Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There have been some nice moments and cameo's but this season is far weaker than the first two imo.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been an ok season but nothing great.

I fecking love Baby Yoda though. I’m an absolute sucker for anything involving him, even the most stupid shit :lol: he’s great.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Or maybe it was always like this but I was adequately distracted by Grogu and the excellent score/visuals.
I think Grogu carried the show tbh and since he's taken a back seat it's declined.

Very forgettable season. Dare I say, dull. I also don't think Gideon is a good villain. He's very pantomime evil.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Nah Gideon is crap to be fair. The woman living on Coruscant pretending to be rehabilitated is a better villain

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There's only so far you can take a show where the main protagonist has a bucket on his head.

Norris

I agree with those that say S03 is a bore. Some of the charm has worn off. The main story arc between Grogu/Mando was resolved before the season even began.

Swedish_Plumber

Meh. Usually am a sucker for fan service but seemed a bit too much. In general that season was miles weaker than the other two.
seemed like a series finale the way they ended mandos story. Even though we know for pretty much certain it’s all continuing.

Hamnat

They sure packed a lot into the finale as a spectacle. There were parts I thought were pretty epic. But yeah it doesn't cover up the bit of a mess the season was in general.

The ending setup more of a back to basics season 4 maybe.

now that Din and his son Din Grogou are taking on missions for the new republic we can maybe have more focused episode on them. Save the larger cast for the Mandolorian movie. I don't mind checking in now and then on the new population of Mandalore.

caid

Thought it was weaker than previous seasons too. Think its been a steady decline since season 1 really. Feels like they've been moving away from what made it interesting and enjoyable. Self contained stories that aren't retreading the same over saturated focus on the empire. This just feels like all the other crap they've been making for the last 20 years. Its well put together relative to most of their content but i've seen the same rebels running around imperial base storyline too many times for it not to be utterly forgettable.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
They sure packed a lot into the finale as a spectacle. There were parts I thought were pretty epic. But yeah it doesn't cover up the bit of a mess the season was in general.

The ending setup more of a back to basics season 4 maybe.

now that Din and his son Din Grogou are taking on missions for the new republic we can maybe have more focused episode on them. Save the larger cast for the Mandolorian movie. I don't mind checking in now and then on the new population of Mandalore.
Agreed, parts of it worked well (mainly with Grogu) and there were a lot of parts that fell flat. They did at least finish it off fairly well and neatly and I really hope that's the end of Gideon because feck me he was a bland Evil character.

My hunch is the new Star Wars movie with Rey is going to have Grogu and he'll be a big part of the film. Disney can't resist that huge cash cow.

That'sHernandez

I half expected Moff Gideon to explain his wicked plan to Mando at some point in that

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Meh, felt like this was a big drop off from the previous two seasons. It wasn't until episode 7 that it actually moved anywhere.

Herman Toothrot

This is utter garbage. All the Mandalorian myth building is dull and told in painstakingly slow detail. The stunt casting, callbacks and world-building is doing nothing but cheapening the wider universe. I'd put this series on the same level as the cut scenes from Rebel Assault II or Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, but they both benefitted from the directors not casting their comedian friends.

I enjoyed the first series, it should have ended with the second and now it's reduced to treading water until the Filoni-verse comes along and brings to life even more cartoon characters who'd be better served staying dead.

No, no Power Rangers. Please, no.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Enjoyed the last 2 episodes, but definitely a big drop-off in the overall season compared to the 1st two.

To be fair though, it's really hard to top how season 2 ended.

Tiber

It wasn't Luke Skywalker turning up and single-handedly slaughtering an army, but I thought the ending was good,
would have liked to see the Mandalorians encountering the Mythosaur though

I thought Ashoka or Thrawn was going to turn up at the very end, can't wait for that series, Thrawn is the best character in all of Star Wars

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This is utter garbage. All the Mandalorian myth building is dull and told in painstakingly slow detail. The stunt casting, callbacks and world-building is doing nothing but cheapening the wider universe. I'd put this series on the same level as the cut scenes from Rebel Assault II or Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, but they both benefitted from the directors not casting their comedian friends.

I enjoyed the first series, it should have ended with the second and now it's reduced to treading water until the Filoni-verse comes along and brings to life even more cartoon characters who'd be better served staying dead.

No, no Power Rangers. Please, no.
Gotta say from time perspective, Rebel Assault II cutscenes were quality and filled with effects in mood of Lucas SW era, not to mention narration was straight to the point to keep the pacing going throughout whole thing. Lucas Arts were always able to deliver in that aspect and same goes to Dark Forces. Why Disney decided to erase Kyle Katarn, it's mindboggling. In this single character they had material for it's own trilogies of movies and a series.

What bugs me in Filoni-verse is there are moments in certain times when Filoni himself isn't exactly present in his projects and it shows. Mando 3rd season could be perfect example of that, but I've noticed this trend in one of the later seasons of Clone Wars too. Bit feels like he checked out from Mandalorian completely to focus fully on Ahsoka.

From some time they really keep throwing these shows one after another in hope something will stick and effect is mostly hit & miss.

Herman Toothrot

Gotta say from time perspective, Rebel Assault II cutscenes were quality and filled with effects in mood of Lucas SW era, not to mention narration was straight to the point to keep the pacing going throughout whole thing. Lucas Arts were always able to deliver in that aspect and same goes to Dark Forces. Why Disney decided to erase Kyle Katarn, it's mindboggling. In this single character they had material for it's own trilogies of movies and a series.

What bugs me in Filoni-verse is there are moments in certain times when Filoni himself isn't exactly present in his projects and it shows. Mando 3rd season could be perfect example of that, but I've noticed this trend in one of the later seasons of Clone Wars too. Bit feels like he checked out from Mandalorian completely to focus fully on Ahsoka.

From some time they really keep throwing these shows one after another in hope something will stick and effect is mostly hit & miss.
I was harsh on Rebel Assault. Obviously, it's not held up, but at that time it was thrilling to see any new "live action" Star Wars, especially on a CD-ROM. This is why the hype for the Special Editions and Episode I was so massive, less is more.

The Jedi Knight cut scenes were awful though! Kyle Katarn is a totally different person than in Dark Forces.

I wouldn't begrudge fans of The Clone Wars their live action series, but I won't be watching Ahsoka myself and I think the more they stuff this timeline, the more they undermine the originals and let daylight in upon magic.

There was no need to make the Mandalorian a spin-off from Clone Wars, they should have just told a tight Western story and had the discipline to end it when it needed to end.

Not everything needs to be told on TV, but they can't resist. You just know that kid from fecking Rebels is going to come back and that ginger lad from whatever that game was called. It's okay for a cartoon to be a cartoon or a game to be a game.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I was harsh on Rebel Assault. Obviously, it's not held up, but at that time it was thrilling to see any new "live action" Star Wars, especially on a CD-ROM. This is why the hype for the Special Editions and Episode I was so massive, less is more.

The Jedi Knight cut scenes were awful though! Kyle Katarn is a totally different person than in Dark Forces.

I wouldn't begrudge fans of The Clone Wars their live action series, but I won't be watching Ahsoka myself and I think the more they stuff this timeline, the more they undermine the originals and let daylight in upon magic.

There was no need to make the Mandalorian a spin-off from Clone Wars, they should have just told a tight Western story and had the discipline to end it when it needed to end.

Not everything needs to be told on TV, but they can't resist. You just know that kid from fecking Rebels is going to come back and that ginger lad from whatever that game was called. It's okay for a cartoon to be a cartoon or a game to be a game.
:lol: You just have to forgive the 90s for that version of Katarn in Jedi Knight. It was made in a unique time when experiments like William Shattner's Tekwar or Robocop TV series were a thing and tbh it wasn't all that bad. Jedi Knight was probably one of the first attempts to make it look truly cinematic, though Wing Commander III & IV created it's own league in this regard.

I'll stick around for Ahsoka just for kicks, but I totally get why some folks would just prefer to keep distance. Still think Filoni have tendency to hit the mark within first episodes when he actually cares to inject Lucas' early inspirations and ideas (Kurosawa, Flash Gordon, westerns etc.), I hope he'll interrogate George before making at least 3 seasons to at least get the big picture... and then there's Disney's policy to keep making new shows, despite already so many projects in line which can get in the way to keep at least one quality project afloat.

That'sHernandez

What about the originals do you consider undermined?

dinostar77

Apparently the culmination of the Madalorian series, bobba fett series and ashoma series will tie directly into one of the new star wars movies.

"..As announced at Star Wars Celebration 2023, Filoni will be directing a Star Wars movie that will act as the cinematic culmination of The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Ahsoka, bringing all three stories together for one final big conclusion. As for when that’s happening, what it might look like, or how many seasons of each show will debut between then and now, it’s anyone’s guess..."

They've taken what was initally a good series and weighted it down with the weight and baggage of star wars universe building. Its a shame.

https://www.polygon.com/23688759/mandalorian-season-3-finale-review-too-much

The Mandalorian is buckling under the weight of all this continuity. Too much is resting on Grogu’s little head....

Bole Top

the first 2 seasons were obviously better and much fresher. third season almost felt like they simply recycled certain parts of S1 and S2, but with everything made a bit worse overall. it's nothing that will ruin it for me, but it's a noticeable drop. I still enjoy watching it and I also enjoyed The Book of Boba Fet. both shows keep it simple and are fun enough, and as far as I'm concerned, there are no other parameters they should be judged on. shows like these are always needed.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished this earlier today.

It was ok but agree with the majority of comments on here that it definitely was a drop off from the previous 2 seasons.

Robertd0803

You could have the entire season 3 minus Grogu and it wouldnt have made much difference to the overall plot. I always felt re-uniting him and Mando so soon wasnt the best idea.

But anyway.