest big name player and he ain't got nothing on the likes of Beckham and Ronaldo.

Also, City aren't as successful as you think. We still have a stronger winning history. They only have a few league titles. Once they elevate their team to CL winning calibre they wil lget eyes on them easily.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The weather has been horrendous. It was flooded round our Carrington training ground and the commentator has just said there are problems with the trains locally, likely due to the weather as well?
It's rained for a while. Crazy how poor we are at coping with that.

Last edited: