Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

evil_geko

Yep, another great episode that confirms how Deborah Chow is a great choice for upcoming Obi Wan series, she really is doing a great job.

And about "formulaic", that is done consciously, show is filled with predictable tropes but tropes done right for fan service.

Last edited:

Sanche7

I've not seen last weeks episode yet. Had plenty of time, but honestly, the show is just meh to me. It feels like an 80s show, as in, extremely box ticking formulaic.

Wake me up when it gets better.
Agree

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yep, another great episode that confirms how Deborah Chow is a great choice for upcoming Obi Wan series, she really is doing a great job.

And about "formulaic", that is done consciously, show is filled with predictable tropes but tropes done right for fan service.
I agree, for the most part.
Don’t tase me, @Redlambs ...;)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Liked the latest episode. The plot becomes bigger and I see a shakeup of cast in the works now.

Next episode will be season finale, so expect the show to change focus, perhaps move away from current setting.

Good old fashioned action adventure series. Screw the haters!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
We lost Herzog for Esposito? That's disappointing. As we know basically nothing about the Client, makes little sense to introduce another baddie. Guess producers couldn't persuade Werner to commit to another season.

Action scenes are still a mess in the show.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We lost Herzog for Esposito? That's disappointing. As we know basically nothing about the Client, makes little sense to introduce another baddie. Guess producers couldn't persuade Werner to commit to another season.

I liked it in the way that they were completely wrong about Herzog dying being the end of it.

Now we know it's a larger operation, his character becomes needless anyway.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

What more did we need to know about the Client? He's ex-Empire and clearly a progenitor of the First Order.

I liked it in the way that they were completely wrong about Herzog dying being the end of it.

Now we know it's a larger operation, his character becomes needless anyway.
Presumably it's a bit like Hitler's circle of trust, where they are all vying to be favourite.

Ramos

Best episode yet. It's back on track. 4, 5 and 6 felt a lot like filler. By the way, Carl Weathers is still amazing and it's not just the nostalgia talking.

This is set after Return of the Jedi. Imagine what could have been.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This show needs expansion of plot badly, while everything else is decent.

Just glad I don't have to hear about Skywalkers or who's my father. Hopefully the show will keep it's own way doing stuff, that's all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Best episode yet. It's back on track. 4, 5 and 6 felt a lot like filler. By the way, Carl Weathers is still amazing and it's not just the nostalgia talking.

This is set after Return of the Jedi. Imagine what could have been.
Not sure they were filler, they were all about introducing new characters. I personally dont mind the main story of baby Yoda being a slow burner, if every episode was about him/her then it would get repetitive fairly quickly.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just watched chapter 6. On the verge of quiting this honestly. It has all the depth of a cartoon network show. I do positively fecking hate Bill Burr though.

mu4c_20le

Just watched chapter 6. On the verge of quiting this honestly. It has all the depth of a cartoon network show. I do positively fecking hate Bill Burr though.
WTF! Him and Osha were the only good things about that episode. If you hated him then i can see how you'd want to quit. It's all about the guest stars for me at this point.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
WTF! Him and Osha were the only good things about that episode. If you hated him then i can see how you'd want to quit. It's all about the guest stars for me at this point.
I just really dislike Bill Burr. Who was Osha, the Twi Lek who's only lines were growling in frustration?

OohAahMartial

Is it too late to recall Rise of Skywalker, and, feck it, all the prequels and sequels, and get the Mandalorian crew to do them all afresh?

Sylar

Loved that finale. Great episode, and the show has done a good job of making me care about a droid.

Sets up nicely for season 2 as well with that ending.
Taikka Waititi did a great job directing that episode. Probably the best one of the whole show.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Excellent episode, best of the season & a lot of fun. Unsurprising that Taika was the one who directed that.

The ending was great... can’t wait to see where they go with it & explain how he ended up with it.

Overall a very good first season.

Simbo

Exactly my thoughts after ep 6, it is a Disney cartoon dressed up as something else. Not necessarily a bad one but was hoping for something more.

Forced myself to watch ep 7 cos I'd really nothing better to do and immediately put on ep 8, they focus on the main plot and are a lot more interesting.

Traub

I thought that was a great finale. I cared more about a droid than those from the latest trilogy :lol:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The Mandalorians recruited a little differently in the old canon
(specifically around 5:40)
And also fought war differently.

Sylar

My fav part of that episode (aside from the little childish giggles from baby yoda) was:

the vulnerability of the mandalorian showing his face to a droid (and us obv), something hes hated all his life but something that became his saviour. Seeing the glimpse of Pedro was cool.

mu4c_20le

Two best things about this episode: Carl Weathers, and the fact that it was twice as long. But like the rest of the season, it takes zero risks, to the point where it feels like a waste of a powerful actor like Giancarlo Esposito.

And that final shot of him emerging from the wreckage was just :lol:

AaronRedDevil

Binged it all today with my friend and then went to see ROS. Good day, all star wars! Really enjoyed the mandalorian, mando was badass and baby Yoda is officially the cutest fecking thing I've ever seen, couldn't stop watching him. Nick nolte character was good. And the robot, GB-11? He was a good thing to add. Everything came around nicely. Weird seeing the stormtroopers act normal and just chat shit.

When the stormers trooper punched baby Yoda I howled :lol: :lol: :lol: . Also got a bit giddy when Gus emerges from the wreckage with the Sword saber thing from Clone Wars. Overall I'dgive it an 8/10

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Binged it all today with my friend and then went to see ROS. Good day, all star wars! Really enjoyed the mandalorian, mando was badass and baby Yoda is officially the cutest fecking thing I've ever seen, couldn't stop watching him. Nick nolte character was good. And the robot, GB-11? He was a good thing to add. Everything came around nicely. Weird seeing the stormtroopers act normal and just chat shit.

When the stormers trooper punched baby Yoda I howled :lol: :lol: :lol: . Also got a bit giddy when Gus emerges from the wreckage with the Sword saber thing from Clone Wars. Overall I'dgive it an 8/10
I believe one of the troopers was Taika.