Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anyone else react similar to this guy?

Me neither.
:lol: there was another episode earlier where he also broke down in tears (possibly the Ahsoka episode)

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Hm... Ahsoka is 45. I thought she’d be older since she was introduced back in Clone Wars. My SW chronology was all over the place.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Hm... Ahsoka is 45. I thought she’d be older since she was introduced back in Clone Wars. My SW chronology was all over the place.
3 years between AOTC and ROTS. 19 years between ROTS and ANH, 4 between ANH and ROTJ. 5 years between ROTJ and Mandalorian.

AOTC was 22-19 BBY, Mandalorian is 9 ABY. So 31/28 years between Mandalorian and her appearance in the Clone Wars, so she was between 14/17 depending on the date she appeared in the Clone Wars.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Ahsoka isn't human though, so her age can mean whatever writers want.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
For those who saw how good Filoni's writing was on the last three episodes of The Clone Wars this year will not have been surprised that he brought this season to the conclusion that it has. Favreau deserves immense credit for the superb direction, but the brains behind the magic is Filoni. It's no coincidence that Filoni's two properties, Clone Wars and Mandalorian are the only two properties of this current period to truly capture the magic of Lucas' vision of SW.

Filoni is the heir apparent, plain and simple. No one gets it better than he does. No one gets Lucas's world-building vision like he does. If Disney are clever they'll make Filoni a big part of the writing process for future movies/trilogies and not just tv series.
He is what Kevin Feige is to marvel, he just understands star wars.

Oldyella

Anyone else react similar to this guy?

Me neither.
No, but I can understand it, a call back to your childhood etc.

I did get emotional at his removing the mask and Grogu touching his face while letting him go though.

NM

OK some explain the timeline to me with this show.

Before "The Force Awakens" but after "Return of the Jedi". It has to be significantly before TFA because Luke is still young and still has his xwing.

But Boba Fetts son now has his armour?

Is it the immediate aftermath of ROTJ?
Your second bullet is wrong. It's not his son. It's him. He's back. I think it's about 5 years after ROTJ

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Gonna bosh this using the free month with Game Pass. First thoughts are how good the sound is. Mixed beautifully.

Sylar

I was shocked when I read her age at the start of Agents of Shield. She still looks great

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Watched it last Friday. Had to read the last 5 pages to see whether people reacted similarly to me.

Most of you did :lol:

Literal chills down my spine. Felt as if I was 6 years old again.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
We just binged both series and loved it. The best Star War since the original trilogy.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
That's about right.
I've been trying to download Hal9000's prequel fanedit (google "Reddit Hal9000 Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Fan Edits")but haven't been able to download it so far

But maybe these fanedits will make them watchable

I did download a fanedit that turns the prequel trilogy into a kind-of future punk film but it's very rough.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
We just binged both series and loved it. The best Star War since the original trilogy.
Was just saying that to my 15 year old son, he has only watched season 1 of the Mandalorian so far and is a big fan of the original Star Wars trilogy. I loved every minute of every episode and that ending in season 2, wow.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not reading the thread til I’m done so have no idea what the general consensus is, but my impression half way through the first series is that it’s very well made, but suffers from trying to provide epic Star Wars moments constantly and therefore doesn’t have much substance?

The sound constantly wows me though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ok the last 2 episodes and especially the last one was awesome. Did not see that coming.

This is also the first thing I've ever seen Starbuck in after Battlestar Galactica.

Sylar

Ok the last 2 episodes and especially the last one was awesome. Did not see that coming.

This is also the first thing I've ever seen Starbuck in after Battlestar Galactica.
She's comes in the flash and is very very campy over the top.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Damn this show really exceeded my expectations.. Very cool! Really curious how they will proceed in S3.

Because of my enthousiasm I started watching the animated series The Clone Wars.. If you are into the Star Wars universe.. Very big recommendations for this from my side (even though Ive only gotten half ways season 2 so far..) Very much enjoying this!

cyberman

Not reading the thread til I’m done so have no idea what the general consensus is, but my impression half way through the first series is that it’s very well made, but suffers from trying to provide epic Star Wars moments constantly and therefore doesn’t have much substance?

The sound constantly wows me though.
Im in the same boat here. Theres a lot of filler so far but its enjoyable filler.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Damn this show really exceeded my expectations.. Very cool! Really curious how they will proceed in S3.

Because of my enthousiasm I started watching the animated series The Clone Wars.. If you are into the Star Wars universe.. Very big recommendations for this from my side (even though Ive only gotten half ways season 2 so far..) Very much enjoying this!
Yeah The Clone Wars is great. Ive recently started watching it again. First time I did there were only 3 seasons, now there's like 8.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah The Clone Wars is great. Ive recently started watching it again. First time I did there were only 3 seasons, now there's like 8.
Yeah, loved TCW, especially from season 3 onwards. Rebels is decent as well after the pretty boring first season.

GazTheLegend

I loved this. Every episode felt like a self contained film in itself (which could be a criticism in some ways I suppose) but it's epic, and the overarching plot is proper Star Wars melodrama/fairy tale stuff. Fantastic ending too.

I felt certain lines deliberately and hilariously cast shade on the embarassing JJ Abrams / Rian Johnson films and the way the series has gone (seemingly purposefully omitting -every single aspect- of the Disney films, the 'first order' and the weird changes in character of the original heroes) could lead to a retcon of that particular canon, and that would make the Mandalorian my favourite series of all time :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Binged both series over Christmas and wow I absolutely loved it.

I think what's most impressive is even if you've never seen star wars you'd enjoy it from the first moment, it stands alone very well.

I felt proper sad with the ending, they build their relationship so well.

They surely can't be writing him out of it totally so will be interesting to see how they can continue that in S3.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
That CGI face made me want to vomit. Why not just have an actor play the role made up to look alike. Hell a Muppet would have been preferable. A show that has been so visually impressive to end on that is really odd.

Overall an excellent show, although it became less interesting for me the more Star Warsy it became. A good place to end it.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I loved this. Every episode felt like a self contained film in itself (which could be a criticism in some ways I suppose) but it's epic, and the overarching plot is proper Star Wars melodrama/fairy tale stuff. Fantastic ending too.

I felt certain lines deliberately and hilariously cast shade on the embarassing JJ Abrams / Rian Johnson films and the way the series has gone (seemingly purposefully omitting -every single aspect- of the Disney films, the 'first order' and the weird changes in character of the original heroes) could lead to a retcon of that particular canon, and that would make the Mandalorian my favourite series of all time :lol:
For a show you loved you sure as hell missed a lot. Did you not pick up no all the hints towards the first order forming? And did you also miss the clones in the tanks? You know who that likely is, yes?

GazTheLegend

For a show you loved you sure as hell missed a lot. Did you not pick up no all the hints towards the first order forming? And did you also miss the clones in the tanks? You know who that likely is, yes?
Of course I didn't miss the clones, nor the "m-count" stuff (and the implications are obvious at any rate) but there was literally nothing about the "First Order" that I can remember? What 'hints'? The Outer Rim as a throwaway line is all I can think of - but the BIGGER hint, the absolute "in your face" holy shittola name they mentioned was that of THRAWN, which surely implies a shift towards Star Wars Legends canon. Do you know who that is?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Of course I didn't miss the clones, nor the "m-count" stuff (and the implications are obvious at any rate) but there was literally nothing about the "First Order" that I can remember? What 'hints'? The Outer Rim as a throwaway line is all I can think of - but the BIGGER hint, the absolute "in your face" holy shittola name they mentioned was that of THRAWN, which surely implies a shift towards Star Wars Legends canon. Do you know who that is?
The clones are snoke prototypes. Unless you have another theory? So, how the heck is that ignoring the ST?

In the (i think) second to last episode of S2 one of the officers gives a speech about bringing ORDER to the galaxy. It could not have been more clear what that meant. Other officers also have first order insignia.

And as for Thrawn, he is now a canon character who has been used in rebels. So why wouldn't they use him here? Makes sense.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm not crazy about Star Wars but I've watched all this over the last couple of weeks, and it was great. There's probably a lot that went over my head as I've only seen the original 3 (a long time ago) and the phantom menace.

There is not a better TV bad guy actor than Giancarlo Esposito. Bill Burr has got serious acting chops too, whilst also being very much him. He was very good in the two episodes he appeared.

The final episode was excellent, but I was a little underwhelmed by the dark troopers. I wanted to see them go apeshit for a bit before being defeated. They were very easily disposed of, twice.