The MMA thread

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hard to have any sympathy for someone who is an awful scumbag and indeed I don't.

That said, interviewing someone after they've snapped their leg like that is insane.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
As an Irish man he's a fecking disgrace.
I'm embarrassed by him.
He's a tramp. A proper representation of a lowlife cnut.

He'll do desperate stuff to stay relevant now.

Maxii

Paad
As an Irish man he's a fecking disgrace.
I'm embarrassed by him.
He's a tramp. A proper representation of a lowlife cnut.

He'll do desperate stuff to stay relevant now.
Yeah I was cringing when most of the country was getting behind him earlier in his career. If he wasn’t a professional sportsman he would just be your regular absolute scum bag in Dublin. Can’t stand the cnut and I hope he can’t fight again

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I haven't read anything of the thread and am about 6 pages back to catch-up, but have to post :lol: :lol:

Conor sounding like a raging cliche being interviewed by Rogan post-fight.

What the hell is it with UFC and bizarre injuries, well I know, but still... :houllier:

Time to read through the thread!

cyberman

Yeah I was cringing when most of the country was getting behind him earlier in his career. If he wasn’t a professional sportsman he would just be your regular absolute scum bag in Dublin. Can’t stand the cnut and I hope he can’t fight again
This is uncalled for. Go into a thread after a player breaks his leg and post that last sentence and its a perma ban.
Im not being funny but why is this any different? Its mental reading this thread.
I hope Conor steps away because he is a disgrace to the sport but not because he's been physically maimed.

Castia

This is uncalled for. Go into a thread after a player breaks his leg and post that last sentence and its a perma ban.
Im not being funny but why is this any different? Its mental reading this thread.
I hope Conor steps away because he is a disgrace to the sport but not because he's been physically maimed.
Meh this is a guy that after the fight called his opponents wife a ho.

Feck him tbh.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh this is a guy that after the fight called his opponents wife a ho.

Feck him tbh.
Tbf, he was being interviewed on the ground with his leg snapped. If you interviewed even a mild-mannered footballer as they were lying on the pitch after getting their leg broken you might get choice words, let alone a professional fighter. Don't think composed and considered responses were ever likely.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Injuries in combat sports are far more a "part" of the sport than in Football.

Also footballers don't go around calling people's wives ho's or saying they'll send someone home on a stretcher etc. Then get bit by karma

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I think it’s a little different to a footballer. For example, Conor has been threatening to kill/maim Dustin all week. There’s a bit of poetic irony in here that you can’t compare to a freak leg break in football

Maxii

Paad
I would never say that about a footballer. Conor is another level of scum and so many young people in Ireland look up to him which is sickening. I hope he never fights again so he’s out of the limelight and is not a role model to these kids

redshaw

Don't think Khabib ruined him. Conor would've probably beat him had they fought before he left the sport or at least gave a better account of himself and be able to beat most after. The money from the boxing match and long time out of the Octagon is what ruined him. He'll never get back to that level, he's a desperate caricature now.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Don't think Khabib ruined him. Conor would've probably beat him had they fought before he left the sport or at least gave a better account of himself and be able to beat most after. The money from the boxing match and long time out of the Octagon is what ruined him. He'll never get back to that level, he's a desperate caricature now.
Let's be real. I do agree that the money and stuff did make Connor a softer fighter but any version of Connor would get mauled by Khabib. Khabib style is McGregor's kryptonite. His only hope would be to catch Khabib with a hail Mary shot. I'm no fan boy of either fighter but Khabib is McGregor's daddy in the cage, that much is obvious.

McGregor never evolved past being the guy that's dangerous for one round.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He should just retire now. Khabib broke him.
If you leave out the cowboy fight its 2016 since he won in the ufc

Basically he will have gone 5 years without winning against a top contender... his ability to sell a fight is unquestionable but I think its time for him to fight youtubers and exhibition boxing matches.

redshaw

Let's be real. I do agree that the money and stuff did make Connor a softer fighter but any version of Connor would get mauled by Khabib. Khabib style is McGregor's kryptonite. His only hope would be to catch Khabib with a hail Mary shot. I'm no fan boy of either fighter but Khabib is McGregor's daddy in the cage, that much is obvious.

McGregor never evolved past being the guy that's dangerous for one round.
Possibly, it's a shame we never saw a peak Conor vs Khabib and possible genuine rematch before his father died. Would''ve been great to see how a peak Conor would've adjusted in a rematch, he probably has a two round window to get the better of Khabib.

Jagga7

Poirier had some digs at Connor but ended the interview saying he wishes McGregor recovers and goes home to his beautiful family.

McGregor ends his interview with "your woife is on me DMs the ho!"

What an immature idiot :lol:

:lol::lol: He's become an embarrassment. I remember when he fought Aldo, he was almost regarded as a hero. How things change!

RedDevilRoshi

Title shot for Dustin and then a rematch. Conor couldn't hope for a better scenario the way this fight was going.

Dustin should just feck him off at this point, especially if he gets that title.
What if Poirer loses the title fight, are they still gonna do a 4th fight?

For me, it’s just absolutely pointless to do a 4th point as Mcgregor was saved by the buzzer at the end there. If it wasn’t for having his ankle broken in the end there from one of his own leg kicks, I reckoned Poirer would have finished him off in Round 2 again. If it was McGregor who was the superior fighter in the opening round before the injury then fair enough, a title fight should happen.

Money talks I suppose.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Possibly, it's a shame we never saw a peak Conor vs Khabib and possible genuine rematch before his father died. Would''ve been great to see how a peak Conor would've adjusted in a rematch, he probably has a two round window to get the better of Khabib.
It's a matter of opinion but I feel that McGregor's best was definitely at FW, where he was the bigger fighter and just needed to touch the opponent to win. He never really "out-fought" anyone there, he just did his thing, get in early and starch them. Mendes was the closest to a traditional fight and he was losing that until he caught Mendes with the left.

At LW, his fight against Alvarez was a thing of beauty. It's the first and only time he actually had a fight where he looked the much better fighter against elite opposition.

But beyond that, we've seen that his one-hit KO power does not translate over to LW, and except that fight with Alvarez, he's looked like a top 10 fighter, not one of the elites.

This is why I think no version of McGregor would beat Khabib, a guy who seems to dominate everyone at LW.

redom

I was a little surprised how much stock Poirier put in Conors words, seemed like it did actually have a bit of an effect on him when I was expecting it to be water off a ducks back, unfortunately for Conor it just focused Dustin who definitely seemed to have more venom in him.

Shame Wonderboy couldn't get his game going really, Burns did well neutralising him and probably gave us a glimpse of what Usman would have done tbh.

mu4c_20le

At LW, his fight against Alvarez was a thing of beauty. It's the first and only time he actually had a fight where he looked the much better fighter against elite opposition.
Not sure if I would classify Eddie as elite competition, always thought he was a decent bellator fighter who enjoyed a short period of success in the ufc. Agree with the rest of your post though, Conor never had anything for Khabib, who was toying with him on the feet before finishing him off on the ground like a child.

The real shame is that we never got to see a proper Conor Aldo war in their primes.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Not sure if I would classify Eddie as elite competition, always thought he was a decent bellator fighter who enjoyed a short period of success in the ufc. Agree with the rest of your post though, Conor never had anything for Khabib, who was toying with him on the feet before finishing him off on the ground like a child.

The real shame is that we never got to see a proper Conor Aldo war in their primes.
Oh I agree that Alvarez wasn't all that in his UFC career, a pretty lucky champion but at the end of the day, I guess he was the champion, which is why I put it that way.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I would have liked to see McGregor against Hooker, Barboza or Gaethje.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I would have liked to see McGregor against Hooker, Barboza or Gaethje.
Trouble with Conor is he rarely fights anyone on his level. Its either someone better than him who he wants to fight and the opposing fighter happily accepts because of the bigger pay - or an over the hill rehabilitation fight like Cowboy, or a straight up hype fight like Nate. Right now, I would say Conor is probably on par with the likes of Hooker and Kevin Lee, but he will never fight them because he has far too much influence on who he fights and would view these fights as a massive step down from where he perceives himself and wants people to perceive him.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
What if Poirer loses the title fight, are they still gonna do a 4th fight?

For me, it’s just absolutely pointless to do a 4th point as Mcgregor was saved by the buzzer at the end there. If it wasn’t for having his ankle broken in the end there from one of his own leg kicks, I reckoned Poirer would have finished him off in Round 2 again. If it was McGregor who was the superior fighter in the opening round before the injury then fair enough, a title fight should happen.

Money talks I suppose.
Dustin is also open to the possibility of the 4th fight if and when Conor gets healthy. In fact, I have zero problems with that match if Dustin won't have a title. He can probably make a lot of money and beat him again comfortably, so why not.

However, Conor getting the opportunity for the title after the recovery would be just plain wrong and in that case Dustin should tell him to prove himself and actually beat someone relevant before.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Celebrating someone breaking a leg isn't cool, even if its a piece of shit like Connor. I think this is the genuine end of Connor, he hasn't been near his best for 4 years or so, was an amazing fighter on the way up but destroyed himself with his arrogance and life style. Sad end for a could be legend but I don't think he'll ever be back at an elite level. The fact he threw everything into the guillotine and panicked again when Dustin got in close is a big problem for him.

He's been found out to an extent and that combined with his inability to improve and mistreatment of his own body etc.. sad end, he's went from an asshole at the top of the pack to a complete prick somewhere in the middle.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Dustin is also open to the possibility of the 4th fight if and when Conor gets healthy. In fact, I have zero problems with that match if Dustin won't have a title. He can probably make a lot of money and beat him again comfortably, so why not.

However, Conor getting the opportunity for the title after the recovery would be just plain wrong and in that case Dustin should tell him to prove himself and actually beat someone relevant before.
Dustin did say if he's the champion then Connor has to win a few fights first.

Tyrion

Also footballers don't go around calling people's wives ho's or saying they'll send someone home on a stretcher etc. Then get bit by karma
Tbf, I think McGregor's a prat but aren't most of them obnoxious prats? It's how they sell those fights. McGregors opponents can't moan about his trash talk while they happily take the big pay cheque from fighting him that all that trash talk helped build.

:lol::lol: He's become an embarrassment. I remember when he fought Aldo, he was almost regarded as a hero. How things change!
I'm not sure his trash talk has become any more ridiculous. He just can't back it up now so it seems more ridiculous.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Tbf, I think McGregor's a prat but aren't most of them obnoxious prats? It's how they sell those fights. McGregors opponents can't moan about his trash talk while they happily take the big pay cheque from fighting him that all that trash talk helped build.
McGregor is one of the biggest prats, hence his status in the sport. To be fair, Poirier wished him a speedy recovery. Everyone has a line, Poiriers was death threats, especially AFTER the fight, where the trash talk usually ends.

cyberman

Its what makes the sport so dangerous but it doesn't lessen the seriousness of the injury. We should be respecting the fighters for taking these risks.
I once got a warning on here saying it isnt that bad if a Utd fan wishes a City player had a hamstring strain and those injuries are a million times more common than leg breaks in mma.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its what makes the sport so dangerous but it doesn't lessen the seriousness of the injury. We should be respecting the fighters for taking these risks.
I once got a warning on here saying it isnt that bad if a Utd fan wishes a City player had a hamstring strain and those injuries are a million times more common than leg breaks in mma.
Conor doesn't make these situations any easier on himself by making gun hand gestures to his head when he was injured on the ground, inferring he was going to kill Dustin, and literally continuing to insult his wife from the floor. This is in stark contrast to when footballers get injured.

cyberman

Conor doesn't make these situations any easier on himself by making gun hand gestures to his head when he was injured on the ground, inferring he was going to kill Dustin, and literally continuing to insult his wife from the floor. This is in stark contrast to when footballers get injured.
Is it though? Thats a massive leap and thats after Dustin mocked Conor as he lay there with his leg snapped and the wife flipping him off. Dustin was slagging him before Conor got on the mic, it all adds up in Mcgregors mind. Both were as classless as each other imo.
Conor just got up off the ground before the round was over without being stood up and would have thought he was back in it, then he snaps his leg and his career is in doubt seconds later
Theres no way in hell that interview should have happened anyway, too much weight is put behind an athletes darkest moment just because we don't like Mcgregor. The entire post match was a shit show from all sides.
Edit i mean its basically a no contest and Dustin is bringing his family in with his rival is waiting to get moved with a snapped leg. Its surreal. Its up there with Wiedman v Silva imo
cyberman,
Your message (Sadio Mane | Moreno'd) is wishing injury on a person. This is a breach of our rules and a pretty despicable thing to wish on anyone.

This is a warning to not repeat this behaviour and a friendly reminder to respect all the rules of the site: http://www.redcafe.net/help/rules-violations/

Your post may also have been removed by a moderator.

If you have accumulated enough warning points, your account may be temporarily banned. If you reach 15 points, you will be permanently banned from the site.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Is it though? Thats a massive leap and thats after Dustin mocked Conor as he lay there with his leg snapped and the wife flipping him off. Dustin was slagging him before Conor got on the mic, it all adds up in Mcgregors mind. Both were as classless as each other imo.
Conor just got up off the ground before the round was over without being stood up and would have thought he was back in it, then he snaps his leg and his career is in doubt seconds later
Theres no way in hell that interview should have happened anyway, too much weight is out behind it in an athletes darkest moment just because we don't like Mcgregor. The entire post match was a shit show from all sides
Can you think of any other precedent where a top UFC fighter repeatedly threatened to kill an opponent, called his wife a whore, threaten to have him carried out on a stretcher etc ? I can't. Conor has to grow up and start behaving like a man and perhaps start doing his talking with his fists in the Octagon instead of behaving like an unhinged rodeo clown. People may then feel a bit more sympathy towards him.