The Manchester Title Race

MUFCgal

As somebody else said on here, when the going gets tough.....United get going.

I think we will be well up for it, just like we were in the FA Cup match, and yes while we threw away two goals there, we still managed to get the win.

Same again please.

Sir A1ex

kps88

Nothing on the major media outlets. Which means the FA won't care, even if it actually did happen. Clutching at straws.

kietotheworld

You never get banned for two fingers because you can make the argument that you were innocently signing "two" to someone and it's virtually impossible to disprove.

Adebesi

I do like the idea that El Clasico on Saturday night was an omen. Not that different a situation to the one we are in and Madrid did what was required at the Nou Camp. Let us take inspiration from that.

Sir A1ex

Interesting, there's obviously something in it, and if it was towards the fans, they've kind of got their hands tied now (much as I think a ban is over the top).

Does seem a bit flimsy though...

The Football Association are reviewing photographic evidence...
...The images, taken from television pictures and later circulated on Twitter, were taken shortly before half-time.

If it was on TV, why are they pissing around looking at photos?!

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Seriously, no one out side of England uses that sign as an insult. To think that an Ivorian player would use the two fingers as an insult and not rather just pointing out that they scored two goals is asinine.

If he wanted to insult he would probably have flipped them off.

Sir A1ex

Why is it so implausible that, in the space of just 10 months, somebody could learn the local "vocab" of offensive gestures (a "vocab" that consists of a grand total of one gesture)?

phelans shorts

Seriously, no one out side of England uses that sign as an insult. To think that an Ivorian player would use the two fingers as an insult and not rather just pointing out that they scored two goals is asinine.

If he wanted to insult he would probably have flipped them off.
It was before half time...

It was only 1-0...

acrebo

Aye, it was only 1-0. What the photo doesn't show is who was on the receiving end of his gesture; it's overwhelmingly likely that it was aimed at the bench or a team mate to literally say "2".

Yaya doesn't strike me as a particularly confrontational character.

Rooney24

Aye, it was only 1-0. What the photo doesn't show is who was on the receiving end of his gesture; it's overwhelmingly likely that it was aimed at the bench or a team mate to literally say "2".

Yaya doesn't strike me as a particularly confrontational character.
Exactly its probably a signal for a tactic or something, or to the ref to say "hes fouled me twice".

nothing in this.

Rednails

Interestly, City fans are very nervous. Two different individuals have told me today that they fear Scholes nicking the winner at the 11th hour. Hopefully their players will be feeling it too.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
so where are the cocks that said we had won the title ?

next time wait before spouting shit.

Drifter

American
Yeah like typing on a internet forum affects a football match.And i still think it is not over.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
8 points in front, what a bottle job. City can rightly laugh their arses off.

Neo_Mufc

Newcastle can still cause a big upset. It won't be easy for City.

We need to thrash Swansea 10-0..........

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Did we bottle it or peak too early? I'm sure before the last 4 games we'd won 11 out of 12. Oh and there's still 2 games left, anything can happen as our last 4 games have shown.

Man-United

so where are the cocks that said we had won the title ?

next time wait before spouting shit.
I guess they have not supported United for many years. We always make it the hard way to win the title. This time it looks like it's not a title.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
If we don't win we will have set a record for being the first team to lose an 8 point lead with 6 games left.

Considering City lost a lead just a big before that, it's one crazy season. Seems we just didn't quite have enough to get past the finish line, the injury to Evans was maybe one too many right at the end.