Film The Matrix Resurrections

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What? I think you are going to be disappointed then :lol:
Nah for me they've done well to keep some core in Neo/Trinity and introduce new characters everywhere else. My guess is this is another iteration of the Matrix, perhaps one of the 1-6 where their work enables V7 to do it's thing.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I think I read that Weaving was done with the character a while back, while Fishburne probably doesn't have it in him to pull off the no-doubt extensive fight scenes. Reeves has proved himself still well capable of that in the Wicks.
I think this too. Weaving and Fishburne are much older gentlemen and probably wouldn't make sense for them here. I'm sure they'll be back in a role like Mark Hamill in the new Star Wars saga if this film is a success and they green light more.

Keanu on the other hand takes really good care of himself, I think he practices BJJ and MMA as a hobby anyway and has proven with John Wick series that he can pull off action scenes better than most Hollywood actors and still has that cult following of his.

I wanna know where that cnut Cypher is :lol:

Unam333

They need to do another Animatrix. Have to.

I believe that this fourth movie will be a lot better than the 2nd and 3rd. Not because the sequels were that bad (I like them btw), but because from the looks of it, the fourth movie goes back to basics and there will be less flying scenes.

We will see Neo interacting with regular people within the Matrix alot more than him doing his superman-thing and fly pass people and above cities. Personally, without Neo's ability to fly the sequels would have been alot better.

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Quite liked that trailer. Hopefully because they've already done the 'disappear up it's own arse' thing and got that out of the way this new one can just concentrate on the things that everybody loved about it.

Bosws87

Its gonna be awful, be great if it wasn't though do love the original!

Sweet Square

A lot of first Matrix is nicked stuff from Grant Morrison Invisibles. Can't find the link but this is old Morrison interview from 2005

DRE: This may be old news but was the controversy over The Matrix films being like The Invisibles blown out of proportion?

GM: It's really simple. The truth of that one is that design staff on The Matrix were given Invisibles collections and told to make the movie look like my books. This is a reported fact. The Wachowskis are comic book creators and fans and were fans of my work, so it's hardly surprising. I was even contacted before the first Matrix movie was released and asked if I would contribute a story to the website.

It's not some baffling 'coincidence' that so much of The Matrix is plot by plot, detail by detail, image by image, lifted from Invisibles so there shouldn't be much controversy. The Wachowskis nicked The Invisibles and everyone in the know is well aware of this fact but of course they're unlikely to come out and say it.

It was just too bad they deviated so far from the Invisibles philosophical template in the second and third movies because they blundered helplessly into boring Catholic theology, proving that they hadn't HAD the 'contact' experience that drove The Invisibles, and they wrecked both 'Reloaded' and 'Revolutions' on the rocks of absolute incomprehension. They should have kept on stealing from me and maybe they would have wound up with something to really be proud of - a movie that could change minds and hearts and worlds.

I love the first Matrix movie which I think is a real work of cinematic genius and very timely but I've now heard from several people who worked on The Matrix and they've all confirmed that they were given Invisibles books as reference. That's how it is. I'm not angry about it anymore, although at one time I was because they made millions from what was basically a Xerox of my work and to be honest, I would be happy with just one million so I didn't have to work thirteen hours of every ****ing day, including weekends.

In the end, I was glad they got the ideas out but very disappointed that they blew it so badly and distorted all the Gnostic transcendental aspects that made the first film so strong and potent. If they had any sense, they would have befriended me instead of pissing me off. They seem like nice boys.
:lol:

King level answer.

Sweet Square

unironically excited to risk omicron and watch this :)
A friend watched the trilogy for the first time a few months back and is very excited for this. So at the end of December I'm fully expecting a giant tsunami wave of Omicron to enter every single one of my pores as the packed audience cheers for the Mr. Anderson line.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Wooow - can't wait. It looks like this is the next iteration of the Matrix but for some reason Neo & Trinity have been resurrected (although it looks like Trinity might be 'the One' in this next iteration). Also, it looks like they'll do what they did with the Oracle with Morpheus and Agent Smith.

A lot of first Matrix is nicked stuff from Grant Morrison Invisibles. Can't find the link but this is old Morrison interview from 2005
:lol:

King level answer.
The Matrix has borrowed from a few sources - content wise the Grant Morrison Invisibles link is undeniable. The aesthetics people are saying they nicked from the Blade movie in the 90s. The underlying philosophical questions from the movie, i.e. what is reality, what is the nature of being, what is choice etc they borrowed heavily from the Landmark Forum (of which both the Wachowskis attended in the US). This was a new iteration of the EST training done by Werner Erhard in 70s.

Revan

Assumptionman
The trailer looks very good. However, I do not want to get excited about it, better no expectations and a great surprise, than high expectations and it sucking.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
V For Vendetta was a adaptation from Moore's comic book and a average one at that.

Sweet Square

The Matrix has borrowed from a few sources - content wise the Grant Morrison Invisibles link is undeniable. The aesthetics people are saying they nicked from the Blade movie in the 90s. The underlying philosophical questions from the movie, i.e. what is reality, what is the nature of being, what is choice etc they borrowed heavily from the Landmark Forum (of which both the Wachowskis attended in the US). This was a new iteration of the EST training done by Werner Erhard in 70s.
Oh thats a good shout, totally forgot about Blade. Tbh I don't really mind the very heavy handed borrowing as the most important thing is the end result and the first Matrix is pretty much a flawless film.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Nah, V For Vendetta was a decent film. Not amazing, but definitely enjoyable.
Good film I thought but you can always find stuff it's borrowed or adapted from and stuff that was borrowed from etc. Even first seeing it and having no idea of the source material I got massive 1984 vibes.

Same with the matrix really. I get the invisibles links but it clearly hasn't just copied it and it's clearly not the only material that it's borrowed ideas from. It's just how writing works when there's so much material already there.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Cant help but be really excited for this after watching the trailer 10 times. Yes the sequels weren't as good but I adore the first one. And the music in the trailer for the new film, tremendous.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Oh thats a good shout, totally forgot about Blade. Tbh I don't really mind the very heavy handed borrowing as the most important thing is the end result and the first Matrix is pretty much a flawless film.
Deffo - first one is a work of art. I watched it again recently for the first time in donkeys and it’s aged so well, and is still so pertinent given we’re living in a faux Matrix.

Charlie Foley

V For Vendetta was a adaptation from Moore's comic book and a average one at that.
Nah, V For Vendetta was a decent film. Not amazing, but definitely enjoyable.
I think there’s truth to what you’re both saying. It’s a decent movie (great cast!) but the comic book is so much better, and the changes they made in putting the film together really watered it down.