The MMA thread

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Fantastic discussion for anyone remotely interested in combat sports. As always Chael P gives us something to ponder on, regarding rules etc. But my word, mma at Olympics? It would undoubtedly raise the level of the sport even further. Maybe too far? Learning wrestling, bjj, judo, kick boxing, boxing etc all at amatuer level. I know people are doing it now but not to the level of requirements of an Olympian.

Oggmonster

Fantastic discussion for anyone remotely interested in combat sports. As always Chael P gives us something to ponder on, regarding rules etc. But my word, mma at Olympics? It would undoubtedly raise the level of the sport even further. Maybe too far? Learning wrestling, bjj, judo, kick boxing, boxing etc all at amatuer level. I know people are doing it now but not to the level of requirements of an Olympian.
Chael is one of them people who talks for ages for a point that could take about 30 seconds to make. Really loves the sound of his own voice but we always knew that.

Libano

Chael is one of them people who talks for ages for a point that could take about 30 seconds to make. Really loves the sound of his own voice but we always knew that.
Yep. Luke Thomas is another one of those. They are just filling minutes on their Youtube clips for extra income.

Fortunately, there are better alternatives out there: Connor Ruebusch from Heavy Hands, Jack Slack.

JP77

Only just realised Ferguson is back and fighting this weekend against Charles Olivera. That's going to be an insane fight.

JP77

Crazy that despite his record, this feels like a must win for Tony.
Yeah I'd agree. 36 years old now and he's been in some absolute wars and taken so much punishment over the years. Oliveira's a good fighter, can't see this being anything other than a FOTYC unless it finishes early in the first round.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Only just realised Ferguson is back and fighting this weekend against Charles Olivera. That's going to be an insane fight.
There is a rumour going around... Apparently, Oliveira's team reached to the UFC to tell them that he might came heavy (over 156 pounds, more like 158-59).

Tony's response:

I hope Do Bronx make weight and not feck it up.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
There is a rumour going around... Apparently, Oliveira's team reached to the UFC to tell them that he might came heavy (over 156 pounds, more like 158-59).

Tony's response:

I hope Do Bronx make weight and not feck it up.
This is disheartening. I hope he makes weight. He has worked hard and beat some stiff competition to finally get to this spot so if he fecks it up because he can't make weight then it's a real shame on him. With him missing weight in the past, Dana will probably not trust him for a title shot if he misses it here.

Luke1995

Rumble Johnson to Bellator. That's interesting. If you enjoy seeing people knocked out.

RedDevilRoshi

Surprised that Figueirdo vs Moreno is happening so soon, considering they only fought a fortnight ago on UFC 255

Dirty Schwein

Surprised that Figueirdo vs Moreno is happening so soon, considering they only fought a fortnight ago on UFC 255
It's the quickest championship defense turn around in history.

Rooting for Fig. He's knocking motherfeckers out, which will get the division more eyeballs.

RedFish

Ridiculous, but there you go. Happy to see of course but there really should be health and safety regulations against this.... For the weight cutting risks alone....

Glad to watch though. It is what it is!

George Owen

It's the quickest championship defense turn around in history.

Rooting for Fig. He's knocking motherfeckers out, which will get the division more eyeballs.
Fig is a breeze of fresh air. Between him and Cejudo, they saved the little guy division.

I'm expecting a decision for tonight though. Moreno is way too tough.

Gonna be interesting to see which fighter starts slowing down first. The second weight cut in 3 weeks for sure gonna play part on it, specially if they reach the championship rounds.

George Owen

feck me, over 3 hours for the card to start. What the feck happened that they are starting so late for this last events.

Cage Warriors live now though. Any good prospect to look out for?

Dirty Schwein

feck me, over 3 hours for the card to start. What the feck happened that they are starting so late for this last events.

Cage Warriors live now though. Any good prospect to look out for?
Maybe trying to avoid the AJ fight? Not sure how big AJ is in the States though...

George Owen

Maybe trying to avoid the AJ fight? Not sure how big AJ is in the States though...
Nah, the last weeks has been the same shit.

Now that I look back, I think it might be the Daylight saving time thingy. They (USA) changed the clocks on the 1st of November and I remember falling asleep on the first event right after that (Teixeira v Santos). I remember perfectly because I never fall asleep for the events.

Anyway, some bum has just won the cage warrios lightweight belt.

Main event coming up next: Featherweight belt on the line.

George Owen

And the frenchie wins it! Nice left hook to the body.

The fenchies, with MMA just recently legalized over there, will become a powerhouse for sure.