The Media is taking its pound of flesh.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Everybody knows Ole is going to get sacked.. The media know during these volatile times stories that might seem less credible are consumed readily. I've read recently:

A player came up to Ole during a team meeting and told him he was crap.

A player said Maguire is crap and shouldn't be captain

Fergie being called in to try and save Oles job

Fergie being Ole in.

Donny and Pogba shit in Oles manbag.

Ok maybe not the last one but you get the point.

It's open season on Ole and United right now. Consume the news with a critical eye.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
If Fergie is being called in to save Ole's job, then why wouldn't we just get another manager?

Matst1

I’ve taken a step back from United for now, after the Leicester game I was done and definitely wasn’t going to watch the Liverpool game. Now it’s a complete media blackout and I ignore most things football. I’ll come back to it but I refuse to observe the complete circus that is my club and the English media.

Teja

They're milking it for all it's worth and IMO that's a good thing because the club isn't going to listen to the fans anyway.

I want the media to go in even harder. Start writing stuff about why we're in this situation in the first place. Question the senior management on every single decision they git wrong.

Why is Woodward (an investment banker) in charge of footballing decisions?

Why did we get LvG and why did we follow up with Jose?

Why award a new contract to Ole?

Why not have a contingency plan? Why are you scrambling for a new manager now?

Why did you only start building the data science team? United is supposed to be best in class at whatever it took to run a modern club.

Why the nepotism? Why give Fletcher who had just finished his coaching badges a job almost equivalent to a DoF with no qualifications whatsoever?

I'm sure they can dig more.

The Red Thinker

The nepotism of having legends in directorial roles has worked well for Bayern. I don’t see a problem with that.
The rest of it is questionable.

Real Name

Things is, if board cared about this they'd let him go, now things will have to get a lot more uglier.
Ole is a running meme on the internet.

marcus agrippa

It's open season on Ole and United right now. Consume the news with a critical eye.
Why are you so willing to cut this club, and particularly its management, some slack?

I want the media going in two-footed, off the ground with an intent to do serious harm.

The board has demonstrated gross negligence over the past eight years, and is seemingly incapable of learning from its mistakes.

They've let a manager who conceded five goals at home to Liverpool, four before the half, and would have conceded more if Liverpool were up for it, continue in his job. What kind of message does that send? I still can't believe it.

They clearly don't care about us fans. They never did and never will.

Let the media have a field day!

reddevil1510

Everybody knows Ole is going to get sacked.. The media know during these volatile times stories that might seem less credible are consumed readily. I've read recently:

Fergie being Ole in.

With this board, I'm not so sure. The media will have a field day everytime we have a poor run. And if we know Ole, he will win the next 3 and will have a bust cycle somewhere and more ammunition to the media.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
They're milking it for all it's worth and IMO that's a good thing because the club isn't going to listen to the fans anyway.

I want the media to go in even harder. Start writing stuff about why we're in this situation in the first place. Question the senior management on every single decision they git wrong.

Why did you only start building the data science team? United is supposed to be best in class at whatever it took to run a modern club.

Why the nepotism? Why give Fletcher who had just finished his coaching badges a job almost equivalent to a DoF with no qualifications whatsoever?

All great questions and good things for the media to pursue.

iKnowNothing

A month or two ago, Arteta and Arsenal were generating clicks. Now it is Ole and Man Utd. A few months on, it could be the guy at Spurs or Poch or someone else. Media practically lives on/survives on gloom and doom.

Zen86

It’s always open season on Man United, it’s just a shame our “online fanbase” is the same.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’ve taken a step back from United for now, after the Leicester game I was done and definitely wasn’t going to watch the Liverpool game. Now it’s a complete media blackout and I ignore most things football. I’ll come back to it but I refuse to observe the complete circus that is my club and the English media.
And yet you still come and post here?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The nepotism of having legends in directorial roles has worked well for Bayern. I don’t see a problem with that.
Maybe its because Bayern are filthy rich in a farmer's league? The Bundesliga is Bayern fiefdom

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
@Desert Eagle Did you expect anything less?

Remember a lot of these so called 'football experts' have been milking a job off United (and the other big clubs) for many a year now. At the start of the 2019 / 2020 Season, Neil Custis was on TalkSport with Simon Jordan when the latter used to host an evening show. Jordan is a bit marmite to some people but to be fair to him, he called Custis and other red top hacks like John Cross, Chris Wheeler, Iain Ladyman out saying their stories are often inaccurate and also with an agenda. Custis reply was it is not their job to report the news, them days are long gone, it's their job to create the news.

Then you take it a few years down the line, where you have 'expert fan views' on SkySports from media companies fronted by Mark Fekkin Goldbridge whos not even a United fan.

The whole media circus is a fantasy land, a pantomime, a fugazi. Avoid the drama, have a better life.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Winning, losing, meltdown..ing? It will always be the same outcome. We sell papers, and generate clicks. Tier 1,2,3, all the way up to mystic meg using the force on tea leaves, they all know this. And they all push it. "Its understood...", "Sources close to...", etc. As well as the best trick going. The daily mail puts out "The sun reports that...". Meanwhile, the sun puts out "The daily mail has reported that...". Same story, using each other as the source for peddling this shit.

But heres something that really happened. Ole jerks off to pictures of gold fish. Its totally true! My goldfish, Tommy, told me. And hes every bit as reliable as the daily mail or the sun. So enjoy your scoop, fellas. You read it here first. Now please, dont forget to follow me or sub to my instagram, facebook, bebo(yes, its still a thing), reddit, youtube, myspace, and smash all the like buttons. Tommy the gold fish will be so happy...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
You just cant compere the set ups, ownership structure is just the start. Bayern have a different model

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
@Desert Eagle Did you expect anything less?

Remember a lot of these so called 'football experts' have been milking a job off United (and the other big clubs) for many a year now. At the start of the 2019 / 2020 Season, Neil Custis was on TalkSport with Simon Jordan when the latter used to host an evening show. Jordan is a bit marmite to some people but to be fair to him, he called Custis and other red top hacks like John Cross, Chris Wheeler, Iain Ladyman out saying their stories are often inaccurate and also with an agenda. Custis reply was it is not their job to report the news, them days are long gone, it's their job to create the news.

Then you take it a few years down the line, where you have 'expert fan views' on SkySports from media companies fronted by Mark Fekkin Goldbridge whos not even a United fan.

The whole media circus is a fantasy land, a pantomime, a fugazi. Avoid the drama, have a better life.
Well put and no I didn't expect anything less. Just a friendly reminder that things will kick into overdrive the next couple weeks and United fans should be on fraudulence alert.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
To be honest if they have asked for honest feedback then Maguire captaincy being questioned isn’t that surprising. We all have reservations about it from day one. And when the mood is not good these leaks happen.
Most of these leaks are from good journalist so we can’t dismiss it saying it’s false.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Because we've a largely delusional fan base who still thinks Ole will come good and that he's setting us up nicely for the future.

Fact is the club is rotten all the way from the top and beyond spending money, the top management has no little to no competency in anything else. We're a club still living in the 90s and thinking that us being Man Utd will allow us to just show up and win. Players are poorly prepared for games and it's showing in our poor performance for years.

Pretty sure the likes of Woodward loves our deadline transfer dealings because it generates loads of social media traffic and they use that to sell the club to sponsors.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Agree completely. Perhaps media pressure can make these utter morons realise how far the club has fallen, as pathetic a reality as that is.

I want the media going in two-footed, off the ground with an intent to do serious harm.
:lol: classic

ShinjiNinja26

Have all of these proven to be untrue? A lot of these leaks and quotes are coming from journalists with strong connections to the club. There may be some bullshit thrown in there but it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of it was true.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Easy to kick us when we're down, especially when the club ruined a lot of people's childhoods.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s the boards fault. Oles position is untenable and of course this type of stuff would come out. It happens every time a manager is sacked at any club, except we haven’t sacked him yet. We’re torturing the poor man at this point.

LoneStar

Cretins do cretin stuff, shocker. Seriosuly, how can we even pretend to be surprised by the media anymore? They are a bunch of rags that bullshit whatever generates engagement.

When your "work" relies on shady sources of sources and when you have zero repercussions if you blatantly publish lies, you can't take it seriously.

LoneStar

It’s the boards fault. Oles position is untenable and of course this type of stuff would come out. It happens every time a manager is sacked at any club, except we haven’t sacked him yet. We’re torturing the poor man at this point.
I mean, if it's that much torture, he could just forgo his millions in payout and resign. Don't get me wrong, the club are jackasses to not do the obvious, but let's not pretend like he is shackled by the club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I mean, if it's that much torture, he could just forgo his millions in payout and resign. Don't get me wrong, the club are jackasses to not do the obvious, but let's not pretend like he is shackled by the club.
I’m just trying to point out how bad the situation is and yet we’re still in a position where he is the manager. Regardless of what you think he should do, the board shouldn’t have let it come to this.

LoneStar

I’m just trying to point out how bad the situation is and yet we’re still in a position where he is the manager. Regardless of what you think he should do, the board shouldn’t have let it come to this.
The trick is to never underestimate the stupidity of this board. I mean, we have found a way to be one of the biggest spenders in recent years without actually winning anything. It's almost impressive :lol:

Offsideagain

Well so they should. This is Manchester United, not Watford. We are supposed to be the biggest club in the worls whatever that means. The Spanish have loads of papers dedicated to Real and Barca. What we have is nothing compared to them. I imagine most of it is bollocks and some planted by agents looking for a better deal for their player. If Ole has three games to keep his job is true, then the board are more stupid than I first thought. Potentially, we could be a further six points of the lace and struggling in the CL. Keep Thursday nights free. I can’t see how he can turn this team around to be honest, I really can’t. He should have been sacked after the Europa League fiasco.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Fergie being Ole in.

Embelished? All I saw was that the player questioned why Maguire was made captain upon his arrival. Nothing to do with his ability. This is how rumours are started

Irwin99

Same happened with Moyes, LVG and Jose. It's the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in the world and there are massive expectations. We'll be back, it might just take awhile though :(