Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Back to normal this week, excellent episode.

Confirming Mando was trained by Death Watch & the reveal of Bo-Katan was cool (although, I was hoping it would be Sabine). The way they fought the Stormtroopers reminded me a bit of A New Hope with a handful of people taking on the Empire & the gunfight in a confined space on a ship.

Hopefully we get to see more of Bo-Katan later this season. Maybe Bo-Katan & the Mandalorians we saw from season 1 that were taught the ways of Death Watch, will team up against Moff Gideon to reclaim the Darksaber and unite Mandalore

Cannot wait to see Ahsoka!!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Confirming Mando was trained by Death Watch & the reveal of Bo-Katan was cool (although, I was hoping it would be Sabine). The way they fought the Stormtroopers reminded me a bit of A New Hope with a handful of people taking on the Empire & the gunfight in a confined space on a ship.

Hopefully we get to see more of Bo-Katan later this season. Maybe Bo-Katan & the Mandalorians we saw from season 1 that were taught the ways of Death Watch, will team up against Moff Gideon to reclaim the Darksaber and unite Mandalore

Ffs man, at least write spoiler alert. I didn't watch it yet. :(

Sylar

Didn't realise the big uproar last week just cos the Child ate some fantasy frog eggs

Sasha Banks was decent. Really fun episode
I like the format of the show

Sandyman

Only gripe was that it was only half an hour long. We need full hour long episodes dammit!

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
if anyone remembers from clone wars - didn't the death watch leader also routinely remove his helmet?

forevrared

Maybe it's because I was a huge fan of Rebels and the Clone Wars animated shows, but this had to be in the running for my favorite episode so far. I lost my shit when Bo Katan reached out to Mando and I thought Katee Sackhoff was excellent in live action and I'm glad they let her reprise the role.

As a side note, I thought it was interesting they chose an entirely different planet to Mon Cala to be inhabited by Quarren and Mon Calamari - but absolutely loved the setting. The Mon Calamari in the fisherman's sweater was hilarious to me for some reason.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

if anyone remembers from clone wars - didn't the death watch leader also routinely remove his helmet?
It was Bo Katan that was in Death Watch along with Pre Viszla, clashing with her sister Satine. Djin's sect might have the sigil for Death Watch but split away from everything as an extremist group.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
This show is growing on me very quickly, especially the soundtracks.

I knew it was Bo-Katan the moment they landed on that ship. Hype! I hope they delve deeper into her character with throwbacks to her unresolved relationship with Satine (references to Obi Wan, please?).
Can't wait for Mando to meet Ahsoka Tano. Not the first time she's come across the Death Watch or the Darksaber.

Also love the way Din has also been identified with the Death Watch (somewhat). A redemption arc has been long overdue for the traditional Clone Wars Maul-enabling baddies - Bo-Katan alone wasn't enough.

Heardy

I watched episode 3 last night and loved it.

But hearing you nerds (joke) talking about Bo-Katan, Satine, the death watch, clans and planet settings, half of the magic of the story must be going straight over my head!

I know so little about the star wars universe I imagine there is so much I’m simply missing by note being able to connect the dots.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This show is growing on me very quickly, especially the soundtracks.

I knew it was Bo-Katan the moment they landed on that ship. Hype! I hope they delve deeper into her character with throwbacks to her unresolved relationship with Satine (references to Obi Wan, please?).
Can't wait for Mando to meet Ahsoka Tano. Not the first time she's come across the Death Watch or the Darksaber.

Also love the way Din has also been identified with the Death Watch (somewhat). A redemption arc has been long overdue for the traditional Clone Wars Maul-enabling baddies - Bo-Katan alone wasn't enough.
The theme tune is amazing. Had it stuck in my head for days.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Are all of those characters from the animated series? Or is it the books?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is The Clone Wars actually worth watching? There are a LOT of episodes.
Yes! They probably could’ve cut some of the episodes in earlier seasons as there were a few fillers which IMO didn’t really add much, but overall it’s definitely worth watching.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just caught up on this, love it. I also love that episodes are not too long, think they got the lengths just about right.

Simbo

I'm basically watching this show just for its potential, that ep was a step in the right direction!

Spark

Like watching someone do endless side quests in Skyrim or something. Really enjoyable, going to wiki the shit out of all these back story characters.

Helmet on or off though, who is correct?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Loving it all so far. Don't care if there's filler episodes, they're still good fun.

Simbo

Right direction for?
An interesting story. They keep teasing that there might be one, there blummin well should be one with all the material they have to work with, we ain't got one yet though. Its just an episodic kids cartoon for the most part up to now, which is all well and good, I'm just hoping for more!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Binged through the first 3...Great stuff, really glad they've continued with the "story of the week" kind of format, makes for entertaining stand alone episode.

Loved Bosch turning up in that last one.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yes! They probably could’ve cut some of the episodes in earlier seasons as there were a few fillers which IMO didn’t really add much, but overall it’s definitely worth watching.
For sure. It really just breezes by. I’ve seen it suggested to just skip the first season and you will not lose much, but I have plenty of time on my hands so I didn’t need to.

Green_Red

Starbuck! Bosch! Faces and names from everywhere.

That episode was more like it.
Which one was it? I watched 1 and then turned off 2 because I heard that mapper from IT crowd voicing a droid being used as a communication device by a giant fish. Not hitting the mark. But if you're saying it gets better?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Which one was it? I watched 1 and then turned off 2 because I heard that mapper from IT crowd voicing a droid being used as a communication device by a giant fish. Not hitting the mark. But if you're saying it gets better?
E3, marked improvement. I’m more optimistic for the rest of the season after being discouraged by E2.