The MMA thread

redom

No way I'll stay up for the main event but hopefully the prelims are enjoyable. There's gonna be a lot of promos on replay if these prelim fights are quick finishes, kinda bare looking with the dropouts.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Just woke up. It is strange as an adult to get up 4 in the morning to watch people fight....

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Just woke up. It is strange as an adult to get up 4 in the morning to watch people fight....
:lol:

Not too bad. Some crazy people wake up to watch tennis and shit.

Here is midnight, and I'm awake since 7am. Almost fell asleep a few times during the prelims but now I'm not sleepy at all.

Grylte

:lol:

Not too bad. Some crazy people wake up to watch tennis and shit.

Here is midnight, and I'm awake since 7am. Almost fell asleep a few times during the prelims but now I'm not sleepy at all.
I used to just sit up, but it messes up the monday morning too much, by getting up early, it's easy to get up for work monday :)

Ladron de redcafe

Come on!! What a TKO. That counter came out of nowhere.
Impressive. And he's at 13-0 now. Great hit there.

Meanwhile, Ngannou walks into the arena wearing a smile and looking supremely confident.

Incidentally, who is this next Nurmagomedov ? Related to Khabib?

Ladron de redcafe

Cousin I think.

edit. Anik just said not related to Khabib?
That was my first guess but I don't see him there, whereas he was always in the corner of Umar, so something felt off. Anik clarifying that there's no relation makes sense, I suppose. Just share a last name.

George Owen

That was my first guess but I don't see him there, whereas he was always in the corner of Umar, so something felt off. Anik clarifying that there's no relation makes sense, I suppose. Just share a last name.
On his instagram, Khabib was tagging him and sending him some messages (in russian, so no idea what he said). They must be related at some level 100%.

Ladron de redcafe

On his instagram, Khabib was tagging him and sending him some messages (in russian, so no idea what he said). They must be related at some level 100%.
Hmm. I don't follow Khabib, but if he's sending him messages, then he must be somehow related, as you said.

And that's a quick guillotine. 47 seconds!

Grylte

Can't remember if i have seen him before, but this Pereira looks like a nice and fun dude.
Good fight, nice to see respect between fighters, i prefer that much more than the trashtalk McGregor and some others are doing.

George Owen

Can't remember if i have seen him before, but this Pereira looks like a nice and fun dude.
Good fight, nice to see respect between fighters, i prefer that much more than the trashtalk McGregor and some others are doing.
He definitely is a class act. And fun.

One time he did his walkout doing backflips and shit, and then gassed after one round :lol:. Ended up losing to a bum.

Never in a boring fight. Maybe you remember when he made his debut and KO'd Danny Roberts with a flying knee.

Grylte

That push at the end of this round, why doesn't he get a warning for that?
It's an offensive action after the bell, even if it didn't hurt him, and to me it should be a clear warning.

Grylte

That push at the end of this round, why doesn't he get a warning for that?
It's an offensive action after the bell, even if it didn't hurt him, and to me it should be a clear warning.
He obviosly was warned by the ref, but i mean if you kick your opponent in the balls or poke his eyes, you get a warning and the 2nd time you lose a point.
I think a push, hit or anything after the bell should give a warning and if you get another warning for anything, you lose a point.
I don't know all the rules 100%, but it does look to me like you can kick someone in the balls a time, maybe two, before you lose a point, same with eyepoke, but they should all count for the same.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That pace in that one was absolutely insane, what a fight.

George Owen

The commentary made it look closer than what it was.

fecking Rogan feck off once and for all!!! hahaha

A fourth fight in Mexico or Brazil sounds good.

Grylte

Well that was interesting. 4th fight will happen now of course. Feels setup that way.
It's a good fight, and i am obviously always interested in watching that, but i really think these rematches are ruining a lot of this sport.
Unless a freak accident or feckup by the ref, i don't think rematches should happen.
When someone lose, it's the next in line's turn at the belt, and the one who lose should fight his way back up.

George Owen

It's a good fight, and i am obviously always interested in watching that, but i really think these rematches are ruining a lot of this sport.
Unless a freak accident or feckup by the ref, i don't think rematches should happen.
When someone lose, it's the next in line's turn at the belt, and the one who lose should fight his way back up.
I agree, but because they are now Draw-1-1 against each other, they have to break the tie. They fecked up after Moreno won the belt.