The MMA thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Just saw that the prelims tomorrow begin at 9:00am (in the USA). That's pretty cool, especially since I have the day off.
Nice. 11am for me, good way to start the day.

I heard Kattar sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night punching the air. He suddenly gains consciousness and asks his wife if she's ok. She says "don't worry honey, you didn't land a single shot". Then his nightmares begin again.
:lol:

George Owen

And we start the day with a woman TKO. That frenchie girl is vicious, like a female version of Wonderboy. Tremendous debut for Manon Fiorot.

Umar Nurmagomedov debut next.

Last edited:

George Owen

Tremendous debut for Umar Nurmagomedov, against a very game opponent.

His wrestling is quite good as you would expect for a Dagestani, but his kicking game is something else.

George Owen

Mason Jones from Wales (10-0) making his UFC debut next. Big hype on this guy (Two division cage warrior champion), but he debuts vs a killer in Mike Davis (8-2).

edit. It was an epic fight. Tremendous. 29-28 victory for Davis.

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I heard Kattar sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night punching the air. He suddenly gains consciousness and asks his wife if she's ok. She says "don't worry honey, you didn't land a single shot". Then his nightmares begin again.
:lol:

Poor guy is now having to deal with the mental effects of such a humiliation which'll sting long after he's patched up.

Andersons Dietician

What are people making of the MCGregor sales pitch? He’s talking a good game and honestly I’d love nothing more than to see a focused MCGregor, see him have a proper pop at the division. For some reason I’ve got a feeling that he’s overselling where he believes he’s at. I’m thinking Dustin might catch him with something stupid or just dive for the neck and get it done.

Hopefully JoJo smashes Jessica eye but again I kinda fancy Eye for it In that I think she’ll just take her down and sit on her for an age. Hope all my predictions are wrong.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What are people making of the MCGregor sales pitch? He’s talking a good game and honestly I’d love nothing more than to see a focused MCGregor, see him have a proper pop at the division. For some reason I’ve got a feeling that he’s overselling where he believes he’s at. I’m thinking Dustin might catch him with something stupid or just dive for the neck and get it done.

Hopefully JoJo smashes Jessica eye but again I kinda fancy Eye for it In that I think she’ll just take her down and sit on her for an age. Hope all my predictions are wrong.
I love Dustin but he takes too much damage, which isn't ideal against McGregor.

JP77

Feeling for me is McGregor knocks him out. It’s a great match up for McGregor. He’ll stand and trade with McGregor and that’s exactly what Conor wants. Dustin is a very good fighter but I don’t think he’s that elite level.

Oggmonster

I think McGregor wins easily its a good match up for him. Not sure if it's less than a minute but can see it ending in 1 round then the inevitable Khabib fight happens again

Ole90+3

I put this in the betting thread but I'll stick it in here as well:

Anyone looking to bet on McGregor this weekend, marathonbet have him priced at 1.67 to win "in the distance" i.e. by KO/TKO/sub.

The best price I can find elsewhere is 1.57 for Conor by TKO/KO which is just as likely as ITD really since his last sub win was back in his cage warrior days.

I've put a hefty sum on Conor ITD + Ribas double paying 2.15.

Deery

Dreary
This Poirier fella is looking a lot more ripped than McGregor, is anyone giving him a chance in this fight?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This Poirier fella is looking a lot more ripped than McGregor, is anyone giving him a chance in this fight?
McGregor won the first fight in like 90 seconds but that was a weight class below. I still think McGregor takes him again because Dustin takes a lot of punishment in fights and is very hittable. However, if he can take it into the third round and beyond, it's anyone's game as he has good cardio, McGregor does not..

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He will inevitably get stuck trading with Conor who will just have too much power for him.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I feel like the longer the fight goes on the greater his chances but the fact is he's always keen to press offensively while being hittable. Had that second (I think it was) round against Hooker gone another 10 seconds he would have gone down imo and McGregor is more powerful and precise. Poirier's style suits McGregor.

i really want to see Holloway take time to build his body properly for 155 and face McGregor. When he fought Poirier you could see he'd basically just cut less weight rather than adapted to the weight class. He's got a great chin, great cardio and great boxing, he'd cause a lot of problems.