Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

evil_geko

Looking much more forward to this than the train wreck that "The Rise of the Skywalker" will probably be.

Art Vandelay

See, I don't think that us a minor complaint and it is symptomatic of going for recognition to generate a connection. The Jedi's all wearing desert planet style robes when that was clearly a disguise, all the Jedi training with the floating ball and blast shield even though that was something Obi Wan just knocked up from rubbish on the Falcon, etc, etc.
I agree. There's a lot of stuff in the prequels and new films which are needless call backs that only really serve to make the vast galaxy feel tiny. Anakin building Threepio was probably the worst one.

The Disney films feeling like they need rebels and an empire to fight against is doing them no favours either.

Carbonite freezing was a dangerous test they tried on Han and isn't a Mandalorian bounty hunter thing. Did Boba Fett not object to it if I remember right?

RedDevilRoshi

Didn’t know it was a TV show. Thought it was a film.

Will Boba Fett be linked to this or are we expecting a spin off film like Solo & Rogue One for him?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Didn’t know it was a TV show. Thought it was a film.

Will Boba Fett be linked to this or are we expecting a spin off film like Solo & Rogue One for him?
This is set years after Boba died. He might be mentioned maybe, you'd think he should be the most famous person in the universe (given how many clones there were!).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Isn't anyone looking forward to this? Apparently it's almost coming out. Came out of nowhere for me? Should I be hyped?

Art Vandelay

Isn't anyone looking forward to this? Apparently it's almost coming out. Came out of nowhere for me? Should I be hyped?
It looks good, but they aren't showing it in the UK until next year at the earliest so far. So most of us have nothing to be hyped for.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
File this one under ‘couldn’t really give a toss’.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
File this one under ‘couldn’t really give a toss’.
Kind of sad what the over saturation of Star Wars by Disney has done. A decade ago the prospect of a high budget A-list Star Wars TV show would've send the world in to an epileptic hype fit. Now it's just, meh, we'll see.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Kind of sad what the over saturation of Star Wars by Disney has done. A decade ago the prospect of a high budget A-list Star Wars TV show would've send the world in to an epileptic hype fit. Now it's just, meh, we'll see.
Pretty much. It might be fantastic, but I’ll wait to see what the consensus is. Can’t really be assed with it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Oh I dont know about that - the response for the Mandalorian so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Just because The Last Jedi was a bit of a stinker doesnt mean there isnt a rich vein of content just waiting to be used. I loved Rogue One and I'm really excited to see more Star Wars content that isn't restrained by the saga movies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Oh I dont know about that - the response for the Mandalorian so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Just because The Last Jedi was a bit of a stinker doesnt mean there isnt a rich vein of content just waiting to be used. I loved Rogue One and I'm really excited to see more Star Wars content that isn't restrained by the saga movies.
I kind of liked all the new films bar the Solo thing. It's just, there's too many of em now. It's lost its mythicism.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I kind of liked all the new films bar the Solo thing. It's just, there's too many of em now. It's lost its mythicism.
I love Star Wars and will happily throw my cash at pretty much anything related to it. This is a total dream for me right now.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Seeing good reviews for it online. Is this gonna be released all at once or one episode at a time?

edit: never mind, guess it's released weekly.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I was looking for a way to watch this in the UK (Found one!), and I saw a spoiler for the end of the episode :( I still enjoyed it, though.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I proper belly laughed at the cooked alien on the spit, which happened to be the same species that was in Jabbas Palace in Return of the Jedi (the one that kept laughing and pulled out C3P0s eye).

Red Star One

First episode is honestly probably a piece of Star Wars I’ve enjoyed most in last 10 years or so. Atmosphere is great, aesthetic are on point. Loved it

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That was an excellent start, very excited to see what's going to happen next.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Ok, first off, I don't like the Mandalorian's stride. It reminds me of how someone walks when all of their leg muscles are sore. I was expecting a confident determined stride.

As well, hoping for some better character development than shown so far because at the moment it feels like Rogue One; aesthetically on point but no depth.

Also enjoyed the part where Mando jumped on the cannon and the surprise ending has me pretty excited for the next episode.

evil_geko

That was brilliant from start to finish! Although episode was a bit short? 35 minutes...

stevoc

It's probably very expensive show to make so not surprised its relatively short.
It looks expensive, pretty much cinema quality. Just checked IMDB and it looks like every episode is around 40 minutes. Which to be fair is about the same length as an hour long show is on TV without adverts.

arthurka

First episode of this was the best Star Wars since Disney bought it. Great start looking forward to having more of this.

evil_geko

It looks expensive, pretty much cinema quality. Just checked IMDB and it looks like every episode is around 40 minutes. Which to be fair is about the same length as an hour long show is on TV without adverts.
This is about 35 mins without credits, commercials etc, usual hour long show is at around 41, 42 mins or so. So it is about 7 mins shorter than usual shows.