Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Raoul

Admin
Staff
McConnell is a scumbag. How can he marry what he's saying with voting to acquit?
Self-preservation. Playing both sides of the fence allows him to moan without incurring the wrath of the Trump mob with a yes vote.

sport2793

Maybe show their voters, who overwhelmingly hate Trump, they are willing to fight to convict them using all the weapons they can and not cave to what republicans want on the first occasion?
Their voters want COVID relief, climate legislation, immigration reform, infrastructure and justice reform. People just want Trump gone and not a constant topic of discussion.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Bloody hope so, useless feck here in Louisiana, if anything he'll get booted with any hope.
For your sake I hope so. I loved everything about your state except for Bourbon street :) Amazing food when one ventures a little bit east or west :drool: .

sport2793

They would look stupid by showing up to work on a relief bill during a pandemic when their voters are suffering? I don't think the majority of voters would see it like that. I certainly wouldn't if I was an american.
You clearly aren't American :lol: . This country is largely made up of imbeciles.

Ivor Ballokov

"only one person was responsible for the campaign of misinformation" completely removing blame from any of his colleagues who continue to spread lies.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Their voters want COVID relief, climate legislation, immigration reform, infrastructure and justice reform. People just want Trump gone and not a constant topic of discussion.
*insert meme of little girl asking why not both*

Or a compilation of democrat politicans saying they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Anyway we're going in circles. If I was an american I'd tell the democrats to go feck themselves after this.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ya I'm really scared about it. If the Dems don't grow a pair, remove the filibuster, and pass the John Lewis bill, we are all likely screwed.
Your party have shown repeatedly that they don't have the balls.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
McConnell is a scumbag. How can he marry what he's saying with voting to acquit?
He said before the vote he was putting it down to not having the jurisdiction.

It’s bollocks, obviously, but he’s playing the game a lot more effectively then the Dems.

sport2793

Or a compilation of democrat politicans saying they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Anyway we're going in circles. If I was an american I'd tell the democrats to go feck themselves after this.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you in an ideal world. Unfortunately this country is anything but ideal.

sport2793

It’s bollocks, obviously, but he’s playing the game a lot more effectively then the Dems.
Most people either don't care or think all politicians are lying anyways so he doesn't gain anything in particular with voters. Anyone want to take a guess why McConnell really said what he said after acquitting Trump? (Hint: it involves campaign fundraising)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

When I heard they were going to recess all next week I sent a message to my one Dem senator that she will not be getting a campaign donation from us for her 24 reelection unless she can confirm that all 50 dems were ready to come back on Monday and all 50 repubs were unwilling. I know I won't hear back, but at this point I am kinda done with them. I know they are the only viable alternative to the GOP, but they are barely better.

Edit: We don't donate a lot, but we have campaigned for multiple Dem's in different states, so we are on the "call these people all the time" lists.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
McConnell definitely hates Trump’s guts but there is no way he was ever going to give Democrats this level of victory.

Adisa

I know. Like hell he would have voted to impeach if Trump was still in office.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Most people either don't care or think all politicians are lying anyways so he doesn't gain anything in particular with voters. Anyone want to take a guess why McConnell really said what he said after acquitting Trump? (Hint: it involves campaign fundraising)
Who said it was anything to do with voters?

As I said earlier, the bloke is a cnut but he’s effective at doing what he needs to do and not giving a feck how it looks.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

As I said earlier, the bloke is a cnut but he’s effective at doing what he needs to do and not giving a feck how it looks.
To be fair it is common knowledge that while all dogs (except for Lindsay Graham) go to heaven, turtles have no souls, so I don't think he cares.

sport2793

It's going to take more than what he did today to achieve his present objective. The problem for McConnell is he still underestimates the Trump wing of the party and thinks they won't undercut his efforts to win back corporate donors.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
When I heard they were going to recess all next week I sent a message to my one Dem senator that she will not be getting a campaign donation from us for her 24 reelection unless she can confirm that all 50 dems were ready to come back on Monday and all 50 repubs were unwilling. I know I won't hear back, but at this point I am kinda done with them. I know they are the only viable alternative to the GOP, but they are barely better.

Edit: We don't donate a lot, but we have campaigned for multiple Dem's in different states, so we are on the "call these people all the time" lists.
I understand, I'm not even american and I'm upset by this.

Thank god I live in a country with many parties. I've never voted for a party that won elections, but they've always had a voice, influence in maintaining governments in power, passing budgets, deciding legislation, etc. A 2 party system really is a kick in the balls of democracy.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's going to take more than what he did today to achieve his present objective. The problem for McConnell is he still underestimates the Trump wing of the party and thinks they won't undercut his efforts to win back corporate donors.
He’s achieved his objective.

A Republican POTUS hasn’t been convicted by the Senate and he’s passed the responsibility on to the DOJ, given a head feint towards holding Trump responsible so as to appease donors whilst not actually doing anything, and walked away unscathed.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Like a vicious dog owner who admits that his dog mutilated the neighborhood kids but he doesn't want it put down.
Except almost every viscous dog is that way because of the owner. McConnell did not create Trump, or Trumpism, he just fed off it and used it for his own benefit.

sport2793

He’s achieved his objective.

A Republican POTUS hasn’t been convicted by the Senate and he’s passed the responsibility on to the DOJ, given a head feint towards holding Trump responsible so as to appease donors whilst not actually doing anything, and walked away unscathed.
Indeed it seems you also underestimate Trump and his supporters' ability to continually undermine McConnell's efforts.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They won’t rest until a politician is murdered.

In fact even then they’ll not stop.

Adisa

As Abby Phillip said, Ben Sasse makes a good point.
The idea that Congress and the Executive are equal has gone because Congress have proven time and time again that they cannot do shit.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Well, that’s America fecked. If he can get away with that, he can get away with anything. And if he can, they all can. Trump was only the start. At some point in the future kids are going to playing call of duty, playing as the allied nations against the forth reich. The ending of which will be to storm the White House.