The MMA thread

Luke1995

He’s basically turning into MMA’s version of Donald Trump.
He actually once said Trump was a great president. After the UFC milks every drop of his remaining star power, maybe Conor goes into politics.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He actually once said Trump was a great president. After the UFC milks every drop of his remaining star power, maybe Conor goes into politics.
Dont think it would be wise McGregor threatening a rival politicians wife and kids :lol:

RedFish

Hello everyone. I wasn't able to watch last weekend's card as just before the fights were about to start, I was hit with some pretty dark personal news.

My favorite female fighter Maycee was on that card. I've read plenty of people and media members calling the fight a robbery, but leaving that aside, was her performance better than in previous fights ?

Thanks
She didn't show any progression whatsoever, particularly sense of distance and how to close it. She was just throwing air kicks and missing by huge margins. Judges were plain incompetent.

She trained at Alpha male for this fight I believe - I don't know what the feck they were doing though you'd be forgiven for thinking she walked in off the street...

Ladron de redcafe

Anyone following the Darren Till situation?
He apparently posted a meme in which he was mocking transexuals and then doubled down, saying "you can't cancel someone who doesn't give a f" before taking a parting shot at the 'always offended brigade'.

Instagram has apparently just suspended his account due to complaints issues by the Echo (Scouse newspaper).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Anyone following the Darren Till situation?
He apparently posted a meme in which he was mocking transexuals and then doubled down, saying "you can't cancel someone who doesn't give a f" before taking a parting shot at the 'always offended brigade'.

Instagram has apparently just suspended his account due to complaints issues by the Echo (Scouse newspaper).
Very strange given that IG is an American company. Is this sort of thing supposed to be illegal in the UK ?

Ladron de redcafe

Very strange given that IG is an American company. Is this sort of thing supposed to be illegal in the UK ?
You're right. It does seem a little strange, and I wonder whether I've gotten a detail or two wrong. Merseyside police received complaints and said they were investigating, but that shouldn't have any bearing on Instagram suspending an account due to an investigation overseas.

Luke1995

She didn't show any progression whatsoever, particularly sense of distance and how to close it. She was just throwing air kicks and missing by huge margins. Judges were plain incompetent.

She trained at Alpha male for this fight I believe - I don't know what the feck they were doing though you'd be forgiven for thinking she walked in off the street...
Unfortunate to hear. She does seem like a great athlete. At what point do you stop calling someone a prospect ? She still seems young enough to develop.

Ladron de redcafe

That isn't official, for what it's worth. It's just a "verbal agreement". No contract has been signed by Gaethje or by Chandler as of right now.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What time does Bellator start on BBC iPlayer. Hate their coverage— it’s pain in the ass.

redom

Calf kicks seem to be one of the really prominent techniques in MMA right now, they just seem so debilitating and kinda difficult to do anything about. Benoit is gonna be sore tomorrow that's for sure.

SirAnderson

Almost 2am, main card starts in 1 hour 10mins. Will have to download and watch this later, way too tired.
Not sure who I want to win for the main, I like both of the fighters. Just hope the card puts some great fights up.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
If she connects one millisecond before, she gets disqualified

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Khabib ended the night invict as a corner man.

Now it's time for the main event.

USD $1.000.000 and FW belt on the line.

I'm going with Mckee. Impressed me every time and he keeps getting better. Rooting for him.

If he doesn't get KO'd or guillotined, he will be Champion and millionaire. He has the tools and physical attributes to do it.

Should be a great fight either way.