The Media Targeting Greenwood

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I can't forgive him because at 36 years old I've had and survived covid. Now my lung capacity is permanently reduced by 10-15%.

All because he wanted to get his leg over.

Edit: evidently Mason wasn't directly responsible for my issues but the fact that people can't obey very simple instructions is the very reason we're in lockdown
I've had and survived covid too. Certainly wasn't Masons fault considering he has yet to get the disease :lol:

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Sterlings treatment was totally different imo. He left lfc 2015, the hate started in May 2015 from lfc pundits who started painting him as greedy etc for leaving lfc. That hate continued in the press and went into him being a gangster with gun tattoos and many children to many wives, taking many drugs and going to many parties (IE the impression that many people now have of him) . That resulted in the racist attack on him from an opposition fan (Didnt stop the media hate) and then the attack from the chelsea fans at that game (Which helped to raise the issue)

Misinformation, hate, tribalism, bias (And even out and out closet racism) are all our media do nowadays. There are lfc reporters dedicated to pumping out negative City news, and I am sure it is the same with Utd players, but this situation (With Greenwood) is nowhere near (Yet) the treatment that Sterling got for the last 4 years.
Even if it was we can't let that happen to upcoming footballers irrespective of their clubs. The point here is that we can't let it escalate to sterling levels. Maybe sterling was strong enough to take it but there will be many who couldn't and will falter. Media needs to be held responsible. Freedom of speech doesn't equate to inciting drivel most come out with

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Even if it was we can't let that happen to upcoming footballers irrespective of their clubs. The point here is that we can't let it escalate to sterling levels. Maybe sterling was strong enough to take it but there will be many who couldn't and will falter. Media needs to be held responsible. Freedom of speech doesn't equate to inciting drivel most come out with
Macron disagrees with you :nono:

clarkydaz

Sterlings treatment was totally different imo. He left lfc 2015, the hate started in May 2015 from lfc pundits who started painting him as greedy etc for leaving lfc. That hate continued in the press and went into him being a gangster with gun tattoos and many children to many wives, taking many drugs and going to many parties (IE the impression that many people now have of him) . That resulted in the racist attack on him from an opposition fan (Didnt stop the media hate) and then the attack from the chelsea fans at that game (Which helped to raise the issue)

Misinformation, hate, tribalism, bias (And even out and out closet racism) are all our media do nowadays. There are lfc reporters dedicated to pumping out negative City news, and I am sure it is the same with Utd players, but this situation (With Greenwood) is nowhere near (Yet) the treatment that Sterling got for the last 4 years.
It started before that, Sterling said he didnt want to play for England in a qualifier because he was tired. Thats when he made himself a media target for what followed

bsCallout

I worry for the lad because the media and his personal life could affect him and effectively ruin his career.

I dont agree with making it about race though, Rooney was also destroyed by the media and harrassed.

I honestly think some of this falls on Southgate. He was asked to leave Greenwood out, United had their reasons and since that inclusion it has been a s**t show.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
I worry for the lad because the media and his personal life could affect him and effectively ruin his career.

I dont agree with making it about race though, Rooney was also destroyed by the media and harrassed.

I honestly think some of this falls on Southgate. He was asked to leave Greenwood out, United had their reasons and since that inclusion it has been a s**t show.
Surprised Southgate put that focus on Greenwood exclusion. Poor form imo. Could have been worded differently.

Cloud7

Neville and Rio calling out one of the newspapers on Twitter today that posted a story about Greenwood. Great to see them defending him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
does anyone read anything from team talk? Are these the guyes who used to advertise on teletext and you had to phone a premium rate phone number to listen to made up crap back in the day?
That brings me back, getting all worked up over Celio Silva and Patrick Kluivert.

laughtersassassin

It's actually just bullying at this stage. They are trying to force his failure into existence by putting his every move under a microscope.

Scum the lot of them

Red_toad

It's actually just bullying at this stage. They are trying to force his failure into existence by putting his every move under a microscope.

Scum the lot of them
Been that way for decades. Beckham, Ronaldo, Rooney etc etc all click bait that people just love to read. Caf is just the same, people wanting to know every grubby detail of the latest star. At the end of the day Mason will have to ride this out, as it’s not going to go away anytime soon.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Greenwood should just give two fingers to the national team. Concentrate on banging the goals in for United, lad. We’ll look after you.

The media are racist.

treble_winner

Scum the lot of them
They will be the first papers to criticize why English team fails at International stage. I'm sure of it.

laughtersassassin

There is actually a potentially easy fix for Greenwood imo. Stay quiet till the next time he has a run of good form then come out and call them our on their racist bullying like Sterling. Worked for Sterling so might work for Mason.

bsCallout

Greenwood should just give two fingers to the national team. Concentrate on banging the goals in for United, lad. We’ll look after you.

The media are racist.
Perhaps not the national team but atleast until there is a manager that values him to the extent he is willing to protect him.

I think I'd personally keep myself out of the running until at least after the next tournament.

With so few people actually really liking anything about the England national team he would do himself no harm focusing just on club football.

Crimson King

I wish they'd stop comparing Greenwood to Ravel Morrison. He's already surpassed Ravel's career achievements, and his current so called 'difficulties' are of a far different and more personal nature.

It's chalk and cheese.

Foxbatt

There is actually a potentially easy fix for Greenwood imo. Stay quiet till the next time he has a run of good form then come out and call them our on their racist bullying like Sterling. Worked for Sterling so might work for Mason.
Ole himself did not look pleased with Greenwood in his last Presser. So obviously there is something going on with Greenwood. Greenwood needs to listen to his manager and other senior players like Maguire and Bruno and work hard in training too and on match day. I hope Rashford can have a good chat with him and get him on the right path.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
There’s many on redcafe who would agree with the daily mail and think investing in property is evil and right wing.
Investing in luxury property? Doubt it. Oppressing those millionaires by renting houses to the poor mites.

pascell

F*cking parasites, theyre the reason England and English football has such a pressure vacuum. They can't allow England to have quality footballers without trying to sh*t on them first, it's bullying at this point. They're also attempting to do it with Rashford, let's not forget the treatment Sterling got also. Lowest of the low.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Someone said on here its bs, the girl has come out apparently and said she's 26, not 17 and never met Greenwood.
Ok, great that it is not him. If this is true then I hope who ever has done it faces suitable consequences.

@Dave Smith - I’d suggest you don’t repeat rumours that have no basis in reality. Just linking his name to them here spreads such crap.

it’s fans’ desire to lap up every bad story: tumour/ whisper that perpetuates the constant stream of crap that comes from the media.

Rolaholic

Wish Fergie was still around to rip these garbage tabloids a new one for targeting his young starlets

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
@Dave Smith - I’d suggest you don’t repeat rumours that have no basis in reality. Just linking his name to them here spreads such crap.

it’s fans’ desire to lap up every bad story: tumour/ whisper that perpetuates the constant stream of crap that comes from the media.
Sorry, I had just seen it and then came on here. I hadn't flicked through the previous pages. I will do so in future.

passing-wind

There’s many on redcafe who would agree with the daily mail and think investing in property is evil and right wing.
That's a poor mindset, football players have a short career once the playing stops so does the cash flow. Those with low income taking mortgages on houses they can't afford is the fault of their own intellect.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Wish Fergie was still around to rip these garbage tabloids a new one for targeting his young starlets

The club needs to do something. They're too passive. Hope behind the scenes we're helping the lad.
First thing he needs to do is stay off social media and ignore the newspapers. It's destructive.

0le

A big part of the problem is fans reposting tweets and links to the articles on social media and forums like redcafe, contributing to raising their profile. If fans stopped linking to these articles and talking about them, then the newspapers would move on. But they know it generates interest and clicks and will continue to make these articles until the fans actually stop contributing to the cycle.

As an example, I would personally have no idea about Rashford buying some houses if someone on redcafe had not posted it.