The 'Manchester Is Blue' Thread

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They are an embarrassment as a fan base. This is what happens when you try to polish a turd.

patty123

They always had a pretty big fanbase but not big enough to fill a huge stadium. I wonder if some of the older fans have dumped them because of the owners.
I think there maybe an element of truth in that, as lets look at this, man city v watford, nah not an EPL game, flashback to 01/02 while both were in what is the third division/league 1 and attendance was a dozen short of 34,000, now fast forward to present with saint pip and his billionaire squad, recent game against the Villa, 40,000 showed up.

mad1max954

they have a small loyal fan base. The rest are clearly as fake as their income streams.

look at their attendances at Wembley or like this now the league is over: now they get shown for what they really are which is a small club which got lucky and which could fall massively with the snap of one mans fingers.

you can ice over a rotten cake as much as you want, but it’s still going to taste like shit!

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...hester-Citys-end-Carabao-Cup-final-seats.html

Manchester City's end at the Carabao Cup final could see empty seats as they struggle to sell their allocation... with Aston Villa fans now buying Etihad tickets to try to get to Wembley!
  • Manchester City are yet to sell their full allocation for the Carabao Cup final
  • The club are struggling to shift most expensive tickets for the Wembley clash
  • The slow sales have proved a source of frustration for the Aston Villa contingent
  • A Villa fan even attended City's win over West Ham just to qualify for final tickets

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...hester-Citys-end-Carabao-Cup-final-seats.html

Manchester City's end at the Carabao Cup final could see empty seats as they struggle to sell their allocation... with Aston Villa fans now buying Etihad tickets to try to get to Wembley!
  • Manchester City are yet to sell their full allocation for the Carabao Cup final
  • The club are struggling to shift most expensive tickets for the Wembley clash
  • The slow sales have proved a source of frustration for the Aston Villa contingent
  • A Villa fan even attended City's win over West Ham just to qualify for final tickets
I was half expecting that to be a daily fail article. :lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
They really are an embarrassment.

Whatever you say about PSG, at the end of the day they are, and always have been, the biggest team in the capital city.

These people should have brought Newcastle or Aston Villa, at least they have genuine loyal supporters it's just that they have underperformed.

Dare I say it, they would have been much better off buying Spurs.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
They really are an embarrassment.

Whatever you say about PSG, at the end of the day they are, and always have been, the biggest team in the capital city.

These people should have brought Newcastle or Aston Villa, at least they have genuine loyal supporters it's just that they have underperformed.

Dare I say it, they would have been much better off buying Spurs.
They only started in 1970 and there was little competition. I bet most on here couldn't name another club from Paris.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
They only started in 1970 and there was little competition. I bet most on here couldn't name another club from Paris.
The second oldest club in France is from Paris.. Red Star F.C I think they’re in the 3rd tier. Still with more history than PSG though, I had to google more info on them so I can be a proper football hipster. Apparently started by Jules Rimet

GazTheLegend

We have 40 to 45,000 fans. The rest come and go.
Nobody seems to take into account the sheer NUMBER of games city play

Like if you're in every trophy until the final that's gonna be like 30-40 home games (and city always seem to get home draws in cup games too so that's a negative in this case)

Who can afford that if you're on an average salary??? Costs a fortune even if all you're doing is getting trams (to Trafford park in my case) and you can't get every Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday off work. A lot of the fans on Reddit or whatever slating city fans probably have never been to a match. I like going to football but it's £30-£50 for a Europa League ticket. It adds up.

Football is pricing match going fans out the game. Hell it's £22 to watch League one football near me

RoyH1

Like if you're in every trophy until the final that's gonna be like 30-40 home games (and city always seem to get home draws in cup games too so that's a negative in this case)

Who can afford that if you're on an average salary??? Costs a fortune even if all you're doing is getting trams (to Trafford park in my case) and you can't get every Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday off work. A lot of the fans on Reddit or whatever slating city fans probably have never been to a match. I like going to football but it's £30-£50 for a Europa League ticket. It adds up.

Football is pricing match going fans out the game. Hell it's £22 to watch League one football near me
True. But wouldn’t the same be true of most big clubs in Europe as a whole? I don’t think City plus significantly more games than other PL clubs. And while it’s very understandable to drop attending the Carabao Cup (a joke of a tournament for the big clubs), missing out on a Premiership game against a fairly well known London club does raise questions of fan support

TheReligion

Abusive

How many more games to city play in comparison to other clubs?

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City

It's the same for everybody really. It's why it drives me up the wall when you get City fans finding every reason in the book to explain why our games don't sell out but make a hobby out of laughing when Old Trafford's half empty for Europa League group games. We're all working class, we're all feeling the pinch, not every club has a revolving door of extras to fill those empty seats, and City especially don't - as I said, we have a loyal fanbase of about 40,000 and the rest just come and go. An additional 5,000 or so have all been priced out over the years. Sadly it's just the way it is.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Fc Paris!

?

:nervous:

Edit: I win, they actually exist, though it's Paris FC
It's actually PSG's twin club. PSGFC split between PSG and PFC when the Paris townhall bigots would't allow a club partly based outside of Paris to play at the Parc des Princes. PFC kept the pros and PSG got the amateur section. A couple years later PFC was relegated and PSG was promoted in D1 and got to use the Parc des Princes.

1970 is the official date for PSG creation but there could have been other choices.

rotherham_red

All well and good, but you forget that City's tickets are among the more reasonably priced in the league, their fans can choose to opt out of any games that they aren't willing to go to, and their public transport costs are tied in to their ticket.

Those cnuts have it easy.

cyberman

City havent got the fanbase to cover when fans have to pick and choose games.
Which is the point of this thread. They have a tiny fanbase.
Tiny.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Its nothing to do that, its literally we have about 40k regular match going fans and thats it. In terms of numbers the stadium is a little too big for us (at least currently). Shit happens. We aren't the only club.
Barca average 25k empty seats (1/4th of capacity missing for every game). Of course that means they get 75k average but filling on average 75% of your stadium is not amazing.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Seen a tweet from fifa congratulating them on being only the 2nd side to win the league cup 3xs in a row’.....

we’ve won 4iar last year also have won 6iar plus getting to 14 consecutive finals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seen a tweet from fifa congratulating them on being only the 2nd side to win the league cup 3xs in a row’.....

we’ve won 4iar last year also have won 6iar plus getting to 14 consecutive finals.
Come on pal, you're in a league with 2 teams, where no other team has won it in over 30 years, and between you and Rangers you've won about 95% of every title ever.