The McFred midfield duo

tjb

A non footballer and a thug. Just poor all round.
Sometimes in football it really is as simple as the players.
We signed really bad players under LVG, Ole and Mourinho.
This meant that despite years of spending, Lindelof, Maguire, Fred and Mctominay have started more games than any of the other players we have outside of Bruno for the last 4 years. Yet people somehow wonder how we aren't as bad as we have been.

Swedish_Plumber

Honestly mate. It’s turning into genuine disdain. Simple passes and they can’t make them, how can you play for Manchester United and not be able to pass the ball properly.
Totally. They have to be a clear sign that we are truly cursed surely? It’s baffling how we’ve gone from carrick and scholes to this.

Roboc7

Just so glad neither are starters anymore, let alone both, neither would get in Villa’s team. Don’t blame ETH for starting them tonight as he’s got to rest to players at some point.

No harm they are having poor seasons as might actually get rid of at least one in the summer.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Fred can see a pass, he just cannot execute it. Mctominah then just passes to the closest person to him everytime and has no vision.

Irwin99

He probably knows that but he had to rest Casemiro and Eriksen.
I wouldn’t be too critical of EtH picking them-they need games and our other players need a rest- but geez, i can be critical of their quality.

They do occasionally have good games when you think they can be useful squad players but these type of performances have happened way too often over the years. I can’t believe they are man united quality players and have been for over five years.

I’m loving my life

No

We should stop shopping at Lidl for Waitrose prices. If we’re going to pay Waitrose prices on wages then go to Waitrose

Oranges038

They really are awful footballers.

How they've been at Utd for as long as they have is baffling.

Redderp

Why the feck can’t EtH play them with Eriksen. He surely must be able to see that their main weakness is their passing. Or at least play them with Bruno. How can any manager look at McFred and DvB and think it’s a good idea to start them together in any match.

McFred + Donny is football terrorism…

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Said it in the McT thread but it's clear they're much much better when they're not playing next to each other.

When they can pass the ball to someone that isn't the other its automatically a lot better.