The MMA thread

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
who's been watching season 3 of the ultimate fighter?
I liked the way tito ortiz smashed up ken shamrock so easily...
hopefully now that cock hole will retire

Munch

I've only recently started to watch UFC and I must pose the question is the Shamrock/Ortiz rivalry over acted! I know that theres no doubt the fights are real but is the pre match build up just like WWF wrestling no?

Another thing do tou think Earb Deane was right in his decision to call a stoppage against Shamrock in the Ortiz match??Personally I would have liked to have seen it go a bit longer and the crowd certainly did!

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
The rivalry is real... they hate eachother and the ufc capaitalised on that to draw more interest to the fight and the series...
I think considering the circumstances the ref was right to stop the fight.... shamrock was stunned and taking elbows to the face and the ref would have known the background and known that ortiz was looking to damage him...
he stopped it as a favour to shamrock

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
ruudvanrooney said:
Tito is a pussy who will never be able to beat the top fighters in the ufc,also if he is foolish enough to accept vanderlei silva`s offer of a match he will get hurt badly.
Tito is a good fighter but one of his strengths is that he works on his weaknesses.... he's improving all the time.
And i thought he was excellent as a coach on the ultimate fighter... pissed all over ken shamrock's coaching

redjoe

If anyone finds a spare clue please pm it to me
EspadaYdaga said:
who's been watching season 3 of the ultimate fighter?
I liked the way tito ortiz smashed up ken shamrock so easily...
hopefully now that cock hole will retire

I have watched them all and I still think the first Ultimate Fighter reality show was the best, it had characters.The 2nd show was poor, the third has been watchable but still doesn't compare with the first show.

Nevertheless I haven't missed an episode of any show.

BTW anybody see the beating Leben took recently.

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
I didn't see that... but after seeing leben on ultimate fighter 1 i have to say i felt sorry for him... he was kinda annoying at first but it became clear that he's a troubled soul... he was like a big mixed up kid... and those 2, josh and bobby were totally out of order with him... showed what a pair of nasty fukers they are

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
in case you didn't get the joke, there is a gay as in homosexual event called pride.... and there is also a mma fighting event also called pride.

But if you did get the joke and you just didn't think it was funny then fair enough

Munch

Whats your mans name who won the Ultimate Fighter 3 Light heavyweight division?? You know the scouser I think.....He looked immense!

ruudvanrooney

Suffers Bergkamp syndrome
We have our Premiership trophy back from the Russi
RedCanadian said:
If Liddell beats Babalu at UFC 62, He's going to fight Silva in a battle of Champions. That is going to be a sick fight.

apparently vanderlei came into the ring for a bit of eyeballing at the last ufc,chuck liddel was battered by a guy called rampage a few years ago in a cross code competition and in the next fight silva beat the crap out of rampage.i predict chuck will last all of 5 minutes with silva before he is seeing stars.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
ruudvanrooney said:
apparently vanderlei came into the ring for a bit of eyeballing at the last ufc,chuck liddel was battered by a guy called rampage a few years ago in a cross code competition and in the next fight silva beat the crap out of rampage.i predict chuck will last all of 5 minutes with silva before he is seeing stars.
Silva's a beast. I hope he knocks the hell out of Liddell. I can't stand him, especially since he wears that mohawk with the Chinese symbol tattoos on the side of his head. He looks like a putz.

BTW, that was Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

ruudvanrooney

Suffers Bergkamp syndrome
We have our Premiership trophy back from the Russi
RedCanadian said:
Silva's a beast. I hope he knocks the hell out of Liddell. I can't stand him, especially since he wears that mohawk with the Chinese symbol tattoos on the side of his head. He looks like a putz.

BTW, that was Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

sorry bud at my age the memory goes a little so names are a struggle for me,that quinton jackson was a good fighter but i havent heard much from him lately ,does he still compete in pride ?

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
ruudvanrooney said:
sorry bud at my age the memory goes a little so names are a struggle for me,that quinton jackson was a good fighter but i havent heard much from him lately ,does he still compete in pride ?
Jackson left Pride after his his fight at Pride 31. He signed with a new organization: WFA - World Fighting Alliance. He won his first match against Matt Lindland by split decision last weekend.

Munch

EspadaYdaga said:
michael bisbing... but he's not a scouser , i think he's from the midlands
Yeah thats the one. No I just remember watching ultimate fighter and an annoying Yank accent saying he was from Liverpool.
Whens his first fight do you know? He look the business!

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
it looks very good... don't know why shonie carter won his fight though... all he did was stay on top of the other guy as much as possible.
the other guy ( cant remember his name! ) took shonie down more times than the other way round.. he went for far more submissions than shonie did and he struck shonie more ( see shonies battered face at the end? )
If that's not enough to win... what is?

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
RedCanadian said:
In the fights that go to the judges, they always seem to go with the guy who spent most of the fight on top, regardless of whether they were actually doing anything.
so it seems... but you'd think that judges for these type of fights would be aware of the technicalities of that form of fighting

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
RedCanadian said:
They don't seem to understand that being on the bottom doesn't mean you can't do any damage. Shonie was getting hit with all kinds of shots during that fight, but that didn't seem to matter. :confused:
that's what i thought... shonie was busted up and exhausted at the end and the other guy seemed pretty fresh and mark free.... maybe they wanted to keep him in the show cos he's a character... a retarded character, but still a character

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
RedCanadian said:
Did you see him in his pimp suit, with the pimp cane and pimp cup!! Ridiculous! :houllier:
yeah i know... that's partly why i was pissed off when he was declared the winner!

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
RedCanadian said:
Dewees' hair turned completely blood red. His whole head, it wasn't a really bad cut, it just bled like crazy. I was actually surprised he didn't pass out from the blood loss.
i saw it last night... fukin hell... that was kinda nasty... if i was the guy on the bottom i would've been more scared of getting his blood on me than any strikes or submissions...
imagine if it dripped in his mouth

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
RedCanadian said:
Anyone see the PPV yesterday? The Liddell & Babalu fight was a joke and Griffin-Bonnar II wasn't that good. I wish I could get my money back!! :mad: :annoyed: :mad:
saw that too.... it's a pity when fights finish so quick but liddell did the business.... it was babalu's fault really, he should have been more cautious against someone who strikes like liddell