Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

Dan

Looks quite decent.

An Obi-Wan show has just been announced too.

Reiver

Looks quite decent.

An Obi-Wan show has just been announced too.
Excited about this, Obi-Wan has always been my favourite character. Funny how things work out, a TV show may well end up being better than one standalone film.

Simbo

God damn disney and their epic star wars trailers.

Rooney1987

Early 2020 for us 4-6 month wait. Read could be Sky Disney deal holding it up. People might need to find other hateful ways of watching it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Early 2020 for us 4-6 month wait. Read could be Sky Disney deal holding it up. People might need to find other hateful ways of watching it.
Disney just setting themselves up for a lot of pirating here.

Trailer looked canny, never watched a star wars film though.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Didn’t Boba Fett die in Return of the Jedi or is this a different character entirely?
According to Google, this show isn't even about Boba Fett. *shrugs*

But to answer your question, it's tricky. In the old canon (pre Disney) he survived. It's a little more unclear post Disney though, some hints he did but nothing concrete.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Well I for one am very annoyed that the funny helmet man who fell into the silly sand monster in that 80s children’s film with all the killer teddy bears is not going to appear in this gritty serious adult programe about space wizards... and I’m going to send some very angry tweets about it, exclusively to the female members of the cast.

Am I doing Star Wars right?

Last edited:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Well I for one am very annoyed that the funny helmet man who fell into the silly sand monster in that 80s children’s film with all the killer teddy bears is not going to appear in this gritty serious adult programe about space wizards... and I’m going to send some very angry tweets about it, exclusively to the female members of the cast.

:lol:

It's a snazzy trailer and it could be decent. The likes of Weathers and Herzog buys you a modicum of hip, transgressive clout, though how Peckinpah can you really go when this is canon:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Wasn't carbon freezing experimental tech?

And now all the kids are doing it...
The facility on Cloud City was experimental since it was usually used for cargo. I think it's implied the technique itself wasn't, but I could be wrong.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Seems freezing might have been used, but carbon freezing not so much for organic beings.

It's a minor complaint, and this show is just doing what all the other films have been doing as well, taking something from OT and making it widespread in the universe.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Just a few years after I believe.

Doesn't matter that much, and at least they can say, "member carbon freezing? there you go!".

Art Vandelay

I think they should leave Boba Fett alone and I hope this really is someone else. They should never confirm if he's alive or dead. It was cool at first him surviving, but the more they removed the mysteries about him the weaker his character got. I preferred it when no one even knew who he was except for some rumours of who he might be.

Fingeredmouse

Seems freezing might have been used, but carbon freezing not so much for organic beings.

It's a minor complaint, and this show is just doing what all the other films have been doing as well, taking something from OT and making it widespread in the universe.
See, I don't think that us a minor complaint and it is symptomatic of going for recognition to generate a connection. The Jedi's all wearing desert planet style robes when that was clearly a disguise, all the Jedi training with the floating ball and blast shield even though that was something Obi Wan just knocked up from rubbish on the Falcon, etc, etc.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It seems to me you'd be quite dumb if you were a bounty hunter and didn't try to make this a common practice when you found out it worked.

acnumber9

When’s the new material coming out?

Ubik

Instead of what? Handcuffing and/or whacking them on the head?
I mean it can only make for a more efficient bounty hunter if you can collect them in bulk and not have to worry about escapes and general bounty welfare.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I mean it can only make for a more efficient bounty hunter if you can collect them in bulk and not have to worry about escapes and general bounty welfare.
Guess that can work. Just don't see it personally that efficient.

In Empire it was supposed to be a trap for Luke, a dangerous villain to the Empire. Didn't work there, and eventually he did end up handcuffed in the Return to face the Emperor.

Ubik

Also they're a Disney company now, it's what he would've wanted.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Damn it looks good. Should I allow myself to get my hopes up?

It looks more violent, and hopefully darker. I love Pedro Pascal, and the Fett's were my favourite characters - so hopefully this bounty hunter is a badarse.

The production value looks amazing.

Last edited:

marktan

Curious how many plan to sign up for Disney+? Their backlog of films should make them interesting for families, but I wonder how many will see the service as 'premium' vs the more generalistic Netflix.