The MMA thread

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Omg what a crazy fight to end this card! Surely proshaska may get a belt chance soon

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Definitely. Jan is no pushover though and I wonder if Jiri would get away with his flamboyant and open style against someone as tight and disciplined as Blachowicz.
That's what would make it such a fascinated match up. Jiri strikes me as a European Jon Jones, in that he comes at you with literally every facet of MMA - punches, kicks, elbows, wrestling, great cardio etc.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tell that to Roy Nelson :lol:
Common doesn't mean that it's universal. Athletes with Usman physique are common in the UFC and even more common in for example the NFL. I wouldn't call it one hell of a physique because it gives the impression that it's a rarity, in fact Roy Nelson is the one that had one hell of a physique.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Common doesn't mean that it's universal. Athletes with Usman physique are common in the UFC and even more common in for example the NFL. I wouldn't call it one hell of a physique because it gives the impression that it's a rarity, in fact Roy Nelson is the one that had one hell of a physique.
I was just joking. I know what you meant.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
:lol:

I always thought Michael Owen was the original “how the feck can a professional athlete have a dad bod?”
At least he was lean. Our Luke is Thicc...which makes his barnstorming runs down the wing even more entertaining

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Is it just me or does Reyes look a bit like our Bruno?
Heh, I thought exactly the same thing

I’ve seen Reyes fight plenty of times but for some reason this morning when I watched the fight I instantly thought he was image of Bruno

Luke1995

Any of you guys have read Michael Bisping's autobiography ? It's a very open and emotionally powerful book. He goes through pretty much every fight of his career.

It's so crazy that he became champion when long past his prime (which was probably from 2006 till 2012) and with one functional eye - Not sure if he can see anything with his damaged eye.

There's not many good MMA books out there but this is one of them.

RedFish

Any of you guys have read Michael Bisping's autobiography ? It's a very open and emotionally powerful book. He goes through pretty much every fight of his career.

It's so crazy that he became champion when long past his prime (which was probably from 2006 till 2012) and with one functional eye - Not sure if he can see anything with his damaged eye.

There's not many good MMA books out there but this is one of them.
It's a prosthetic eye. He takes it out as a party trick.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Heh, I thought exactly the same thing

I’ve seen Reyes fight plenty of times but for some reason this morning when I watched the fight I instantly thought he was image of Bruno
Exact same :lol:

ive seen him fight plenty & never noticed til this last fight.

kidbob

https://themaclife.com/sports/mma/e...ou-have-to-sit-at-the-back-of-the-list-again/

I know he's in a period where he is very respected (he's a bit of a Kavanagh though,for me) but the guy can feck off with this. Izzy ain't ducking Rob, I mean he is the better fighter and will most likely win the rematch. However how can a coach be so fecking stupid? Rob has beaten 2 of the 3 that Izzy has been talking about convincingly. Lets be honest too Vettori is made for Rob and he likely destroys Costa too. Why should Rob fight a month after Gastelum when he has done more than anyone to earn a rematch? 'Back in the pool', feck off Bareman- whoever wins between Izzy and Vettori then Rob has to be next, full stop. Just like Max is next for Volk again. If there are 2 clear best in the division then there souldn't be a problem with them fighting 5 or 6 times until someone else comes up to stake a claim. Rob is the clear number 2 and if Izzy wins (he will easily) then not fighting Rob next means he is actually ducking, which I don't think is what Izzy himself would do.

Surely he can see he is only making Izzy look bad with talk like this.

Adcuth

Been watching for a very long time. He does his job. The fighters know the game he's playing, they enjoy being on his show. I've never understood why people disliked him, seemed like a bandwagon to me.
Some people genuinely don't like him just because Dana doesn't. So yeah, bandwagon shit.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Me being stupid, I would have thought you would quickly go into shock after a break like that and not feel/remember much of what happens next. Turns out nope, it's just agonisingly painful. :eek:

Andersons Dietician

Was just watching the fight and as fun and exciting as that dude was he was taking far too many shots from just being sloppy. Reckon DC or a Jones would eat him alive but see what happens if he ever gets to taste some polish power.

Looked awesome though and props to Reyes he wasn’t whilting or backing down. He was throwing.

Luke1995

I'm putting my toes in the boxing thread a little bit but this one feels more like home to me.

I don't know why I found it so easy to understand MMA despite all of it's different techniques and find it so hard to get all the details of the boxing movements.

Pumped for Bellator tonight! Card's staaacked! MVP and Rumble on the same night is awesome. That Archuletta X Sergio Pettis fight is fantastic aswell.

Tomorrow's UFC card not so much... I guess Neal X Magny will be a good bout. Ferreira X Gillespie should be a fine scrap too. But nothing makes me anxious.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Is this the BBC's first Bellator weekend? Haven't noticed it until now. My mum wasn't overly impressed. It's her first time though.