Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Ainu

I hope to see him back in the news again soon - when he gets to answer for his various crimes. Wishful thinking but still, would be nice.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I just watched the Trumps getting off the plane in Florida, in the sunshine. Melania had done a change and was wearing some floor-length kind of multi-coloured kaftan. It looked like she was going straight to the beach and she probably had her swimming costume on underneath it.

Infra-red

One term president and never won the popular vote.
And impeached. Twice.

And the lowest personal poll ratings of any President since Gallup polling began (in 1938).

And yet he still got more votes than any Republican in history. Very strange country.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Now he can go back to withering away in irrelevance. Though hopefully he gets convicted and gets further embarrassed. Worst president of all time.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Worst president ever.
Having lived in the US, albeit when I was young, a very long time ago, I still take an interest in goings on.
I had the impression that Obama, although far from perfect, was a pretty good President with good standards and intellectually a good leader. Only to be followed by the disaster that was Trump. Is that a reasonable assessment.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Having lived in the US, albeit when I was young, a very long time ago, I still take an interest in goings on.
I had the impression that Obama, although far from perfect, was a pretty good President with good standards and intellectually a good leader. Only to be followed by the disaster that was Trump. Is that a reasonable assessment.
I think history will be fairly tough on Obama - I think that he could have gone further with the political capital he had, but on the whole achieved good things in Government, even if a lot were rowed back by Trump.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Of course. That's because the best left wing leaders are ones that never win power and so never have to muddy their hands with the compromises of governing.
All democratic leaders have to compromise one way or another, including Trump. He's not done every single thing he wanted to during his term.

SirAF

Ageist
I can’t wait for the inside stories about Trump’s behaviour in Florida starts to trickle out :drool:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So was he worse than we expected or did he just pretty much live up to our expectations(or lack of?).

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
So was he worse than we expected or did he just pretty much live up to our expectations(or lack of?).
Considerably worse. I think I naively thought as soon as he took office the enormity of the task would have gotten the better and he would have left it to smart people to make his decisions

He also gave a voice to an element of people that should never be heard

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I bet he gets massively depressed at not being so important anymore. I really feel for the poor cnuts who work for him at Mar A Lago.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Considerably worse. I think I naively thought as soon as he took office the enormity of the task would have gotten the better and he would have left it to smart people to make his decisions

He also gave a voice to an element of people that should never be heard
I admit, I didn't know what to expect other than him being dumb and batshit crazy, but I hadnt expected the capitol hill nearly coup ever happening nor a cult of personality developing around him after being 4 years in office. It's still a mystery to me why anyone would be willing to take a bulllet for Donald Trump yet there seems to be "patriots" willing to die for him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The problem we've got now is that every day he would get worse, which normalised the less crap day that came before it. Over and over. Like a fat guy stuffing more cake into his mouth, who eventually after four years of gorging on increasing amounts of cake might say "at least I'm only eating four of them every breakfast instead of the five I used to have last Christmas." And we nod our heads and say "yeah, good job" before suddenly we realise that, wait a second, he shouldn't have been eating fecking cake for breakfast - since when was that normal?

It used to be a massive scandal getting a blowy in your office. Under Trump that would have just been a Wednesday*.

*If anyone actually wanted to gobble him up, the fat cake eating fecker that he is.