The Mini Fridge - Temporary lower league football alternative transfer tweets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
We need somewhere while the mods make a decision. Some of us are genuinely interested in lower league football.

@Fridge chutney do your thing!

stevoc

Feck sake not another summer of all this nonsense and bickering over Tweets. Should have been sorted 2 years ago. I thought everyone just using ignore would resolve it, apparently not.

Separate the threads problem solved.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I'm with Fridge.

Down with elitist tweets and that sort of thing.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Insulting another member
We need somewhere while the mods make a decision. Some of us are genuinely interested in lower league football.

@Fridge chutney do your thing!
He’s not going to post them here as the prick only posted them to derail the main thread and get the attention he so badly seeks. If he really did do it out of a passion for lower leagues, he’d be doing it in here. I’ll be behind the mods letting him have his own thread, if only to expose the cnut for what he is.

Reynoldo

He’s not going to post them here as the prick only posted them to derail the main thread and get the attention he so badly seeks. If he really did do it out of a passion for lower leagues, he’d be doing it in here. I’ll be behind the mods letting him have his own thread, if only to expose the cnut for what he is.
Jaysus…bit harsh :lol:

Lynty

I hate his tweets.

But I laugh every year when I refresh the Twitter feed and see Jim Jones has just signed for Solihull Moors for £10.50

I say keep him. His joke has become transfer window tradition at this point

Withnail

Jesus Christ you're highly strung aren't you? Everyone isn't out to get you, you know? :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just so as everyone else knows, this of personal attack is not acceptable.
there are loads of people sitting here in their glass houses saying he should put his in an alternative thread. Why? Why does it just have to be lower league in a separate thread? Why are other non-United teams taking preference over the bread and butter of our leagues?
No, in my opinion, in the interest of fairness then it should only be UNITED on the live feed (main Twitter thread). Then those that complain that it takes too long or there is too many non—United notifications have nothing left to moan about.
Those that want to see updates from other leagues can do so in a secondary thread. That for me is the short term solution. Not some elitist attitude.
In the longer term the gaffer will add filters so that all content can go in one thread but you will be able to filter so that it will only show your personal preferences on your feed.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
there are loads of people sitting here in their glass houses saying he should put his in an alternative thread. Why? Why does it just have to be lower league in a separate thread? Why are other non-United teams taking preference over the bread and butter of our leagues?
No, in my opinion, in the interest of fairness then it should only be UNITED on the live feed (main Twitter thread). Then those that complain that it takes too long or there is too many non—United notifications have nothing left to moan about.
Those that want to see updates from other leagues can do so in a secondary thread. That for me is the short term solution. Not some elitist attitude.
In the longer term the gaffer will add filters so that all content can go in one thread but you will be able to filter so that it will only show your personal preferences on your feed.
I personally like knowing the ins and outs of football transfers hence this thread I’m hoping we’ll get some contributions without people just moaning that for now it’s separate.

I’m happy for this to be the alternative transfer tweets thread and the main one be just United but I do think there’s a demand for all football transfer news somewhere :)

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
The infraction is well deserved, I’ll take it.

95% of people on this forum only want to see tweets about the major European leagues and United tweets. In 15 years of posting on this place I’ve not seen a poster go out of their way to ruin what is basically the main thread for off season. Putting him on ignore didn’t fix it either.

You’re being pedantic if you’re trying to imply there was any sort of actual demand for fecking tweets about Luton town’s new goalkeeper.

I agree there should be a thread for the small minority that are actually interested in lower league tweets. If he was at all genuine about it, I’ll expect to see him be just as active in that thread but I’ll bet anything he won’t be. If fridge is equally active in a separate thread to the level he was in the main thread then I’ll publicly apologise to him or at that point feel free to perma ban my account.

Imo he’s done it for no other reason than attention, if I’m wrong after this summer, feel free to perma ban me.

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t think it’s elitism, it clearly states in the Twitter feed that these Tweets should be deleted as they don’t follow the rules:

• For non-United Tweets, only the following clubs are accepted:
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Europa League
    • Europa Conference League
    • Note: Tweets about teams that were recently/are regularly in Europe but are not in this season are accepted
Any Tweets outside of the above will be removed, and you will be warned/banned for repeat offences.
Personally, I don’t care for the lower league Tweets which is why I put him on ignore but it seems that the rules aren’t to be followed anyway?

Tags for Tweets in the future would be a great feature to filter out those you don’t want to see by category.

golden_blunder

Staff
The infraction is well deserved, I’ll take it.

95% of people on this forum only want to see tweets about the major European leagues and United tweets. In 15 years of posting on this place I’ve not seen a poster go out of their way to ruin what is basically the main thread for off season. Putting him on ignore didn’t fix it either.

You’re being pedantic if you’re trying to imply there was any sort of actual demand for fecking tweets about Luton town’s new goalkeeper.

I agree there should be a thread for the small minority that are actually interested in lower league tweets. If he was at all genuine about it, I’ll expect to see him be just as active in that thread but I’ll bet anything he won’t be. If fridge is equally active in a separate thread to the level he was in the main thread then I’ll publicly apologise to him or at that point feel free to perma ban my account.

Imo he’s done it for no other reason than attention, if I’m wrong after this summer, feel free to perma ban me.
Just to say that there actually is Luton fans on this board!

Skills

Snitch
:lol: @Damien e-beef of the year?

golden_blunder

Staff
I don’t think it’s elitism, it clearly states in the Twitter feed that these Tweets should be deleted as they don’t follow the rules:

Personally, I don’t care for the lower league Tweets which is why I put him on ignore but it seems that the rules aren’t to be followed anyway?
What people are missing is that this complete rewrite of the rules for the tweets was done just a few days ago and was not run by all the mods and admin for complete agreement. There is disagreement so it’s being discussed currently. What you see now may or may not be the actual end set of guidelines

hence I do think it’s like the super league of tweet threads leaving the bread and butter leagues behind. Including the very popular championship!

crossy1686

career ending
What people are missing is that this complete rewrite of the rules for the tweets was done just a few days ago and was not run by all the mods and admin for complete agreement. There is disagreement so it’s being discussed currently. What you see now may or may not be the actual end set of guidelines
Ah okay, no problem

diarm

I thought Matt Ingram did really well there on emergency loan. Hopefully he gets a permanent move this summer.

youmeletsfly

Lower leagues should be where they deserve to be, in lower ranks, a.k.a a different thread.

youmeletsfly

I understand that for you as a website is much more beneficial to have them in the same place because a lot of users use Redcafe just for that. The larger the notification number on the transfer tweets, the better from a views perspective.

The only way to properly settle it is a simple poll: Are you interested in lower league football?(yes/no) .

Myself personally, I don't give a toss about lower league football and, especially since 60-70% of tweets are kinda about that, I lose interest in actually reading tweets at all.
I don't know how you get the tweets on your website, if someone posts them manually(would be dumb as feck) or if you use a twitter bot/api. The ideal solution would be a filtering option when you access the transfer tweets section: a. all transfer tweets, b.only top5 leagues.

golden_blunder

Staff
I understand that for you as a website is much more beneficial to have them in the same place because a lot of users use Redcafe just for that. The larger the notification number on the transfer tweets, the better from a views perspective.

The only way to properly settle it is a simple poll: Are you interested in lower league football?(yes/no) .

Myself personally, I don't give a toss about lower league football and, especially since 60-70% of tweets are kinda about that, I lose interest in actually reading tweets at all.
I don't know how you get the tweets on your website, if someone posts them manually(would be dumb as feck) or if you use a twitter bot/api. The ideal solution would be a filtering option when you access the transfer tweets section: a. all transfer tweets, b.only top5 leagues.
The boss is working on a filter, but it depends on how much free time he will have. It may be a long finger job. But that would certainly end all arguments

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Much more interested in British leagues than European personally. It’s fun to hear where players from yesteryear end up in the twilight of there careers, and to follow rising British starlets. Most of the top euro transfers will be covered elsewhere, I’m not so interested in Barcelona signing everyone’s free cast offs or PSG warping the market with their petro-millions.

If I’m honest I don’t understand the snobbery around transfers on here. It’s all just gossip until the clubs involved confirm news, so for me all sources are game and it can all go into one big happy silly season tweet fest. I don’t understand why people get so heated and personal around it.

Withnail

There is a poll: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/tweets-debate.470854/

And yes it's manual which is self-evident from feed.

Kaushal

Dear me, he’s ruined your life or what ? :lol:. I can understand the annoyance but it’s way too harsh. The hilarious part is he is doing it for what now 2 summers running ? And still no amicable no solid solution could be found to keep him in check.:lol:

redcucumber

This debate is becoming some bizarre annual summer tradition on this site. Is it really worth the hassle?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Please stop making this thread until something is decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.