Film The Matrix Resurrections

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i really liked resurrections. up until the point i watched it, the worst thing i’d ever seen was my dad collapsing and dying. thankfully matrix 4 has taken the mantle of that and will be what i think of when i think of the worst thing i’ve seen. my sincerest thanks to all involved.

cafecillos

I was a huge Matrix fan back in the day, nonsensical plot points and over the top aesthetic choices included, and I even thoroughly enjoyed both Reloaded (the film I've watched most times in my life) and Revolutions. Even so, I was sure this would be pointless at best. And I was quite surprised by how engrossed I was during more or less the first third of the film (all the meta stuff), I was finding it rather intriguing, but nope, they very obviously didn't know where to go with that or how to actually integrate it in the plot, so they just threw it all away and turned it into let's-rescue-someone-again bollocks. Also, the visuals, some 20 years later, are no better in any way than any of the previous 3 films (maybe the budget was relatively modest?), so it doesn't even work as a spectacle either. 4,5/10

Sylar

Finally seen this a year of so after it came out. was hoping to see it in the cinema, didn't and then just didn't until tonight.

It was ...ok? It wasn't horrible but elements were kinda boring . I actually enjoyed the beginning part. I assume the new place was shown with another sequel in mind because otherwise, if not, that whole part with jada could have been taken out no?

It was seeing agent Smith , that wasn't the original Smith despite ... Well the purpose of agent Smith. Again, kinda wasn't needed.

Morpheus was weird too. Kinda useless.

I didn't mind some of the new characters. The movie was longer than it needed to be. It passed time well for me without me wanting to turn it off so that's a positive.

The two main characters looked great. The rage song cover at the end. Not great at all

lsd

The Oracle
I liked the first one but the second and third were terrible. Did anyone really think the fourth would be any better?

Sylar

I didn't but I found it better than expected.
Yeah, it was better than I expected and not as good as the trailer made it seem.

The action was the biggest disappointment. JW4 was better matrix4 than the actual matrix4.

Helicopters disappearing so neo and trinity can kiss, then appearing again was weird AF

lsd

The Oracle
To me it was never really a film that needed sequels anyway.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Rewatched this week.

It’s somehow worse the second time around. The sound is utterly awful. The Neil Patrick Harris scene is gratuitous nonsense. It thinks it’s clever and it’s anything but.

First time round I thought it was shit. Second time round I think it wastes the IP to a degree that the DC writers have never came close to, and they get both barrels from everyone.

It’s just complete tosh in every area.

cafecillos

I was mildly intrigued by the "meta" gimmick of the first few minutes, but nothing whatsoever came of it, they very clearly didn't know how to actually integrate it into the main "storyline".

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
They needed to keep it like the first half of the film, at least there was a kernel of an interesting idea there. The second half was just absolute shite and even the action was bland.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I'm not surprised the studios won't let either of the Wachowskis go anywhere near directing the next one.
One Mount Rushmore movie.
Two chaotic indulgences.
One fever dream.

Those folks really fcuked it.

Sylar

It's gotta focus on that new place that was shown in 4 right? Like they were doing some sort of world building type thing.

Tbh fifth is meh unless they have the original three anyway. I'll probably watch it at the same time am not as interested as I was for the announcement of number 4 (which still took me ages to watch)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's gotta focus on that new place that was shown in 4 right? Like they were doing some sort of world building type thing.

Tbh fifth is meh unless they have the original three anyway. I'll probably watch it at the same time am not as interested as I was for the announcement of number 4 (which still took me ages to watch)
It’s the easiest franchise to reboot. All new cast, seventh iteration of the Matrix. They can pretty much make it as a reboot of the original movie before taking the second/third act in a new direction with entirely new laws and rules of the matrix with it being a continuation of the narrative outside the matrix. Best of all it can still be canon due to the nature of the matrix getting rebooted etc.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The only thing the 4th one achieved is making the 2nd and 3rd seem not so bad by comparison. Up there with Independence Day 2 where its hard to believe it was created by an actual full grown adult.

Should just be left well alone unless doing a reboot from scratch, and even then,probably just don't.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm down for a reboot exploring the themes again through new eyes, the last few have been disappointing

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Rewatched this week.

It’s somehow worse the second time around. The sound is utterly awful. The Neil Patrick Harris scene is gratuitous nonsense. It thinks it’s clever and it’s anything but.
Yup, re-watched this weekend and it's a lot worse than what I recalled.

Sylar

It’s the easiest franchise to reboot. All new cast, seventh iteration of the Matrix. They can pretty much make it as a reboot of the original movie before taking the second/third act in a new direction with entirely new laws and rules of the matrix with it being a continuation of the narrative outside the matrix. Best of all it can still be canon due to the nature of the matrix getting rebooted etc.
Agree with your points. I think if you bring people back it's gotta be everyone. Otherwise a complete reboot and story told from another perspective or a different story could be interesting