Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Why does Mandalorian stop killing people after he got Baby Yoda? He killed some other bounty hunters on Baby Yoda quest, but after rescuing him...I don't think he's killed anyone. Also he seems more vocal than pre-Baby Yoda episodes. What drives the change?
He literally killed 3 people in this episode by himself and sentenced 2 more (at the least, there were probably some technical personnel on the station as well) to a certain death?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Started promisingly but getting worse and worse each episode. These bounty hunts and helping some random people do random things just leads nowhere. Last episode was completely pointless, just like a couple before that one.
Why would you say it was pointless? Genuinely curious...

To me, It told a complete story, introduced new characters to the world, and was highly entertaining.

evil_geko

Why would you say it was pointless? Genuinely curious...

To me, It told a complete story, introduced new characters to the world, and was highly entertaining.
I am also loving the "adventure of the week" old school format, people these days are too much used to there always being some bigger picture. I understand that people don't like it, but saying it is "pointless" only because personally not liking it? Come on now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I am also loving the "adventure of the week" old school format, people these days are too much used to there always being some bigger picture. I understand that people don't like it, but saying it is "pointless" only because personally not liking it? Come on now.
It has the feel of Star Wars in a weekly Star Trek format, which isn’t a terrible thing.

The purple tube-headed lady was fecking awful though.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He didn't kill anyone in this episode.
Didn't know about the post-credit scene. It looked like the burg at least was definitely finished.

Still, leaving the beacon at the station is a bit like Batman kicking a bad guy under the moving train without technically killing him.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
By giving the tracker to Zin, he killed everyone on that space station.
He didn't kill them. The X-Wing pilots killed them. If you call the police on somebody and they shoot him, you didn't kill that guy. Plus they likely wouldn't have died if they weren't launching their own gunship to kill Mando which the X-Wings detected.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
New Republic are worse than Empire.

Though, I do not think they destroyed the station. Only the ship, and some small things on the hull.

Or, they could be evil cnuts, dunno.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It was amusing to me that they did a heist episode just a few weeks after Rick & Morty ripped the piss out of the genre.

"Put on more tropes"
"There are no more tropes"

We were both a bit sleepy watching it here but we were bored. We'd have expected a bit more development on Baby Yoda by now and some of the acting was awful.

Ramos

:lol: The cast in this episode was stellar. Most of the cast members have huge huge acting careers and resumes.
Yeah, took me a while to figure out who devildude was. Was sure i knew him. Then i saw it was Clancy Brown!

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The talky start and Bill Burr I didn't love but once they went aboard I really got in to it. The plotting snaps and it has a couple of nice set pieces. The mix of elaborate computer generated effects in the macro, with charmingly clunky handcrafted stuff on the smaller scale is really working for me.

As someone who's become increasingly weary of the increasingly complex convoluted nature of tv plotting, this show's ultra concise script is just what I needed.

And on to the next one.

Zarlak

Yeah, took me a while to figure out who devildude was. Was sure i knew him. Then i saw it was Clancy Brown!
Yeah, it took me a while to realise it was Clancy Brown too. The Twilek girl was Natalia Tena from Game of Thrones/Harry Potter. The Twilek dude played Mando on Sesame Street which is a fun fact. It was great to see Mark Boone Jr, he was great in SoA and it took me longer than it should have to realise that Richard Ayoade was voicing the droid. Also the human guy in the camera room they debated killing is the voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Yeah, it took me a while to realise it was Clancy Brown too. The Twilek girl was Natalia Tena from Game of Thrones/Harry Potter. The Twilek dude played Mando on Sesame Street which is a fun fact. It was great to see Mark Boone Jr, he was great in SoA and it took me longer than it should have to realise that Richard Ayoade was voicing the droid. Also the human guy in the camera room they debated killing is the voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars.
And the three X-wing pilots are the three directors of the show.

Un4givableB

I wanted to like this, but honestly it's just a bit boring and rote.
This

If this show didn't have the 'Star Wars ' badge it would have been put out of its misery, watching it is like doing homework.

Sylar

Thought the latest ep was the best one. Just felt fun watching.

If you take away the Star Wars name, I think this would be a fun new show to watch. I like that not every episode has a cliffhanger and the length of each episode is good too. Makes me want more but doesnt make me want the ep to just end.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought the latest ep was the best one. Just felt fun watching.

If you take away the Star Wars name, I think this would be a fun new show to watch. I like that not every episode has a cliffhanger and the length of each episode is good too. Makes me want more but doesnt make me want the ep to just end.
You'd have Firefly basically.... and at least with the Star Wars name people will actually watch this.

Also 30 minute episode lengths are great... I swear every show wants to be an hour these days, and half the time they don't need to be.

Zarlak

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/mandalorian-episode-6-review-1202197284/

This review basically sums up my feelings. The first few episodes were pretty good, but the formula is getting stale. I also have no idea why the budget is so large; the best thing about the show are the costumes, and they shouldn't cost that much.
Struggled to get through that review, pretentious self indulgent waffle where a lot of what is complained about is actually logical common sense presented as something inherently negative.

Sylar

So looks like episode out today (earlier than normal).

Sylar

Wwwwwwhat?
Believe they didnt want it coming out the same time as the new Star Wars movie, so made it earlier (think they will do a post credit promo for the movie). But all good :)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good episode.

thought the droid would save Kuill, but no :(

Hope Baby Yoda chokes out every stormtrooper next episode

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I really liked this episode. The good news is that this director is doing the Obi-Wan show next year.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've not seen last weeks episode yet. Had plenty of time, but honestly, the show is just meh to me. It feels like an 80s show, as in, extremely box ticking formulaic.

Wake me up when it gets better.