The MMA thread

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
That was sloppy but entertaining. Classic heavyweight fight, with both fighters gassed after one round.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Tsarukyan time :drool:

I'm a fan of Gamrot too, but I hope Tsarukyan edges it. Gonna be a great fight, of the highest level. We should see some crazy grappling scrambles along the way.

Last edited:

redom

Just caught up with the main card, I also had Tsarukyan edging it, thought he landed some heavy kicks to the body that hurt Gamrot who had a great poker face and that spinning back fist was one of the cleaner shots of the fight, the judges must have really put weight into those slight grappling advantages Gamrot had in the later rounds even though he did no damage and didn't threaten any submissions. Either way it was a really close fight and expect both fighters to be pushing the top 5 within the next 12-18 months, probably sooner for Gamrot with this win.

Rakhmonov just methodically dismantled Magny, seems like Shavkat vs Khamzat is only a matter of time :drool:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Just caught up with the main card, I also had Tsarukyan edging it, thought he landed some heavy kicks to the body that hurt Gamrot who had a great poker face and that spinning back fist was one of the cleaner shots of the fight, the judges must have really put weight into those slight grappling advantages Gamrot had in the later rounds even though he did no damage and didn't threaten any submissions. Either way it was a really close fight and expect both fighters to be pushing the top 5 within the next 12-18 months, probably sooner for Gamrot with this win.

Rakhmonov just methodically dismantled Magny, seems like Shavkat vs Khamzat is only a matter of time :drool:
I reckon the ufc will try to keep them apart, they won’t want to derail either of their hype trains before it’s absolutely necessary

redom

I reckon the ufc will try to keep them apart, they won’t want to derail either of their hype trains before it’s absolutely necessary
I wonder if they'll try to feed Masvidal to one of them to build their star power, Shavkat is the one that needs that boost more than Khamzat but I can't see Masvidal taking on some rising monster, he'll probably try for a Nate rematch or Conor.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I wonder if they'll try to feed Masvidal to one of them to build their star power, Shavkat is the one that needs that boost more than Khamzat but I can't see Masvidal taking on some rising monster, he'll probably try for a Nate rematch or Conor.
Shavkat called out Wonderboy, but feck that, if they feed Wonderboy to him I will actually cry….if fact I’ll go fight the bastard myself before I see WB get wrestlefecked again

redom

Shavkat called out Wonderboy, but feck that, if they feed Wonderboy to him I will actually cry….if fact I’ll go fight the bastard myself before I see WB get wrestlefecked again
I read a snippet from Wonderboy before talking about his last two opponents immediately shooting in and holding him down and how he wants to pick the right fight next so I can't imagine he'd want Shavkat either, he mentioned either Pereira or Holland which makes sense as both those guys are going to be heavily striking focused you'd think.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I read a snippet from Wonderboy before talking about his last two opponents immediately shooting in and holding him down and how he wants to pick the right fight next so I can't imagine he'd want Shavkat either, he mentioned either Pereira or Holland which makes sense as both those guys are going to be heavily striking focused you'd think.
Yeah saw it too, and I’d be absolutely down for either of those fights. Wonderboy is loved by fans so be good for the ufc to stick him in a striking contest. Him vs Pereira would do nicely

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Gonna be a banging main card. Shame I'll need to catch up tomorrow but will avoid all spoilers...

Hoping for:

Max to get his crown back
Adesanya to get pulverized

Neither will happen I reckon.

George Owen

Gonna be a banging main card. Shame I'll need to catch up tomorrow but will avoid all spoilers...

Hoping for:

Max to get his crown back
Adesanya to get pulverized

Neither will happen I reckon.
I'd like Adesanya getting brutalized, but would be super surprised if Cannonier is the one to do it. Hopefully Pereira can win today so the UFC can set up that shit. The PTSD would be crazy for Adesanya during the build up. Well, to be fair, the build up for a potential fight with Strickland would be fun too.

Rooting for Volk here. But not putting money this time. That second fight was too close. Would be crazy if one of them gets KOd.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
UFC trying to get someone to bet on Hall but hyping him for 10 minutes before this destruction.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Still awake. Was up at 7:30am watching rugby….full of Covid….gonna try to make it through

George Owen

UFC trying to get someone to bet on Hall but hyping him for 10 minutes before this destruction.
With highlights from 10 years ago.

Surprised he didn't left his gloves in the cage after the fight. Soon to be 38yo, doesnt have much to offer, even as a gatekeeper.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Wowzer, how you even still awake is crazy :lol:

I struggled to wake up after the alarm went off. Eventually woke up to see the Barber post fight interview, didn't miss too much. :D
I’ve no idea, I’m well fecked :lol:
I have a morbid fascination with the Strickland Peirera fight though

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Du Plessis looks huge and shredded. No wonder his tank looks a bit suspect