Television The Messiah (Netflix)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Anyone watching? I’m about ep7 now and totally hooked. Like a cross between Homeland and a biblical series

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I watched and thought it was quite good

I've noticed that there's a big gap between the critics score who have largely panned and the audience who have enjoyed it. I think it's at 8/10 on imbd and 91% on RT.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The middle was extremely slow however the final part was immense. Especially last few mins.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

I've noticed that there's a big gap between the critics score who have largely panned and the audience who have enjoyed it. I think it's at 8/10 on imbd and 91% on RT.
Seems to be a recurring theme with Netflix shows these days, happened with The Witcher too. Reviewers are usually in a rush and don't bother to watch the whole thing before panning it.

That said I've seen plenty of people calling this shite so I'm torn on whether to actually watch it!

Utdstar01

Thought this was quite gripping actually! The middle does get a little slow at times but it ended really well and does keep you guessing.

RedTiger

Half mast
I'm at episode 5 and I'll be honest, the acting is drama club level and the plot and dialogue is laboured for some periods. It's gripping in parts but I wouldnt say it's overly captivating.

I'll still finish the series so I can see how I think what's gonna happen will happen.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward for the next season — I'm pretty sure that they'll make one.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Episode in dc. In reality he would have been killed by now I reckon. Good show

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Anyone find it odd just how different the teenage daughter looks compared to her parents.

The mother is blonde and clear skinned. The dad is hispanic and the daughter has big dark curly hair and loads of freckles. Dad would want to be asking some questions there.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
a show about a man coming down and tricking everyone into believing that he's a saviour, only to be a fraud... But enough about Ole! This show is decent but I thought I hated the ending... Until the very final scene[\spoiler]

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I saw a trailer for this and thought it looked absolute shite, really surprised to see quite a few people on here raving about it.

Yeah that put me off watching it but I'm 3 episodes in now and its surprisingly good. The Sopranos/The Wire have nothing to worry about but its still entertaining enough.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Cancelled.

It wasn't a great show but still watchable.

Have to wonder what the feck is the point of watching these shows on netflix anymore. Seems they either cancel them after a season or there's a two year wait.

I thought it was pretty popular, too.

I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward for the next season — I'm pretty sure that they'll make one.
Ehhh... :D

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Eurrrgh Netflix keep binning off things, precious post it completely right, why invest in any new Netflix show?

I just pray to the lords above that they bring back Mindhunter.

Meh, can't say I'm surprised. I liked what i did see but i think i got to about episode 6 before something better came on and i never finished it. There was nothing that made you desperate to watch the next one.

Guess the data showed people didn't really get into it.

Drifter

American
Absolutely enjoyed this from beginning to end . Shame there might not be a season two ,hopefully there will be a change of heart.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Absolutely enjoyed this from beginning to end . Shame there might not be a season two ,hopefully there will be a change of heart.
Yeah, great little surprise of a show, loved it. Woke up really early one Saturday morning and stuck episode one on. By the time my Mrs came downstairs I’d watched 5.