Television The Mentalist

prath92

Became shit the moment they revealed red John. Then they tried to do a white collar model which was shit.

I liked the show to be fair. But Lisbon can't act and she is really not that attractive and certainly isn't someone expected to have a 'chemistry' with Jane (like castle and Beckett or booth and Brennan). Plus her acting is meh.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Still can't believe the guy frisking him missed a live pigeon in his pocket. I mean ffs.

prath92

to be fair a lot of things on that show make you wonder how the hell did that just happen. Mostly because it's impossible that will happen but hey I guess it's a TV show so some leeway can be granted.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Sorry for bumping.

Watched it till Red John episode.
The show is basically generic investigation crime drama with obvious comic relief moments, but two things which made it an interesting show was the Simon Baker's charismatic performance as Patrick Jane and the mystic of Red John.

although I was disappointed with Sheriff Thomas McAllister being the Red John, it was underwhelming. As good and thrilling the case was, ending was kinda meh.

SparkedIntoLife

It was a superb show. A few too many episodes were just so filler and formulaic but the quality of the characters and their interactions made up for it. The strongest episodes were the Red John related ones.

Unfortunately the RJ reveal was massively underwhelming and it felt it ended a bit out of nowhere but I stil have positive memories. The show post RJ was fun but felt fairly inconsequential after the letdown of RJ.

NM

My favorite show. Agree RJ was a letdown.
Where are you watching it? Would love to see it again.

NM

I stopped watching after RJ. Are the remaining seasons worth continuing?
They are worth it for the wrap up. They do a lot of changes as they realize everybody hated RJ reveal. If you liked the show, it's a decent wrap up.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Loved it, and absolutely agree that Red John didn't conclude satisfactorily. On the other hand, I never liked the RJ element very much; way too all-powerful and all-clever. Episodes without him were nicer.

Actually felt to me like the RJ ending was a production decision. I thought the show was maybe on the chopping block, so they figured they needed some change. I loved the change to Texas (new setting and characters) and hoped that would go on longer; but that change required getting rid of the RJ storyline. No idea if any of this is true though. :houllier:

AgentP

They are worth it for the wrap up. They do a lot of changes as they realize everybody hated RJ reveal. If you liked the show, it's a decent wrap up.
Cheers bud. Always loved the main characters so will watch it for them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It was great until the RJ reveal and that probably should've been the end of it. But great show.