Film The Matrix Resurrections

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Didnt one of the movies (2 or 3) have like a rave dance scene that seemed to last for about half an hour.
And then the KFC colonel scene that was a proper WTF.
He reminded me of that Friends episode when Joey uses Microsoft Word's synonym options to change every word in his document so he sounds more intelligent, including signing off the letter with "Yours, Baby Kangaroo".

Sweet Square

Didn't they just run out of Grant Morrison ideas to knick after the first movie ? Which is why the other 2 are kind of boring shite.

Raven

I think so too. He turns up for twenty minutes, the new folk are the main characters, everyone thinks "wtf are they doing?" And then it reminds everyone of Black Widow, which is cool because it reminds everyone of Scarlett Johansson, which reminds me of smearing jam over Scarlett Johansson. And then it's a simple "pop", cheeky wank, and off to bed.
I laughed way too hard at this.

Sylar

He reminded me of that Friends episode when Joey uses Microsoft Word's synonym options to change every word in his document so he sounds more intelligent, including signing off the letter with "Yours, Baby Kangaroo".
:lol: that’s the best (but entirely accurate) description of the trilogy I’ve ever seen.
You're on fire :lol:
Thankfully not literally

No. They were like bad fan-fiction.
I reckon fan fiction would have been better, even the bad versions

Zen86

:lol:

That felt like a different movie altogether.

The only thing I remember from the sequels are mostly bad stuff.

The only good thing i remember is the twins who looked like 2003 David Beckham.
The car chase scene with the twins was quite cool, it was the best thing that came out of 2 and 3. The rest was gash.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Will be interesting to see what angle they take with this new film.

Wing Attack Plan R

You're on fire :lol:
Thankfully not literally

I reckon fan fiction would have been better, even the bad versions
If the Wachowskis had disappeared off the face of the earth right after The Matrix came out they would have been lionized as total visionaries and masters of the art. However, they’ve churned out nothing but garbage since then and it makes me wonder how they got Bound and The Matrix so amazingly right and then displayed all the sensibilities of a crackhead after.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If the Wachowskis had disappeared off the face of the earth right after The Matrix came out they would have been lionized as total visionaries and masters of the art. However, they’ve churned out nothing but garbage since then and it makes me wonder how they got Bound and The Matrix so amazingly right and then displayed all the sensibilities of a crackhead after.
Stole most of the ideas and story from Sophia Stewart didn't they?

Wing Attack Plan R

Stole most of the ideas and story from Sophia Stewart didn't they?
I'm not sure if you're being serious or ironic. In any case, I had to look up who Sophia Stewart even was. She is like many people who claim Hollywood stole their big ideas, and most of the things written about her are based on a factually inaccurate and faulty article written by a 2nd year student.
An article in Black Excellence about it: https://blackexcellence.com/sophia-stewart/
Here it is summed, a Snopes fact check: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sophia-stewart-matrix-lawsuit/

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

This got an exhale out the nostrils from me

Oldyella

OK, though that was an intriguing enough trailer, I'm in. Not that i wasnt already, but..

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I loved the original when I was younger. Didn't even mind the second and third but the last time I watched them was when I was about 14.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The second move has an odd vibe, kind of a cross between a superhero movie and a sci-fi action with a layer of cod psychology on top. It's ok to watch with some decent action sequences, but not as good as the original. It's way better than the third though, which I only have mercifully fleeting memories of.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
14 year old me just awoke

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The first half makes it look like almost a remake of the first film...have a feeling all that will probably be in the first 20 minutes of the actual film though.

That last scene did make me chuckle... "back to... THE MATRIX!! THATS THE NAME OF THIS FILM! THE MATRIX!!!"

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They literally just replaced Morpheus with a younger black guy.

Fishburne has been in most of the John Wick films with Keanu, wonder why he isn't in this.

passing-wind

I've not watched the trailer but I think the Matrix was perhaps intended as a singular film not a prequel. The vision and direction of the second and third installments was far away from the creative elements at work in the first film.

Also if you read about the amount of cast changes / difficulty with the circumstances regarding the role of tank, it seems much of the off screen drama influenced the poor cohesion in the latter movies.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
They even lifted character names from Neuromancer.
Don't mind that as a reference tbh. I think though that The Matrix is a series people didn't realise used lots of ideas that were already floating around for years before they made it. Nothing in it is very original and I've always thought of it as a pulpy comic-book movie made before comic-book movies descended into filthy trash. The whole thing is pretty much Necromancer, which itself is based on Baudrillard's concept of simulation/simulacra.

Edit - Sorry if this sounds snooty. I think they did a great job in terms of taking those ideas and putting them into a visually exciting film.

Unam333

Really nice trailer. It looks like the story will take place more inside of the Matrix than outside the Matrix, like in the 2nd and 3rd movie. That's a real positive.

Hyped.

Carrie-Ann Moss looks great.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Everything the Wachowskis have made since The Matrix has been terrible so I'm expecting this to be terrible.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Man, if only the 3rd movie wasnt a utter pile of steaming sh*t

1st was awesome, my fav movie as a kid
2nd was ok, not so much because of the plot but because the action sequences were stunning and i remember having a great time at the movies

Then the 3rd came... i remember everyone leaving the cinema with a disbelief, dissapointed face. "Wtf did we just watched?"

If the third was just ok as the 2nd one it could had been one of the best trilogies ever

Kinda hyped for the 4th film. At least let it be not garbage like the 2nd please

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Most of the lore and underlying philosophy of ontology and phenomenology of the Matrix is taken from the Landmark Forum (which the Wachowskis attended), which itself is a reboot of Werner Erhards EST training from the 70s.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Everything the Wachowskis have made since The Matrix has been terrible so I'm expecting this to be terrible.
If it'll have Ghost in the Machine with Scarlett Johansson level of movie making and pacing, it'll be already somekind of success.